When/how did your goa expierience begin...

Guest Rain

144 members have voted

1. 1. When/how did your goa expierience begin...

• < or = 1993

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember exactly, either it was 96 or 97 and it started like almost everyone else's addiction. A CD-R given by a friend, which later turned out to be "Abstract Phaze" from Matsuri. I never heard anything remotely weird before, I couldn't believe my ears. This compilation still has a very special place in my heart and I occasionally dig it out to remember the parties and the good time we had back then.

I began the search for music I heard back when I was doing the club scene (about 1995 or 1996).  Skip forward to 1999 and Napster!  It opened my eyes beyond the Oakenfold and Van Dyk and introducted me to Hallucinogen and Astral Projection!!!!  This music is infectious....

221018[/snapback]

Forget about Vandyk and Oakenfold, Astral Projection and hallucinogen are definetly the best artists in any electronical genre, this is way more melodic and emotional instead of oakenfold and van dyk bad quality synthsound music.

Paul Oakenfold had his moments.

A voyage into trance was good. Genetic - Trancemission to kick off & Hallucinogen - LSD to finish. I loved that comp (even though it was just 1 long track)

I was in High school (Lykeio in Greek) and a friend gave me a cd with trance (Oakenfold, digweed etc) among the tracks was also some Astral.

2001 went to uni. Started going to commercial trance parties in Newcastle. Met some other Greek people there that invited me to go to London for an underground party. It was Reefer Decree and Emok.

Had my first MDMA there, realy loved the party. Started downloading psy music, like a lot of people the first songs where Infected and Astral.

At the begin I only liked the power/full-on songs, but now I realise its all about the melodies.

The funny thing is that when I went back to Greece for the summer after my first year at university and started talking to people about Goa/Psy, there were soooooo many people that I knew who were going to parties for years (while I stayed home and studied) and they had never introduced me to ther experience/music.

Now they talk about the the early years (95ish....) and I really regret that I hadn't been there (although I was very young at the time).

Guest Astro Cortex

perhaps it was koxbox's forever after :P?

572906[/snapback]

:blink::huh:

Forget about Vandyk and Oakenfold, Astral Projection and hallucinogen are definetly the best artists in any electronical genre, this is way more melodic and emotional instead of oakenfold and van dyk bad quality synthsound music.

572992[/snapback]

Astral Projection & Hallucinogen is immature kiddies music :P

Guest Rezwalker

1996. extremely impressed from MFG-the "prophecy" album and from "Let there be light"-astral projection

some months later...VOILA..i discover the biggest project (imo) ever: Transwave...

and till now im a crazy transwave freak and goa freak generally (and anti-full on freak too) :P

1st party was: an incredible dj set from Mike mc guire (Juno reactor)

2nd: Battle of the future buddhas live (unforgetable live)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get your medical assurance cause: Transwave is back!

B A C K F I R E :ph34r:

In or ~'99 was introduced to "Techno" by my older brother, who always seemed to get there first. ;)

After I realized Techno existed I found Juno Reactor a few months later.

Then about a year or so later 604...

It changed everything... :D

1993 at thirteen ... a good friend started listening to experimental acid music. we started to enjoy lsd and not danceable music from record labels such as Delirium (i remember Acidisn - Ever Expanding), Labworks and others.

Goa releases appeared soon after .. and since he mixed music from matsuri, transient, high society, flying rhino, blueroom, koyote, trans'pact and tip we enjoyed our acid trips much more :lol:

And then lots of parties took place in forests .. small illegal ones for free and soon biger events all was young and fun not to compare to current mass festivals.

1993 at thirteen ... a good friend started listening to experimental acid music. we started to enjoy lsd and not danceable music from record labels such as Delirium (i remember Acidisn  - Ever Expanding), Labworks and others.

Goa releases appeared soon after .. and since he mixed music from matsuri, transient, high society, flying rhino, blueroom, koyote, trans'pact and tip we enjoyed our acid trips much more  :lol:

And then lots of parties took place in forests .. small illegal ones for free and soon biger events all was young and fun not to compare to current mass festivals.

573251[/snapback]

i love your avatar B)

Guest Cosmogenesis

The first time I have discovered goa trance, it was with this techno compilation back in 1996 here :lol:

No, it's not a joke, you can notice "Hallucinogen - LSD" among some mythic techno tracks like "Robert Miles - children", or "Quench - Dreams" for example.

My big sister has bought it and I was really impressed by "LSD", but, at that time, I didn't know what was exactly goa, and I used to listen some techno or trance and, on the other side, a lot of hip hop, with Wu-Tang Clan as my idoles: it was my big gangsta time! :lol::lol:

In 2000, I have started to be interested seriously and only in the goa music thanks to a goa fanatic friend, with releases as "Transistance 1" (Cyan vs Psycho Meditation) & the "Astral Trance" compilation. Great time, great memories... :rolleyes:

:blink:  :huh:

Astral Projection & Hallucinogen is immature kiddies music :P

573115[/snapback]

People needs to realise that it doesnt matter ONE TINY LITTLE bit what some random forum idiot says about music you like, heck it doesnt even matter what your friends thinks of your music, as long as you like it yourself.

Guest Astro Cortex

People needs to realise that it doesnt matter ONE TINY LITTLE bit what some random forum idiot says about music you like, heck it doesnt even matter what your friends thinks of your music, as long as you like it yourself.

573457[/snapback]

Posted Image