Newbie here saying hello

likwid

i sure am glad I found this site..a lot of great information and lively discussion about the psy scene and the music. Been to listening and worshipping the psy gods for about 3 years now so I really don't know the 'old school' goa many of you folks reminisce about. The artists I enjoy seem to fall into the 'full on' category that many of you seem to depise or ignore. I didn't know about the various psy sub-genres til i got here..and now, i'm a bit confused. However, I'm glad i now have an avenue to take in more and more info on what I feel is the vehicle through which the 'spiritual matrix' flows....PSY! peace

Peace and Welcome.

Goa,Full on or Dark are details,we all love psychedelic music.If you want to explore psychedelic electronica,there are some people here with a huge db of info in their heads.

212644[/snapback]

yeah, between most people here. i think everything there is to know about psy can be found here. i get the feeling progressive (or psygressive) is the most popular at the moment. full-on is ok. you get some pretty wicked full-on stuff. but if your at a party, i wouldnt want to hear full on the whole night. would kill your brain quickly.

yeah, between most people here. i think everything there is to know about  psy can be found here. i get the feeling progressive (or psygressive) is the most popular at the moment. full-on is ok. you get some pretty wicked full-on stuff. but if your at a party, i wouldnt want to hear full on the whole night. would kill your brain quickly.

212646[/snapback]

Thanks for the welcome, Gnome

and to Overdose....

would Freq's recent CD, Strange Attractors be in the psygressive genre? That CD is near perfect and a nice break from the usual stuff I listen to. I only wish they played any type of psy(let alone full on) all night where i am..the psy scene here is nearly non-existent..i know of 1 local DJ who spins psy...and for one hour on an early saturday morning each week. About 5 of us happily dance when he steps up to the decks as the rest of the crowd scatter, frustrated that their breaks, hard house and DnB were sent on a short hiatus...

Thanks for the welcome, Gnone and to Overdose....

would freq's recent CD, Strange Attractors be in the psygressive genre? I only wish they played any type of psy(let alone full on) all night where i am..the psy scene here is at nearly non-existent..i know of 1 local DJ who spins psy...and for one hour on an early saturday morning each week. About 5 of us happily dance when he steps up to the decks as the rest of the crowd scatter, frustrated that their breaks, hard house and DnB were sent on a short hiatus...

212649[/snapback]

poor u :P

yeah, Freq is very very good. i really like that cd. i like that sort of trance. you should hear VA / Beaches and Cream - Dragonfly records. also very good. that sucks that you get no psy. or maybe there is a psyscene but its pretty well hidden. i didnt know there was a scene in SA until i walked into my first underground psy party. they are everywhere. you just need to look for them. your not gonna find it at a hardhouse party dude.

Beware, psynews isn't the place it might seem to be! The pseudo-hippy mentality does little to hinder the crossing of opinions which clash like swords on a battlefield!

Have fun! Hahaha

Don't worry, my asshole antics are but a show! Pay no attention to me :P

Beware, psynews isn't the place it might seem to be! The pseudo-hippy mentality does little to hinder the crossing of opinions which clash like swords on a battlefield!

Have fun! Hahaha

Don't worry, my asshole antics are but a show! Pay no attention to me :P

212765[/snapback]

haha..thanx for the warning , Hels..I will proceed with caution...

thanx to everyone else for the warm welcome...peace

yeah, Freq is very very good. i really like that cd. i like that sort of trance. you should hear  VA / Beaches and Cream - Dragonfly records. also very good. that sucks that you get no psy. or maybe there is a psyscene but its pretty well hidden. i didnt know there was a scene in SA until i walked into my first underground psy party. they are everywhere. you just need to look for them.  your not gonna find it at a hardhouse party dude.

212654[/snapback]

Yeah, I've been lookin pretty hard for psy parties but it's been looking bleak after a few years...will just have to wait for my next trip abroad to try to satiate my thirst for the stuff...(psy)

You don't want that Freq crap, throw on Scizoeffective by Delta or Classical Mushroom by Infected (or Radio by X-Dream)

I think this psygressive trend blows... IMO (that's In My Opinion thankyouverymuch)

Or go old-school and listen to Koxbox - Dragon Tales or even Astral Projection, if you like that sort of thing. Astral Projection is too sugary for me, kind of like eating packets of sugar while rolling on E

And stay the hell away from Skazi, Yahel, Alien Project, and just about any new release by an oldschool artist... (the new X-Dream, Infected), unless you're one of those... ravers... that likes happy hardcore and mainstream trance...

hope not ;)

You don't want that Freq crap, throw on Scizoeffective by Delta or Classical Mushroom by Infected (or Radio by X-Dream)

I think this psygressive trend blows... IMO (that's In My Opinion thankyouverymuch)

Or go old-school and listen to Koxbox - Dragon Tales or even Astral Projection, if you like that sort of thing.  Astral Projection is too sugary for me, kind of like eating packets of sugar while rolling on E

213903[/snapback]

I think FREq is great. Ofcourse Scizoeffective is great too, but that is another story.

I would recommend Koxbox - Forever After. It has some killers, but Iam afraid it is almost impossible to purchase these days :(

Take care

Or go old-school and listen to Koxbox - Dragon Tales or even Astral Projection, if you like that sort of thing.  Astral Projection is too sugary for me, kind of like eating packets of sugar while rolling on E

And stay the hell away from Skazi, Yahel, Alien Project, and just about any new release by an oldschool artist... (the new X-Dream, Infected), unless you're one of those... ravers... that likes happy hardcore and mainstream trance...

hope not  ;)

213903[/snapback]

I actually consider myself a '"raver" (though of an old school variety) that likes psy...

hope not  ;)

213903[/snapback]

Hey, I agree with you on most points! Although I like Yahel and some psyprog can be nice, but when I'm dancing I want full on psy all the way! ^_^

full-on is ok. you get some pretty wicked full-on stuff. but if your at a party, i wouldnt want to hear full on the whole night. would kill your brain quickly.

212646[/snapback]

Bah, wussy! :P Full-on psy is the best thing to dance to! B)

Bah, wussy! :P Full-on psy is the best thing to dance to! B)

214214[/snapback]

Well maybe in a way...but for me it´s a bit like, to full on my body dances but to the old stuff I truly let my spirit do the dance... :lol:

I like full on in the night time but when the sun goes up I want my Goa vibe :D

i think 99% of people here would disagree with you...

214335[/snapback]

Ok, I just realised what I mean with "full-on" psy maybe isn't the same what you people mean.

When I say full-on psy I mean fast, hard, pumpin psy. Anything from Delta to Electric Universe. Stuff I'm not too keen to dance to is the simpler, calmer psy. A Swedish example would be Artax.