3. Already found it

4. Cosmic consciousness

5. Emotions

6. Dna chaine

7. Litle bit freak (Menog album rmx)

8. Analog (Menog rmx)

9. Malana

10. Complicated minds

The second release of Spectral Records, and 'Menog's' second album.

An excellent album that show us the efforts and the work accomplished, by one of our most talented artist 'Menog'.

'Emotions' is a unique album, a different vision of reality, a journey to new sensations, charmed melodies that pass to spookier tones, and noisy sounds, that take us to a fly, to new perspectives and dimensions of sound, excellent work of drum sets.

Trance reality is revolting more every day, these are the results of what we believe, of our efforts to make the best we can.

Spectral Records presents this new album, which represents musical innovation, musical touch, and a kind of music that pleases to all the fans of electronic music.

(psyshop)

I fully agree Seraph! :) if you hear the samples that were put online... I can't wait! straight A earteasers.

This record is not going to dissapoint me :)

214884[/snapback]

i agree but the first one was a massive dark blaster one of the best albums...but new one ....not the menog i like.... the darkness!!! :angry:

Hey AmithabaBuddha, with all respect towards your love to goa, I find that you are being slightly strict and without any reason bashing something you haven't heard. The name of the albums says itself that it might be the idea you might like. If you heard it and heard that is full on, you still can't just bash it just because it is full on, I mean, you can dislike the genre but it seems that in almost every topic you post, you say something about full on being disgusting. You see, I don't like full on either but it is a little bit too much constantly hating something so much. No offense, just calm down with the hatred towards full on and you might discover even something you'd like from that genre...;)

Again.. I couldn't have said it better myself Seraph (thanks). The fact that I don't like progressive that much doesn't mean I'm bashing many progressive topics.. and I even got to like some of the songs!

Staying openminded isn't such a bad thing at all...

Hey AmithabaBuddha, with all respect towards your love to goa, I find that you are being slightly strict and without any reason bashing something you haven't heard. The name of the albums says itself that it might be the idea you might like. If you heard it and heard that is full on, you still can't just bash it just because it is full on, I mean, you can dislike the genre but it seems that in almost every topic you post, you say something about full on being disgusting. You see, I don't like full on either but it is a little bit too much constantly hating something so much. No offense, just calm down with the hatred towards full on and you might discover even something you'd like from that genre...;)

214964[/snapback]

bashing mode off ;)

sorry guys and Seraph. :)

I've just listened thru the album. And I like it very much. Full of power and melodies, or what you call em. This is the best "full-on" album since Fractal Glider's Digital Mandala IMO. Very good second release from Menog. Looking forward to many hours with this album.

Final Verdict: 9/10

i believe its weaker from his very good debut...also its a little colorful in addition to his old dark sounds...clean basslines...not my cup of tea...

215527[/snapback]

yeah dude the first one..... just when i think of the track naimless fear....

and the story of the menog album is over...... :angry:

where is all that dakness...... :angry::angry::angry:

Why it has to be dark to be good ?!?!?!?!!?! :blink: I am sick of evil obssesed little kids that ditch everything that doesn't fit their precious tasteful concept. This guy knows how to make music, let him make what he feels for ! I believe that this album would be at least as good as the first one cause he is no amateur...

Why it has to be dark to be good ?!?!?!?!!?! :blink: I am sick of evil obssesed little kids that ditch everything that doesn't fit their precious tasteful concept. This guy knows how to make music, let him make what he feels for ! I believe that this album would be at least as good as the first one cause he is no amateur...

216856[/snapback]

1 im noth a kid 2 its my opinion 3 i like all kind of trance but i espect something unique from menog like the first one .....seraph..... htis one is poore if u compare with 1 one thats my opinion got the message i hope...... ;)

:blink: You haven't heard of Menog ?

I think that he started releasing around 2002 and that first album came in 2003 called Natural Behaviour. I reviewed it in Reviews section...

Posted Image

1. Beyond emotion

2. Kinhos alucination (feat kinho)

3. Already found it

4. Cosmic consciousness

5. Emotions

6. Dna chaine

7. Litle bit freak (Menog album rmx)

8. Analog (Menog rmx)

9. Malana

10. Complicated minds

I was blown away by Menog's debut album in 2002 so was really curious about this one... First of all let's put things into context: 2002 was minimal psy year, basically EVERY release had a calm beat, a highhat and an occasional interesting sound/ melody in the background. Back then it was all about "making it funky"... So when Menog came with his full-on dark style it was a revelation. First of all because back then there was no such thing as melodies in dark trance (well except for BotFB but they're in a league of their own IMO), it was considered that for it to be dark it had to sound mechanical and repetitive (The Delta sound was MASSIVE at the time). Second because of the powerfull rolling bassline... but back then only a handfull of acts used it, not 99%...

So what I'm trying to say here is that since things evolved so much in the meantime, Menog's style simply doesn't hit you now the same way it did back then. Now it's normal to have melodies on top of rolling basslines... Still I must say that although I don't find it as groundbreaking as Natural Behaviour , I really like this album too!!!

The part I like best is that Menog manages to tell dark stories through MELODIES and not just wierd squeltches here and there. On the other hand, since the melodies are dark (although not as dark as on the first album), it can't really be called "normal" full-on either cause 99% full-on is with happy melodies.

Also with this album, Menog shows us that he can do downtempo as well!! I really like the first and last downtepo tracks on the album... such a scary atmosphere. I can only imagine someone on acid in the chill-out room listening to this LOL!!

I don't really understand why there's a remix of Paranormal Attack in here. Little Big Freak sounds much more like "normal" full-on and I find it disrupts the flow of the album.

The other tracks are Menog style: wierd dark melodies (and I mean REAL melodies, not just a bunch of synthlines on top of eachtoher) and, just like in his first album... quite interchangeable... During the album you'll wonder if you're listening to track 2 or did track 3 start and you didn't notice... or was it track 4? Still as long as you like the style that shouldn't be a problem :)

Conclusion not as groundbreaking as the debut album (but we're living in different times now so I guess that's normal) but still quite good album by Menog . If you liked the first album I don't see how you couldn't like this. Plus you get 2 downtempo tracks here :) OK, it shows that Menog had been influenced by full-on with this one (full-on was basically inexistant when he released Natural Behaviour ) but still, I like the way he tells stories through MELODIES!! Who said dark trance has to have just harsh sounds one on top of another? 7/10

• 2 weeks later...
Guest al3xandar

I am dissapointed by new Menog's album...where is the "forest" from Menog? Where is the darkness that used to narate myths...no way! Yes, it is turning into fullon, pity! :angry: