dark horror psy

fleshbag

~ deviant species - spiritual beings in fluoro shirts ~

guys think before u say that psychotic micro stuff is "dark" trance...nahhhhh...i think its a little bit harshy "skazi" tunes with samples from horror movies and the classic break in the middle of the track...

213671[/snapback]

Agree on that eitheir!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Para Halu is pretty dark. Also, Grapes of Wrath (GOW), Dronebixie, Derango, Jellyheadz, Datakult (resonantearth.com), Penta, and others.

Tim Schuldt, 3 Point Turn, Ominus, Cydonia, Darshan, and others made some pretty dark music in the past.

though dark psytrance isn't nearly as dark as, say, goth or industrial music.

I usually go for The Delta when I want Dark music.... "Thing" does it for me every time "shivers"  :ph34r:

213689[/snapback]

Yeah... that is always a good one to start with. It is as dark as they come. Careful, tho... it gets inside your head and makes it a VERY scary place to be. Speaking of Delta, Pop is not bad either (well, it IS - scary). :(

Other tracks along that line include: Haldolium - Nega.tif, Infected Mushroom - Release Me, Hallucinogen - Thugs in Tye-Dye. :unsure:

Someone else mentioned Hujaboy... Good one, too, especially The Day and Flake. :blink:

super ninja smilie power 100% :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

213761[/snapback]

its not Ninja's man! It's smileys that are "affraid" .. They represent fear :ph34r:

But I agree, they look like Ninja's (that are affreid, hehe)

Try Juno Reactor - Lu.ci-ana if you wanna get alittle bit scared. It's one ambient/drone track that lasts for 60 minutes. As someone smart here said earlier, if you want "scary" music you should fgo for Ambient music. Nothing is scarier then dark twisted ambient music :ph34r:

you should try the Kemic-Al album called 'twisted parameters' wich was just released on butterfly records

this is where u can see the difference between dark psy and horror psy

this is horror psy

it comes pretty close to THE xenomorph

and jea off course :P zik i luv s.l.x.c.m.a.

any of you greek people know what it stands for? just the words for the letters should do it :)

I too once asked and posted about the most dark stuff (thats not just dark tone) but evil, crazy, horror music too... because so many albums are "dark" and "dark" has become so easy to generalize. i.e: night music, scary or just sounding not uplifting or happy, etc... but I think I posted some great artists for the type of stuff you like or are interested in...

Velvit Acid Christ - Fun With Knives... - Oh Hell YES!!! This is Evil, dark, Crazy, DARK, with crazy samples ... trance with psytrance and goa inspirations and influences...!!! It says so in his cover that he was inspired by X-Dream, Juno, AP, and several other great artists!

Xenomorph is also aruably the best ... for dark, horror, EVIL psytrance...

and Sandman - Witchcraft is like a fucking cult-classic masterpiece! Great evil-dark, catchy melodies!

There is No Tomorrow Comp... [best dark, evil tone, in that style] comp I've ever heard!

Scatterbrain has parts that are pretty dark, but not really that evil, just wild, crazy great!

Dark Soho - Don't even bother with their new album, its crap and not dark at all ... but their first two albums are great dark-horror psytrance, some of the best ... but not twisted evil-dark stuff like Xenomorph.

Some thread in the review forums recently went up about an album that some posters said was really dark and insane... its called Xatrik I think... but I did sample it at saiko soudns, it sounds cool and its really dark but not more dark or evil than some of the other stuff out there already mentioned on this thread... still, check it out I suppose if you want.

I personally find Psychotic Mocro, Ka-Sol and Dark Nebula boring when it comes to most tracks... Dark Nebula's main albums just seem so weak and uninteresting, when compared to their better singles on several comps..

Agree on that!

Zik is the only dark artist wich i fell trully respect, because when i wanna hear some dark stuff i wanna stuff like he produces not those lame dark full on. )

213668[/snapback]

Yeah, where is this stuff available to listen to and order? Its not on psyshop...

IMHO Dark Psy artist

Bug Funk

Savage Scream

Galaxy of Madnes

Kindzadza

Osom

FReaking

Parasense

TErminator

Red

Fungus Funk

Iggy Audio

Sungirl

psyfactor

Zik

Matutero

Horror Place

Adrenal Glands

Scorb

Blisargon Demogorgon

Silent Horror

Parahalu

Pondscum

Multi Evil

Kulu

Highko

FRactal cowboyz

Quasar

Ghreg on earth

Vector Selector

Phobium

Derango

Kasol

Electrypnose

and lots more

IMHO Dark Psy artist

Bug Funk

Savage Scream

Galaxy of Madnes

Kindzadza

Osom

FReaking

Parasense

TErminator

Red

Fungus Funk

Iggy Audio

Sungirl

psyfactor

Zik

Matutero

Horror Place

Adrenal Glands

Scorb

Blisargon Demogorgon

Silent Horror

Parahalu

Pondscum

Multi Evil

Kulu

Highko

FRactal cowboyz

Quasar

Ghreg on earth

Vector Selector

Phobium

Derango

Kasol

Electrypnose

and lots more

213968[/snapback]

What a list! I guess that fleshbag doesnt need our help anymore.....

Highlights to Adrenal glands wich is also another project from Zik.

"Yeah, where is this stuff available to listen to and order? Its not on psyshop..."

Zik doent have anything released anywhere, so to find out about his work you have to dowload, at least for now there is no other way, but soon i guess he will release an album of Horror Place.

• 3 weeks later...

Kemic Al

Claw

Savage Madness

Kerosene Club

and the list goes on

I am so glad that I am not into dark horror psy cause these lists are neverending, like hundreds of new 'fresh' artists are popping every day, probably making redefnitions of non sense. I'll stick to my juicy, groovy, bouncey, melodic, crazy, demented psykadelia...

"Velvit Acid Christ"

velvit acid christ is girly goth music. Check out allied vision - man must be overcome or imminent starvation - nord.

Nord to me is what the one person left on earth after a nuclear holocaust would make for themselves to keep from going mad.

or try some virtually anything by Coil.

"The only group I've heard on disc whose records I've taken off because they made my bowels churn."

Clive Barker on Coil