Let's hear some love for Mi-Loony-Um!

Cinos

This track, along with it's single-companion Beautiful People, is generally considered Hallucinogen's worst. I disagree. Both this and BP are great tracks. The bass/percussion is excellent, and while the lack of melodies isn't too good, the subtle layered shades of twistedness make up for it.

And the dial-tone part in Mi-Loony-Um is just hilarious. :lol:

I also love Mi-Loony-Um ! Even though it is one of his weakest along with Magik. I remember when I first heard Mi-Loony-Um it was the hit and pretty funny tune in deed but after few listens it wore off and now it is just okay. I still hope that his new album would more sound like this song cause it still has the reminiscence of his old stuff...

Magick and Beatiful People are horrible.

Miloonium owns. I used it in my music class to give example of concrete music (using non musical instruments to create music, much like the beginning of Pink Floyd's Money)

Another bad Hallucinogen tune (although a colaboration) is Long Long Arms.

Mi-Loony-Um! is wicked and it has a great intro but I can't say it's so great.

Of course Simon was never of my best-best artists, so maybe this is why I don't like this track SO much. But yeah it's really good!

Magick and Beatiful People are horrible.

Miloonium owns. I used it in my music class to give example of concrete music (using non musical instruments to create music, much like the beginning of Pink Floyd's Money)

Another bad Hallucinogen tune (although a colaboration) is Long Long Arms.

214464[/snapback]

I wish i had a music teacher like you at school.

I might have actually bothered to pay attention. :)

Good on ya, Frontier Psychiatrist!! The world needs music-teachers like you. :P

Though I praise your teaching methods I slightly disagree on your comments about Magik and Long Long Arms. It is a matter of opinion, of course, so I give you mine <_<

I consider 'Magik' one of my 10 favorite Hallucinogen-tracks. It has all the elements that make up a classic tune in my book. It is complex, varied, twisted and well... hallucinogenic. Of course, it is not Space Pussy, Deranger or Gamma Goblins and will never be (but those are indeed tough acts to follow). :rolleyes:

'Beautiful People' is beginning to grow on me. It has taken more than a 100 listens. I admit I was making sad faces at first and thinking: 'oh my god - Simon has finally lost it'.... But it is one of those tracks which proves that first listenings can be deceiving. I simply can't get enough of that insane, distorted wailing-sound in the first couple of minutes and I consider it one of the greatest tricks which Simon has pulled out of the hat over the years. It is one of his weaker tracks, but that doesn't make it horrible (that's a strong word). Way above average, at worst. And THAT ain't bad.

'Long Long Arms'... Oh my! I have praised this one to High Heaven on several occasions in this forum, since I heard it at Earthcore Carnival. New psytrance-tunes rarely delights me at first listen, not even Hallucinogen-tracks - especially when I come to a party and expect some of the old dancefloor-killers. It is at home, immersed in the music in front of my stereo, that the REAL magic happens. But this one was an exception. That 'My arrrms are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry looooooooong.... looooong loooooong arms covered with beautiful feathers'.... and so on has got classic written all over it. I remember the rest of the track as delightfully melodic and psychedelic and I am looking forward to its release. :D

On another note, you should definitely give one of Simon's other soon-to-be-released-tracks a listen. I have heard it twice at his live sets. MAN! It is a killer! A rhythm formed by an insane, distorted robotic voice talking absolute gibberish. Golly! :lol:

Don't know the title nor if it'll be released. I'm guessing its one of the collaborations on Unusual Suspects 2. Here is a link with a short videoclip from thump-o-ween in San Francisco. It is one of the clips, dunno which one. Enjoy

http://www.phosfor.com/hallucinogen/

Peace and love to all sentient species B)

Sorry for my English :( I am not a teacher, i was a student. It was a part of my homework. I was supposed to find different pieces of music that fall under several definitions. Like Concrete music, descriptive music, and some other that i don't remember right now. As for teachers, i had some teachers while studying sound that had some connection with trance. But i, myself, don't teach yet

to me Mi-Loony-Um is like the same as some hard to define point in the Matrix 3 where you realize everything has gone terribly wrong and that eveything to come after this point is going to be a bit cheesy. Its hard to say that what comes after this point totally sucks because of what came in the beginning but none the less still leaves you longing for something closer to the genious of the earlier moments, when things were a bit more twisted and darker in general.

to me Mi-Loony-Um is like the same as some hard to define point in the Matrix 3 where you realize everything has gone terribly wrong and that eveything to come after this point is going to be a bit cheesy. Its hard to say that what comes after this point totally sucks because of what came in the beginning but none the less still leaves you longing for something closer to the genious of the earlier moments, when things were a bit more twisted and darker in general.

214630[/snapback]

Matrix 3 owns. END OF DISCUSSION!

On another note, you should definitely give one of Simon's other soon-to-be-released-tracks a listen. I have heard it twice at his live sets. MAN! It is a killer! A rhythm formed by an insane, distorted robotic voice talking absolute gibberish. Golly!  :lol:

Don't know the title nor if it'll be released. I'm guessing its one of the collaborations on Unusual Suspects 2. Here is a link with a short videoclip from thump-o-ween in San Francisco. It is one of the clips, dunno which one. Enjoy

http://www.phosfor.com/hallucinogen/

Peace and love to all sentient species B)

214589[/snapback]

That track is Hallucinogen & Tristan - Stretch Tastic :)

That track is Hallucinogen & Tristan - Stretch Tastic :)

214788[/snapback]

Heh! I expected that. It DOES sound kinda stretch-tastic. <_<

Another KILLER-track. Simon and Tristan really outdid themselves on this one. :P

How do you know this for sure, McDee? :huh:

Heh! I expected that. It DOES sound kinda stretch-tastic.  <_<

Another KILLER-track. Simon and Tristan really outdid themselves on this one.  :P

How do you know this for sure, McDee?  :huh:

214870[/snapback]

There are samples from UnS2 at the Solstice website www.solstice23.com ;)