When/how did your goa expierience begin...

Guest Rain

144 members have voted

1. 1. When/how did your goa expierience begin...

• < or = 1993

Mine starts at 1998... I friend of mine did a schooltrip to canterbury in england and their he bought a mixtape called 'goatrance 9'... Never heard of goa before :unsure: ... I listened to that one tape 2 months long in the vacation every day... was addicted to it...Never heard such an intilligent music ever before... It took me 6 months before I found another goa cd... My purpase was to identify each goa track on that mix tape & to buy it original... Well 5 years later I founded like 5 songs from the 13 I'm looking for... :( ... But still, what a quest :) and also the mean reason why I (still) collected so much goatrance...

Those days we listened & partied on acid (the music ;) ) & hardtek (teckno in some countries)... I remember my first goa party that I couldn't dance on the music cause the bmp was too slow... Hardtek is mostly 180 bmp until 200bmp (I could be littel less or more I'm not sure, but it's definity lot faster then goa)... Still slowly the psychedelic vibes got me and Goa became my mainstream music...

How did yours start?... I believe some interesting stories will rise here...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a underground Goa party back in -97 with a friend, Loved it, Bought a couple of Compilations. Goa Head was atleast the first if I remember Correctly. After that my first forest party and I was on fire for this thing :lol:

I had 2 chapters. First winning a CD from a radio station in 1995. It was VA/Tribal Science http://www.discogs.com/release/176997. Tried to listen to it, but with not much affection. Prodigy and Chemical Brothers were my thing back at 95'. I traded this cd with Moby's Everything is Wrong. Silly move. Although i like that Moby CD a lot, i really sorry that i traded this CD as it is pretty much a collectors item right now. Just check out the tracklist. I have a hi-q Mp3 rip of it and it still sounds fresh and psychedelic to me as it was 10 years ago.

I was really caught on the music in 99 while serving the army. I served with a guy who's sister was rather famous Dj here in Israel (actually, surprisingly enought, it was her show on radio that i got the first compilation from :lol: ) he fed me constantly with top notch albums at that time. Starting from Platipus classic albums and compilations and also stuff from Infected Mushroom, P-Cock, and more. By that time i bought my first Trance CD which was AP's Another World and from there i was quite addicted. Found this site in 2000 and tried to put my hands on as much material as possible.

in 1998 I had already many regular trance/Rave cds, one of them had some Bypass Unit tracks on it (released on Belgian Bonzai label) and I liked them much more then the other tracks, so i ordered the Bypass unit album on the internet (green dreams), when I had that cd there was a very cheap sticker "100% goa trance" on it... Since then I knew I found my world :D 1 month after I went to my first goa party... Sold forever since that day :)

Some where in the year 2000

To make a story short. Me and my best druggie friend desided to check out mushrooms. We ordered mushroom from a danish herb site (They later got closed because of the danish politic). He had also download some tracks on a act that neighter of us had ever heard of before.. Infected Mushroom. hehe, it made sence to test out shroom's with a group named mushroom ;) It was the best experience in my life.. Nothing like all the chemicals i used to chew :) This was me.. This drug represented me for me. I had found my "thing After that I was hooked on psychedelic everything. Psychedleic Trance was my new music love.

I have heard "Destination Goa" ect. before the year 2000, but it never really turned me that much on.. But now.. gimme gimme :D

I dont remember exactly, but I think it was 2000, when I went to a small party..

I took a couple of years to get totally addicted though... I was too much into smoking and listening to bob marley and punk rock at the time =)

Didn't know anything about the music (actually detested rave music!), some friends invited me out to a party, it was either 1999 or 2000 (so I voted 1999, to be cool B) )

Didn't know who the acts were at the time, but I really enjoyed the party (I was high on acid at the time, which was weird where I was, but good!)

So later, after I get into psy trance, I find my old ticket, and who was playing that night?

Wizzy Noise!

Good good stuff. From there... heavy listening at first to Juno Reactor, Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection, and so on, and here I am now!

I've actually been posting on this forum for quite a while longer than my registered date (around 2002?) when the forum got all screwed up. Just never got around to getting it fixed, and don't really care either...

Anyways cheers ppl

I was 13 years old and was searching for something new.. i was tired of all the 2 unlimited, cappella and all that eurodisco everyone was listening to.. So i went to my regular CD-shop, in search of something new.. And i saw: Distance To Goa 4..

Without listening to it, i bought it.. Got home and put on the first track:

Marmion - Schoneberg (man with no name remix)... Oh man *memories* :)

Well that CD changed my life.. My new hobby was synths :)

And after hearing cds like Alien Protein (tracks like starship 101), Phototropic and moment of truth, i wanted to produce music myself, study for sound engineering etc..

So this where i am today.. and its all that distance to goa 4 fault :D

Its been quite a journey......

