Dark Goa , yes it exists...

AmithabaBuddha

Ive saw you guys talked a lot about so many Goa artists but i wonder what you think about Darshan?

I like to hear this songs , its different from common Goa. Its dark ambient and trippy , very trippy. The guy starts with a dark layer and then takes you into a crazy 909 rythm and FM sounds with a simple saw bass all them in a small ambient and then takes you into a dark ambient again , it trips me a lot!

I wonder what you guys think of it? :)

"Awakening" album was good, tracks like "Tranceformation", and "Electroplasm" are worth listening to, anyway what i like in his music is that you immediatly recognize it's Darshan when you hear one of his tracks, that kick and basslines, those small sounds...that dark touch in tracks like "neuroscanner"...quite unique style.

By the way he made one of the most underrated tracks called "Navigator", not the same style as his 2 albums, more energetic, a bit like "Duck", remember it ! ;)

I LOVE DARSHAN ! Awakening is one of the better psy albums of the period and Spectra is just ok, nothing more..But, I like their various singles : DUCK, NAVIGATOR, PSYCHOKINESIS, MIND MERGE, ENERGY TRANCE, THE BEAST, WARPED DIMENSION, ECO BLIP, SLIPSTREAM, BLACK MAGIC. Those songs are in range of their first album. I can't actually call them that dark though...

I LOVE DARSHAN ! Awakening is one of the better psy albums of the period and Spectra is just ok, nothing more..But, I like their various singles : DUCK, NAVIGATOR, PSYCHOKINESIS, MIND MERGE, ENERGY TRANCE, THE BEAST, WARPED DIMENSION, ECO BLIP, SLIPSTREAM, BLACK MAGIC. Those songs are in range of their first album. I can't actually call them that dark though...

214837[/snapback]

glad to know you like it too! :D

Amazing no one mentioned Darshan - Phased Transition.

It´s one of my favorite tracks ever! The beginning (uff that bassline really sets you in the mood) The sample from Hoffmans journal ("i could feel the lsd floating through my entire body...i began to lift up and away from my body) and then the ending hmmmm i love it.

It´s one of my favorite tracks ever! The beginning (uff that bassline really sets you in the mood) The sample from Hoffmans journal ("i could feel the lsd floating through my entire body...i began to lift up and away from my body) and then the ending hmmmm i love it.

215114[/snapback]

youve gotta send me that one ! :D cheers

215114[/snapback]

Umm, we've been discussing Darshan's both albums in this thread and Phased Transition is on the Spectra album so...

Metal Spark - Corrosive

Biot - Saturation

Digitalis - the third state

214929[/snapback]

wow, really cool of you to mention Metal Spark! dutch guy vs UK, i only know a couple of songs from these guys but they absolutely rule! What was their label again?

Guest The Journey Man Project

Xenomorph- "Cassandra's Nightmare"

Sandman - "Witchcraft"

oh and when Astral came to Australia way back about ten years agosome of the stuff they played at night would have left the likes of Winter Demon screaming for their mommies hehe, to bad they'llnever release it or so they said...

The Menis album has a few highlights... I really enjoy Mushroom Maze and Fluff Killer, to this day. Some mid-period Semsis ain't bad - Storm in a Test Tube / Panic... Slide would be dark, non? Unstable!! Freak Disciple - Freedom Engine. Actually, that whole period of time in Rhino history - singles 19 through 29 or so... very nice :D

noboy mentioned Battle of the Future Buddhas - Twin Sharkfins! Dark, crispy, filthy and still melodic! :D

same with the Psychoactive Scandosounds 1 compilation, great stuff... also Cosmoon/Twisted Travellers is pretty dark!

The first Dark Nebula album on Nephilim and also the Distortion Orchestra - The Share of Things To Come was dark, and some songs of Psychaos would fit in that catergoy too...

noboy mentioned Battle of the Future Buddhas - Twin Sharkfins! Dark, crispy, filthy and still melodic! :D

same with the Psychoactive Scandosounds 1 compilation, great stuff... also Cosmoon/Twisted Travellers is pretty dark!

The first Dark Nebula album on Nephilim and also the Distortion Orchestra - The Share of Things To Come was dark, and some songs of Psychaos would fit in that catergoy too...

215430[/snapback]

Psychaos = end-of-the-world music. :D i love it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a wrong or didn't anybody mentioned Darshan - Digital Damage ...

Uplifting and dark & melodic at the same time... Killlar ;)

Sandman - witchraft is indeed one of kind in dark goa style...

lets not forget

Analog pussy.

"this is the infinity of analog pussy...

continue..."

teterre tetereetetereeetee.

love that track