I have found the Yeti

banjankri

Hey everybody.

I just felt the need to share a beautiful experience with you. I recently obtained Mystery of the Yeti 2 and today i set out into the snow on the last league of my journey in search of the Yeti and a meaningful moment. It was a profound sense of happiness and I can't say this enough: This cd is beautiful! To all of you who have not yet bought this cd and are having doubts whether or not to buy it: For the love of all that is holy, good and ambient - DO IT. This is music when it's best. What an amazing collection of ambient bliss. :D

'Twas nightfall when the snow fell across the city. I geared up and set out into the blizzard with my discman and began listening to Yeti part 2. I entered the dark wood as the snow fell thicker and thicker and darkness took me. I strayed out of thought, out of darkness, out of mind to the soft tones of Process' "Under mount Kailash". :)

As i went on into the forest, I suddenly saw a white-clad shaman beside me. And as i began to feel the howling wind and the gnawing cold, he told me about the Yeti, the amanammenammenal snowman and that that he was in fact not of this world. Neither animal nor pre-human being, but actually one of the Shaman's gods, his real name is "Banjankri" which means "the shaman of the forest". Furthermore, he told me to go in trance and then i would find the Yeti easily. And so i did. I also remembered to put some alcohol in front of the forest as he told me to. I came upon a crossroad when i heard a snarling, growling sound behind me. I became anxious, turned around and looked. But all i could see was darkness and there was nothing out there except the howling wind and the naked trees. After about half an hour I became weary and exhausted and lied down in the snow. Then suddenly... it happened and I found myself freefalling upwards towards the dark night sky and the snow completely enveloped me.

As i fell awake, i found myself lying in the snow again. Weary and cold i decided to head home, without having found the Yeti. My legs began to quit on me and my hands were numb from the cold. As i walked home, I heard a voice behind me, out there in the snow and the darkness. I looked behind me but no one was there. But then, suddenly... there he was... right in front of me. The white effigy and the shimmering sparks heralded the presence of the Yeti. And he spoke to me. His voice was soft and soothing and incredibly mesmerizing. He told me about the abominable snowman.... uncaught.... unspecified.... but not unhonoured. :blink:

And for a moment i completely forgot the blizzard and felt a big wide smile on my face. I paid my hommage to the yeti and thanked him for this profound life-experience. And then he disappeared out into the darkness.

Never had i felt such profound joy and decided to head home. Content that the Yeti is out there, and that my quest had brought me to this experience. :)

I found the Yeti.....

Did you? ;)

"I ask him why he has dreadlocks all over... and he sayss--s-a-dk-sd-fa-d-fss- dreadlocks all over."

I love that sample. The herb garden is the best track on the CD.

yes and he uhm, the Ban Jankri uhm, the (...) man or the, the (...) shaman, the forest shaman, he wears a skin of, uhm... (jibberish) this mushroom!

Have you heard "Yeti" numba 1 banjankri? If not you should. Its not as good as Yeti 2, but it is good indeed. very old school. :)

There is also a very plesent story in the folder of Yeti 1.. Telling about the Yeti ..

"I ask him why he has dreadlocks all over... and he sayss--s-a-dk-sd-fa-d-fss- dreadlocks all over."

I love that sample. The herb garden is the best track on the CD.

213348[/snapback]

yeah, its an excellent track "he has one dreadlock, thats in honour of shiva"

very good track. one of my favorite shpongle tracks ever (IMO)

Hey everybody.

I just felt the need to share a beautiful experience with you. I recently obtained Mystery of the Yeti 2 and today i set out into the snow on the last league of my journey in search of the Yeti and a meaningful moment. It was a profound sense of happiness and I can't say this enough: This cd is beautiful! To all of you who have not yet bought this cd and are having doubts whether or not to buy it: For the love of all that is holy, good and ambient - DO IT. This is music when it's best. What an amazing collection of ambient bliss.  :D

'Twas nightfall when the snow fell across the city. I geared up and set out into the blizzard with my discman and began listening to Yeti part 2. I entered the dark wood as the snow fell thicker and thicker and darkness took me. I strayed out of thought, out of darkness, out of mind to the soft tones of Process' "Under mount Kailash".  :)

As i went on into the forest, I suddenly saw a white-clad shaman beside me. And as i began to feel the howling wind and the gnawing cold, he told me about the Yeti, the amanammenammenal snowman and that that he was in fact not of this world. Neither animal nor pre-human being, but actually one of the Shaman's gods, his real name is "Banjankri" which means "the shaman of the forest". Furthermore, he told me to go in trance and then i would find the Yeti easily. And so i did. I also remembered to put some alcohol in front of the forest as he told me to. I came upon a crossroad when i heard a snarling, growling sound behind me. I became anxious, turned around and looked. But all i could see was darkness and there was nothing out there except the howling wind and the naked trees. After about half an hour I became weary and exhausted and lied down in the snow. Then suddenly... it happened and I found myself freefalling upwards towards the dark night sky and the snow completely enveloped me.

As i fell awake, i found myself lying in the snow again. Weary and cold i decided to head home, without having found the Yeti. My legs began to quit on me and my hands were numb from the cold. As i walked home, I heard a voice behind me, out there in the snow and the darkness. I looked behind me but no one was there. But then, suddenly... there he was... right in front of me. The white effigy and the shimmering sparks heralded the presence of the Yeti. And he spoke to me. His voice was soft and soothing and incredibly mesmerizing. He told me about the abominable snowman.... uncaught.... unspecified.... but not unhonoured.  :blink:

And for a moment i completely forgot the blizzard and felt a big wide smile on my face. I paid my hommage to the yeti and thanked him for this profound life-experience. And then he disappeared out into the darkness.

Never had i felt such profound joy and decided to head home. Content that the Yeti is out there, and that my quest had brought me to this experience.  :)

I found the Yeti.....

Did you?  ;)

213294[/snapback]

it awesome!!! i did listened to that album 1 and 2 and it is an unique experience , a very good album indeed. :D

yeah, its an excellent track "he has one dreadlock, thats in honour of shiva"

very good track. one of my favorite shpongle tracks ever (IMO)

213400[/snapback]

Even though it's Hallucinogen with Raja helping... not Shpongle. There's a big difference. :P

• 1 year later...

I recently bought both of these, I'm just getting around to playing them. Though they sound excellent.  :)

551771[/snapback]

The first one is just wonderful, have been listening to it for about three years now B)