Psy Trance Forums

Ormion

Are you member in another Psy Trance forum?

I know it's a bit off-topic but it's about the music here.

Here is my question:

If you are member in another forum do you see any difference with Psynews?

I used to visit Isratrance but not any more. I remember I made a topic about Indoor re-release and most people said:Who are they? or Awful...to old or No one can beat Astrix etc. WTF?

Also there lot of guys who believe that Filteria is euro trance and cheesy. WTF AGAIN???????

Anyway....

Is Psynews.org unique?

I'm not writing on any other psy-forum anymore...

Psynews is unique because it's like the "alternative" forum... Where Isratrance is all about hypes and popular music from the moment, Psynews is more about all kinds of trance (except full on it seems) altough I think some more progressive lovers would be welcome :)

Psynews surely is unique, but I hope there are more forums like this.

Actually, I wasn't a member of any psyforum, until I looked in here =) Sometimes, of course, I visited some of them searching for info about artists, releases, similar [x] artists, etc. This forum (community?) is what I need and it's interesting for me to be here. You can easily see the tendency on any other forum, and it is going full on Posted Image

I'd also want Psynews not to be the Anti-FullOn site (forum/community), but to be true goa site (forum/community). U feel the difference, don't you?

If U know any forums like this one - post here =)

I post on the Swedish site mandarin.nu quite often and I'm chief moderator on the goa/psy forum on a Swedish community site called lunarstorm.se. That site is mainly geared towards younger people though so I don't do mych else there than drop in to make sure noone is abusing "my" part of the forums. It's not specifically a music site so the discussions tend to be somewhat newbie-ish (i.e. "infected mushrooms are teh best EVAR!!11!") but it's a lot calmer now than a few years ago. I haven't banned anyone in well over a year I think.

Other than those... no. There was some UK forums I dove into for like a week or two but I got fed up really quickly. And yeah, isratrance is not for me either.

oh, I forgot - I sometimes also post in the forums on discogs.com but there are quite a few narrow-minded elitist house/techno pricks in there bashing anything even reminicent of trance, so it's fairly pointless from a goa/psy perspective.

Psynews is unique because it's like the "alternative" forum... Where Isratrance is all about hypes and popular music from the moment, Psynews is more about all kinds of trance (except full on it seems) altough I think some more progressive lovers would be welcome :)

212729[/snapback]

same here :)

I'd also want Psynews not to be the Anti-FullOn site (forum/community), but to be true goa site (forum/community). U feel the difference, don't you?

212730[/snapback]

im honest and i feel the difference a lot , this community is truly goa and open minded. :)

i like this one

nice international feeling.

and here you can say what you want

i like that...

thats openmindedness me says

I like the fact that a lot of psynews users have a great knowledge about goa... I've got the feeling that a lot of people actually know what they are talking about...

And the biggest mark : the old skool love that is still present here :)

212729[/snapback]

Yep, this is it. I like how this forum is brash and full of opinions. What good is a forum if it can't serve as a conflicted interplay of ideas (right or wrong!)... moreover, there is less restriction concerning subject matter, which gives this a much more 'well-rounded' feel. Speak your mind - maybe someone will step on it for you but at least you're not sent to the "free speech zone" behind ten meters of barbed wire, guarded by chumps in riot gear handing out 'off-topic' stamps. ;)

I used to run a forum then I realized how much it sucks to host a local community. All responsibility and it's a thankless and stressful task (particularly so in my case, because I am often of a dissenting mind about common issues in the trance world). I think all I accomplished in trying to help out the community here was to ensure that I would never be booked by any local psy promoter. I suppose I lack sufficient sparkle power or something.

I like the fact that a lot of psynews users have a great knowledge about goa... I've got the feeling that a lot of people actually know what they are talking about...

And the biggest mark : the old skool love that is still present here  :)

212744[/snapback]

That's exactly my view too. In here you can still discuss the good old goa producers and get meaningful replies unlike other places. That's why I don't see the need of posting in other psy forums. I still post occasionally on tranceaddict though (regular trance was where it began for me).

