Are you going to buy the Tsunami Aid comp?

Cinos

Are you going to buy the Tsunami Aid comp?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy the Tsunami Aid comp?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never is.

This poll is useless.

214133[/snapback]

I think it would be much more realistic to see a poll of people, who bought or did not buy this, but only once it was released. As of right now, the Tsunami album is not available, which leaves much speculation and I'm sure somr people, even some voting now, aren't 100% sure. Wondering things such as how well done will it be?, or not (for that matter).

I think some time needs to go by before asking this. Its just too early right now. I don't even know what I'm doing until it actually comes out. Some may think, "well it doesn't matter if its good or not, and you should know Weather you're getting it or not, The money is going to a good cause," and I say...

"Good. Well then they'll not over-price something so nice since the money isn't going to them, and hopefully there will be many good songs on it, as it would be ashame to see artists rush tracks or re-release stuff just for the sake of coping out and not doing any work, and yes, we can help in other ways too... and also if you choose not to help either, well, many people are not helping and many people are. That is your perogative."

Anyway, I am curious about seeing a poll like this, just think it would be much more effective after the album was released, as perspectives can change in less than one-thousandth of a second. ;)

apologies to all i have offended whom i didn't intend to

Can you imagine how hard it must have been to gather these tracks in such a short amount of time?

215953[/snapback]

Thanks and right on! Thats why i'm buying it.... and yeah people do whine a bit about not enough music compilastions suiting their taste... ah well. <_<

inthebigblue go away, we don't like your kind here  :huh:

215968[/snapback]

Nah i dont mind i dont think... he didnt run, but took the time to appologise after cooling down. We all have a hissy fit every now and again! ;)

I for one think another chance is an great idea.

I do not own a single burned CD. I can't prove it of course, but I can photograph my meager collection of 100+ CDs earliest on friday. If you really DO want to see it, tell me.

I do not own a single burned CD. I can't prove it of course, but I can photograph my meager collection of 100+ CDs earliest on friday. If you really DO want to see it, tell me.

216006[/snapback]

That's why I said it would take days to photograp the CD's... Guess our new member did not get that point ;)

Anyway I always believe in a second chance so welcome to this wicked place. Hope you'll enjoy your stay among the freaks :)

I download tracks for sure - but this album is on order!!

cant wait to hear it and the amount that'll be raised..

xx

I download tracks for sure - but this album is on order!!

cant wait to hear it and the amount that'll be raised..

xx

216039[/snapback]

..ok dumb question guys.....where could i pre order the Tsunami Cd from? also where could i pre order the Unusual suspects 2 cd? sorry, i dont be-a taken much atten-shun like :blink:

Interesting new facts! Africa did only get half of the needed donations for December and nada, ZERO in January! Interesting. Especially when there's about 50.000 dying people a week there because of starvation and waterborn diseases and AIDS ect. That's 200.000 a month. 2.4 million people a year !!!

I haven't found any English sources yet. I read it on a as much as possibe reliable non-biased news site in Denmark ...sorry.

Link to the Danish article

And you talk about a benefit CD that wont do much of a diffreence in the big picture! Yes it's for sure a good cause and that in itself is very nice gesture even though maybe it's a bit late now since all Benefit Organisation ask people NOT to send more money and instead help in Dafur, Ethiopia, Eritrea and also now Somalia again and many other African hard hit areas such as Liberia where 1 million people are estimated to starve now. And maybe it's also a bit late now because it seem the CD get more and more delayed as each day goes by!

Just my point of view... I have decided not to buy it.. I do my donations the way I think are the right way. And it's plenty more than just buying a CD that I wouldn't even play much from... The chill seem cool though.

This was just a little reminder to put things into perspective!

WFP (UN's World Food Programme) need 150 million dollars the next 3 months to be able to keep people alive. Are you going to donate to them too?

I must say I'm fully keen to lend a few dollars to the cause, but what bug's me is that the label will first take all the cash to cover production and distribution costs, and then when the actual profits come through it may be a few months down the line. Too late perhaps?

But hey, it's a good cause. I'll take one please. And donate the same amount of cash elsewhere to make sure it actually get's through to the needy!

we need to support Somalia. It's getting f***ed by the Tsunami cos it's lost precious aid donations that were coming through before the tragedy.

How about a Progressive Somalia comp?!!!!

boom!

I must say I'm fully keen to lend a few dollars to the cause, but what bug's me is that the label will first take all the cash to cover production and distribution costs, and then when the actual profits come through it may be a few months down the line. Too late perhaps?

But hey, it's a good cause. I'll take one please. And donate the same amount of cash elsewhere to make sure it actually get's through to the needy!

we need to support Somalia. It's getting f***ed by the Tsunami cos it's lost precious aid donations that were coming through before the tragedy.

How about a Progressive Somalia comp?!!!!

boom!

216058[/snapback]

I am working on an idea but I wont come forward with it until i am 100% sure it's possible to do it.

I am working on an idea but I wont come forward with it until i am 100% sure it's possible to do it.

216059[/snapback]

you got my support on this one EP.. a prog comp, for african or other cause with no media attention...

about the UN.. I started getting really doubtful about UN, after I saw that they have this program (some deal involving Kofi anan´s son) where they trade food for oil in iraq!! Damn, so are they also oil-gready fuckers? I dont want to sound like a conspiracy-theory dude, but this looks very shady too..

I preffer donating to ´smaller´ groups

and about this downloading business.. Yes I download too, obviously.. but who cares? I got a lot of people into trance who now support the music, I go to shitloads of festivals where my favourite artists play, and I buy quite a lot of cds imo (as much as possible with fucked up brazillian taxes), progressive and ambient/dub..

the problem, imo, is if you have money and availability of buying cds, but you never do, and you dont go to parties, and you are involved in ´I just downloaded the latest killah´ bullshit

You guys..... you are all just precious... :lol:

This thread has been more fun than going to the movies. Provocative, heart-warming and a THUMPING good laugh!

My hats goes of for inthebigblue for apologizing. And i also tip my hats for the numerous, cool-headed counter-arguments and hilarious comebacks. None mentioned and none forgotten. :rolleyes:

Let's all play nice and enjoy what short time we have in this fantastic Life of ours. I'm gonna go listen to some Hallucinogen :)

Peace and Love to all sentient species

PS: I'm buying the aid-comp, too ;)

..ok dumb question guys.....where could i pre order the Tsunami Cd from? also where could i pre order the Unusual suspects 2 cd? sorry, i dont be-a taken much atten-shun like  :blink:

216050[/snapback]

Hey Ov3rdos3 :) this is where im gettin my shit from-

www.chaosunlimited.co.uk

just put in your details in the pre-order thingy and they'll send you an email when the time comes - no payment is needed yet.

They also deliver abroad :D

x

I've pre-ordered the CD now.

I totally understand what EP sais. About a month ago or something there allready was an interview with one of the directors from a help organisation (in the Swiss press or/and in the radio, can't remember exactly). He said that people should stop donate money to the tsunami victims. At the moment they have enough money for the first aid and because people are donating that much they will not donate to other projects like for the people in Africa.

I sure would also buy a comp for Africa (if there are some songs on it I like) or another project that's not getting as much attention as the tsunami victims. I really think this is a great idea!