Wanted to say hi!

doggBALLZ

Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to all the posters. Man I have been hoping for awhile that I would find a place like this, looks like I just wasn't searching hard enough!

A bit about myself...one of the few goa dj's on the west coast. I am currently living in Tofino on Vancouver Island which I highly reccomend for everyone to visit if you are anywhere on the Island! We have a great underground psy scene led by the S.P.D.M Dj cult crew who are all former psy dj's from Vancouver and around the west coast.

Umm yah, I'm really looking forward to picking everyones brains and having mine picked at. What a great resource! Where are most of you guys and gals from?

Oh just wanted to mention that I'm moving to Calgary next month and would love any info anyone has about the Calgary psy scene!

Play hard, keep it secret,

Donnie Doggballz

Hey bud! It's great to see someone from the neighbourhood! I'm a relative newcomer to the site myself and a real newbie to the whole psy scene. I'm coming over from the glory days of 1997 to 2000 mainstream trance. Old skool Goa caught my ear and I find I can't get enough of it.

I'm a transplant from Mississippi, but for the last 5 years I've hung my hat in the West End of Vancouver. Tofino can be wikkid fun. I was over there a few years ago and spent some quality time at the Wickaninnish Inn listening to the surf crash outside the balcony doors while I went to sleep.

Goa DJ? You'll have to tell me more sometime. I don't know anyone who listens to psy. All my friends think I'm crazy. I have gone to Organix at Club 23 West a few times, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. I think I'm alone in an island of people obsessed with West Coast house and hip hop.

hello, im new here too...

i joined awhile ago...sometime....somewhere * i get around abit..hehe*

but now would like to connect and spend more time with international fellow doofers *psylovers*... as i want to start travelling real soon...

im a graphix n music person...

i dont dj.... i dont make music..

im all visualistix !

hello, im new here too...

i joined awhile ago...sometime....somewhere * i get around abit..hehe*

but now would like to connect and spend more time with international fellow doofers *psylovers*...  as i want to start travelling real soon...

im a graphix n music person...

i dont dj.... i dont make music..

im all visualistix !

214861[/snapback]

Hey, you used to be on the 604 list a few years back, right? I think I gave you some feedback on your photos or something like that...

Take care!

Hey, you used to be on the 604 list a few years back, right? I think I gave you some feedback on your photos or something like that...

Take care!

214868[/snapback]

yeah..i did ..long time ago.... like about 4yrs ago..

then forums came into action...heh

yeah..im still doing photos....even more now!

got some KillaH shots :)

we just had rainbow serpent festival in australia

.. here's one from the sunday morning (protoculture was playing)

Posted Image

Hellooo-hope you enjoy using this forum as i have!

webgrril - very good pics man! You've captured THOSE moments perfectly, the energy is undeniable...

Dear Mr. Balls,

Welcome.

Been to Tofino a few times and it is a very nice place. Were you born there?

As for me, I live in rainy Vancouver... There is a small scene here and it's not bad. I only wish we got more live acts coming through.

Good luck in Calgary!

Cheers,

kjhogg

Hey Khogg,

Nope wasn't born here but lived for quite awhile. I'm originally from Calgary but haven't been back in many a year. My buddy Geoff(DJ Asura) here wanted to know if you DJ in Van? He used to hold a psy residency at Organix, just wondering if he might know you.

Groovy. Those are some fucking wicked pics, nice work!

DDB

the psy scene is all over the world.... n im so thankful that these days its possible..for us to travel..and connect with all ....thru travel & also internet..

its a good scene here in australia.. but like anything good....we have to look after it.. nuture it.. constantly...

i try and take photos ..the beauty i see in all around me....

and in the psy community...i see the most hope :)

so i hope u dont mind me.. putting here and there, my fav photos....... so that it instigate.. inspire...and evoke.....something, within U

~namaste~

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi from France!

...................................................................................................................... _______________................................(@..)___(..@)..................................______________ _______________............................../...........................\................................______________ _______________............................(._____________.)............................______________ _______________........................../.\_____________/.\............................______________ _______________......................../.......................................\..........................______________ _______________....................../...|...................................|...\........................______________ _______________..................../.....|......|.....................|......|.....\......................______________ _______________................../.......|......|.....................|......|.......\....................______________ _______________................(.........|......|.....................|......|.........)..................______________ _______________.....______\......|......|.....................|......|......./______......______________ _______________.....<..._______|......|_________|......|________...>....______________ _______________...........................|......|.....................|......|............................______________ _______________...........................WW....................WW............................______________

Welcome here doggBALLZ ;) and enjoy! Nice to still see new members after so many years :)

By the way, Webgrrl you are an artist ... ;)

Hi All,

Suppose I should say hello too as I am a newcomer. Been reading the olds reviews for a while, and finally thought I really should join the forum.

Always used to be an indie kid, gradually got into trancey stuff in about 98, and once I found psy, haven't looked back. Don't get out dancing enough, but enjoy it when I do. One of the joys of being stuck in Cambridge (pretty place, sucks for parties and topography). Make it out in Bristol every now and again, if possible with the lovely Tribe of Frog peeps.

Look forwards to talking to folk around here and chipping in when I can add to the font of human knowledge (not too often!).

Nice one,

Dx

Yo! I'm new too!

I come from Cape Town, South Africa where I have been deejaying for 5 years. And producing for about 3.

I now find myself in Hamburg, Germany, and with all you wonderful peeps on this wicked forum!

Cape Town has spoilt me over the years as I have stomped in front of and played beside the biggest names in PSY. If you guys are thinking about catching some beats in Cape Town... DO IT!!! It's so worth it! It is the most wonderfully beautiful place visted by the best bands and dj's... and the stompers out there have the most fantastic vibe about them. Pure Shiva energy!

I just got into Germany and am looking to connect with any DJ's and producers in Hamburg or the North. Anybody out there?!

I use Cubase SX and Reason on a hyper-threaded p4 system. I am a complete sub-junky and tend to gravitate towards the full-on side of things with emphasis to the bottom end! I love thick intricate basslines with melodic psychedelix in the tops. I'm not too crazy about progressive, although I like to start my sets with 30 min of it at least, then I bring in the crazy shit! So there's a bit of a curve up to the climax portion of the set. More tension. I find a whole set of prog stuff get's a little flat and 1-dimensional! So I like to add a bit of colour and psychedelica to take the crowd on a bit of a journey.

I play hard morning sets mostly. Outdoor Sunrise is my favourite. I never play faster than 145bpm. I hit 148bpm for one set that was outdoor and I had to play into headlong gail-force winds! It was madness!

The longest set I have played is 9 hours, and when I finished ( last DJ ) the whole dancefloor just sat down and massaged each other! Weird!

I have no realeased trax thus far, but I have 2 tracks that labels want to release this year on compilations. Hold thumbs!

Favourite artists of the last 2 years: Sub6, Gattaka, Wrecked Machines, Earthling

nice to meet you all

boom!

mylo