Where isratrance is about full-on and dark psy - with some progressive - this forum seems to be leaning toward goa. well, I like variety in my music, so i guess i'll write on both.

no other global psy forums, eh? what about chaishop - is that one still around?

also there's a US psy forum at www.psytrance.us

it's a bit slow, but it's picking up. lots of kids from the middle part of the country on there. check it out - all are welcome.

cheers.

I love this forum. I love old skool goa, and I'm just discovering it for the first time in my life! What I appreciate most is the 'maturity' on this board. I can come here and read interesting and intellectual discussions about goa/psy and know that anytime I leave a serious questions that I receive helpful and courteous responses.

Also, since I'm not part of any psy community and don't know any other people who listen to goa/psy it's a great way for me to feel a bit connected.

The only problem now is that over the years I have spent so much time collecting mainstream trance and have hundreds of albums of Eurotrance, progressive house, dream trance, progressive trance, etc. Now that I've gotten a taste of psy I can't go back to listen to those much anymore! I find them too boring!!!!

Psy/Goa tweaks with my mind in such amazing ways. Once a week I go to visit my family who lives about an hour away. I select two albums (one for the drive out and one for the return) and during that hour long drive I have the most fantastic mind trips as I listen to this incredible music!

www.australiens.net I go to mainly to find out about events and stuff. I find more interesting topics on psynews.

Recently signed up for Isratrance. It seems ok, but still prefer psynews.

I mainly use isratrance – much more activity than here (which is both good an bad), and, if you manage to avoid the worst “kiiiiiiillaaaaah” threads, there’s a good bunch of interesting topics. Then there’s of course psynews.org, and a couple of Danish communities like trancetunnel.dk and electrobeat.dk.

The only problem now is that over the years I have spent so much time collecting mainstream trance and have hundreds of albums of Eurotrance, progressive house, dream trance, progressive trance, etc.  Now that I've gotten a taste of psy I can't go back to listen to those much anymore!  I find them too boring!!!!

212784[/snapback]

Give 'em to me! You know you want to... ;)

I still listen to normal trance.

Psynews was always my first love... Hooray on the five year anniversary btw... I've been here almost from the start... Through good and bad times... =D

I also spend alot of times @ Isratrance - I like how it balances out psynews... What you cant get here, you can get there - and vica verse... I also post once in a while @ Psy-forum.co.uk and sonicblend.com... Par-2, discogs.com and trance.net I use solely for posting my reviews...

DeathPosture

I like psynews, and its the first page I open when I come to the internet =)

Its good because of the nice people, varied opinions and discussions.. In the general topics, I find many nice recomendations of my taste, and people who enjoy the same (dub/chill and prog stuff).. Plus, the off-topic here is really important, and where you occasionally get some good laughs, or get to know some nice people more in depth

I post on isratrance too, but much less than here... The big advantage there is that you are speaking to many artists, and also because it is so big, you can find a lot of information if you know what you are looking for... it sucks to browse through, though, and its ugly =) The worse part, though, is how it is heavily moderated, full of small rules, with a lot of rude people with big egos who have no patience to answer you, and are always waiting for the oportunity to tell how big their *´cd collection´(*dick) is....

but, if you ignore those just as you ignore the ´killah´ comments, its not bad =)

i guess what i like best about this forum. is its actually full of people who know their talking about. and if you ask a question. you will hardly ever get flamed for being stupid or something. they will just give you their honest opinion. also i love the Off-topic section. where we can all just talk about ANYTHING really. which is cool. and except for a few "E"gotistical "P"eople, most people here are really cool.

I also find this forum a good spot for sharing anything that is on top of your head. I like people here, I like us being ultimate freaks and it can be seen from endless discussions, arguments, agreements...I like it cause a lot of artists are coming here too, checking it out, being with us. I was searching for some similar sites, there are good ones, but I didn't find the site that is professional at the same time as childish and crazy...;)