1997.it was summer i was listening to the radio and while switching stations that was it.a certain sound....boom.radio palmos from larisa playing shiva shidapu area 51 transwave hypnorhythm and transwave my dear medical assurance.then with some right vibes from my sister i followed the path of goa trance... :rolleyes:

In '96, on shrooms at a friends place, he throws on A Voyage Into Trance mixed by Danny Rampling, and I was instantly loving it. At the time, I had just started doing shrooms and was buying all sorts of shit commercial electronica. I liked the synthetic beats and sounds, and I found parts of songs that I liked, but it was as if I was searching for something and didn't really know what it was. Then in that instant I just found it. Soon after, I went and got a wicked double cd compilation, and then another album, and another, and... :)

The funny part is, I think my friend put on that cd just to show us this weird music he had found. He didn't really like it. It was more of a novelty to him. What a strange and wonderful coincedence.

I listened to some gabba trance/hard core/punk/acid techno before I stumble upon Pulse 1 and 2 compilations. After that I still have sore jaw from excitement...Songs that got me into were THE KEY, KABALAH, ANTIDOTE, COR !, AXONAL, BORN AGAIN, X-FILES, ORANGE ACID, ELECTRONIC PULSATION, VITAN...The cream crop of trance was my first goa music, couldn't been better...;)

Halloween. A makeshift house set up with a small stage, decks and 3 wicked psy dj's. Dead babies hanging all over the ceiling, a big flaming pentagram behind the stage, blacklights and fake blood everywhere. 50-60 people dressed up to worship the devil crammed so tight into this 3 walled hut you barely have enough room to dance. Storming outside, rain and wind whipping up the tarp locking us all in there. EVERYONE on E and Acid. Party went until light with nobody leaving the entire time. Most intimate and amazing experience of my life, I was hooked. That night was also my first Acid experience.

December 2004. A real newcomer. Although I had purchased a few psy CDs about a year and a half ago, I didn't like them and they lay unlistened to on my music shelf.

I don't know what triggered it, but I decided to pull them out and start to give them a new listen. One of them just happened to be Pleiadians IFO and that was all she wrote! Now I've been exploring old skool Goa with all the enthusiasm of a giddy school girl. I think I rather like this psychedelic trance and Goa.

I didn't fell in love immediately, sort of grew into it over the years ;)

But I listened to pretty much everything around 97-98, euro, techno, "prodigy" :rolleyes: , hiphop :ph34r: rock ..

Early Astral and Hyperion - Sunflower were one of the first experiences (sunflower, amazing!!!)

Well, I came in contact with the psyscene thru the trackerscene..

That would be around 1998, 'cus that's about the time I made my

first goa-sounding track.. Frist CD I bought was probably Destination Goa 2.

stopped listening to the stuff around 2002/2003..

Altho I still enjoy Asura, Moksha, MOS and Celtic Cross.. :)

I listened to that one tape 2 months long in the vacation every day... was addicted to it...Never heard such an intilligent music ever before... It took me 6 months before I found another goa cd... My purpase was to identify each goa track on that mix tape & to buy it original... Well 5 years later I founded like 5 songs from the 13 I'm looking for... :( ... But still, what a quest  :) and also the mean reason why I (still) collected so much goatrance...

How did yours start?... I believe some interesting stories will rise here...

214703[/snapback]

WOW! same happened to me man!!!! i got a tape from a skool mate and i forgot to ask him which genre was it , i loved the tape but the tape ruined itself and then no goa , i found the genre on 2000 in Goa head vol.12 which was the RA - Initiated song! :) im still searching for the songs that were on the tape but no luck i cant found it. and thats also the reason i got so much goa B)

hi, long time lurker, 1st post ;)

1996 - i was into the modscene, and downloaded a music disk called "Lucid 2" from ultrabeat, and there was a goa track in there "Welcome to the Gods" by Sybaris, and i thought it was great! in the comments, he mentioned "hail the Hallucinogen!". so i was like, i must know what Hallucinogen is!

goa/psy was *so* hard to track down in the U.S. then (still is), i searched everywhere for anything goa... i finally got a CD called "Concept in Dance" with a ton of MWNN tracks... juno reactor "Transmissions", and a few paul oakenfold CD's "Perfection" (for MWNN Paint a Picture) and "Journeys by DJ" - which had Hallucinogen - LSD. finally!

once i heard LSD, my goa craze started - that track took me to far away distant lands! amazing :D

goa was difficult to find in mainstream US music stores, and i was a poor university student then, so i downloaded so much goa from napster... but since graduating and working full-time, i have bought CD/vinyl for almost everything i had on mp3, any "old-school" goa i can find :)

i think i am one of the few people in my area that listen to goa, lol... i love closing my eyes, listening to the music, and feel like i am dreaming, yet jumping and stomping around....!