Are you going to buy the Tsunami Aid comp?

Cinos

Are you going to buy the Tsunami Aid comp?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy the Tsunami Aid comp?

• Yes.
    • No.

Are you going to buy the Tsunami Aid comp? You could also say something beginning with "Because" to flesh out the yes/no a bit more.

Yes. IF it's avaible at psyshop in not-too-distant future BECAUSE the money goes to charity and it might become a collector's item.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing the haven't decided yet option...

213974[/snapback]

No, no. It's either yes or no. If you haven't decided, there's really no reason to vote. It's like in elections. Blank votes are useless. ;)

oh wait, I see there was a tracklist after all... well... 11 unreleased tracks out of 31 tracks on the album... and basically all the "unreleased" tracks are just remixes of already released ones (and usually in the psy scene 9 out of 10 remixes are pure crap...). On the other hand, it's for the good cause... wel, I'll think it over for a few more days and then I'll decide...

nope.. too much full on and too much already released tracks...

better to give help in other ways imho

Absolutely Not.

First of all because i've already donated a large amount. :)

Second of all: The tracklist is boring. Too much boring full-on and mediocre ambient :angry:

I've heard it all before and i have most of them already. Why bother? I know it's for a good cause but really: there are so many better tracks out there than this. I was hoping for a good compilation but sadly, the people behind this CD and I don't seem to agree on what is good. But that's a matter of taste. This is "spaceship of the imagination" all over again: It's a great cd if you don't have the original releases. But since I already have most of them and the tracks are rather boring I have NO musical reason to buy this at all <_<

And third: I'm out of money :P

The tracklist looks nice (I like full-on), I don't have most of the tracks so I don't see a reason not to buy it.

What I dont get is that they failed misserably to add some progressive artists to the CD. When confronted they say that they think the artists they picked will sell most. They say these artists are the biggest in the World.. Yes in Full On but why not have made a 3 x CD with ambient, Full On / Psy and Progresssive. One CD each!

No one would expect them to make a progresive house CD but come on now... Where are the big names in Progressive Trance ?

I strongly believe such a CD would have sold 40-50% more than the CD they are releasing. They themselves say it's all about geting as much cash!!! So why not close their eyes to personal taste and go for the whole package?

And when they are critisised they put up a face as if we are spitting at the victims themselves. Is it so Tabu that no critisism are allowed? I don't think so! Chris Organic did a great job but have a very hard time accepting any critisism at all.. ;)

More unreleased tracks would also have been nice. They admit that many artists offered them unreleased tracks but they were not "big" enough stars to make the cut.. I would personally would like to know the names of those artists. I am pretty sure there were some very well-known artists among those names. But hey keep your friends happy and add them to the compilation ;) That's the impression I get when I see the line-up.. All friends of Chris Organic & Co...

Why not just admit that the people behind this compilation know a lot about Full On and Ambient but got no clue about what goes on in the Progressive Scene ;)

Ok enough ranting from me.. They DID work a lot to make this CD happen... It's just a shame they refused to allow a whole very successful genre in the scene to participate!

I would personally would like to know the names of those artists. I am pretty sure there were some very well-known artists among those names.

why don't you make your own money-raising progressive comp EP? There's room for more than one you know...

why don't you make your own money-raising progressive comp EP? There's room for more than one you know...

214152[/snapback]

I am actually thinking about it. But it won't be for the Tsunami.. Thats so overhyped and frankly there's so many other causes to help these days. And the Aid Organisations ask people NOT to send more money and instead help other causes.

But I am not sure if I am the best to do such a compilation. I got no experience in how to do it. I am an artist not a label. But we'll see. But if I do I'll for sure release something with music for everybody - and new tracks!

What strikes me most is that when somebody in our so called "plur" scene, decides to put together a benefitalbum for a good cause, and that the poll till now points out 16 of the 26 voters won't buy it...(how hypocritical must that look to the outside world?) I mean, come on. You can be critical or have your thoughts about it, but this almost seems like it is cool to not buy it because it's not the REAL thing or something. edit: no, wait, it's a hype to dislike it ;)

I call it the "Psynews-desease"

;)

No offence,

my 2 cents.

:P

How about "Save the Trance", artists donate tracks to be released and people buy to support the good cause of actually being able to release music to people without the label owner losing his shirt and living out of a cardboard box. Cool, huh? I tell you, it would be KILLLLEEERRRR.

What strikes me most is that when somebody in our so called "plur" scene, decides to put together a benefitalbum for a good cause, and that the poll till now points out 16 of the 26 voters won't buy it...(how hypocritical must that look to the outside world?)

214165[/snapback]

There are several reasons why people may choose not to buy this release besides the full on tracklist, and that's what makes this poll so useless; it's bipolar, and peoples motives are not.

I could elaborate, but i'm totally with EP's explaination! :) Right words at the right place.. some diversity on such a release wouldn't harm anyone (even though I'm not a progressive fan, it should be on such a release to get a bigger audience).

yes.good comp.

i only hope that the money will go just for that.all the money. :ph34r:

214248[/snapback]

Absolutely no need for me to reply to anything else other than this one .....

EVERY single cent made from this will be going to the appeal. Everything has been donated from the tracks to the commission free distribution. The only cost we have to cover before we reach profit will be cost of materials /manufacturing /printing..

after that it will all go !

Please do not think for a minute we are makign a cent off this.

For the rest of you , we are sorry we cannot please you , but we cant please everyone.. please just be supportive.. :(

I said yes . I know people have said no becuse they have already gave thats cool

but I am buying it cause it looks like a preety good line up and will be intresting what it sounds like in the end, it could also be a cd to put in your meny of memories box.