Best-Worst Finnish artists

Ormion

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm a Finn and the usual problem I have with Finnish psy acts is the fucking!"¤"#¤#¤ idiotic track names and the overall mentality. I don't like that music is done like it was just a bad joke.

211624[/snapback]

Agree with you about music done like it was just a bad joke. Too much noise and idiotic samples going on in most of Finnish psy. The names are often stupid but sometimes funny, like "Pilluminati Cunt Roll". That was hilarious!

Those Swedish track (and artist) names are really funny IMO, better than most of the Finnish. Tripple Nipple, lol...

But to the original question, I don't like Finnish psy (except one or two tracks by Texas Faggot, Squaremeat, Haltya and the likes), so I would search the best artist in another genre. Rinneradio is great ambient/dub, Pan Sonic is great experimental and CMX is great progressive/hard rock.

Agree with you about music done like it was just a bad joke. Too much noise and idiotic samples going on in most of Finnish psy. The names are often stupid but sometimes funny, like "Pilluminati Cunt Roll". That was hilarious!

Those Swedish track (and artist) names are really funny IMO, better than most of the Finnish. Tripple Nipple, lol...

Yeah but Sweden also has tons and tons of extremely good artists making quality music. Couple of jokes here and there is ok, but sometimes it feels like Finns are embarassed to create music and try to hide it with this "it's just a joke" attitude.

Troll scientists are wort a listening in my opinion. Maybe some of you heard them last summer on Liquid elixir in Finland. Not the typical Finnish sound but still with a touch of it :D

My favourite Finns last year were Texas Faggott and Haltya.

Texas Faggott is worth mentioning because I did not enjoy their earlier output and was very pleasantly surprised with Pilluminati Cunt Roll.

Looking forward for some more Finnish craziness this year.

Pedro

PS But I do hope for a measure of restraint in some cases. Some of the Finnish tracks tend to degenerate into a soundboard wank-o-rama.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Finland (the land of sauna and polar bears) and therefore I knows better than yous guys.

There is not much good Finnish goatrance available in Finland. Mandalavandalz, Texas Faggot, Eraser vs. Yöjalka etc. are skanky losers with cheesy melodies and bass-dominated shite songs.

The only ones so far I've found worth listening are Squaremeat and Kiwa.

BTW:

Haltya isn't even goa!

Well I think we have some pretty good acts besides those you mentioned but that is ofcourse just my opinion. At home I don´t listen to much Finnish music except Torakka and Troll Scientists at the moment, but sometimes at Finnish Forest parties I find many of those typical Finnish acts spot on. For Me that is were I want My Finnish music served and Where I enjoy it... :lol:

I'm from Finland (the land of sauna and polar bears) and therefore I knows better than yous guys.

There is not much good Finnish goatrance available in Finland. Mandalavandalz, Texas Faggot, Eraser vs. Yöjalka etc. are skanky losers with cheesy melodies and bass-dominated shite songs.

The only ones so far I've found worth listening are Squaremeat and Kiwa.

BTW:

Haltya isn't even goa!

214359[/snapback]

Are there polar bears in Finland? I don't think so :D

And yeah...Haltya isn't goa that's for sure :) ...and neither are any other finnish acts (that I've heard of... :) ) They do this totally maksaporkkanastroganoffi pullavanukas perunamuhennos janssoninkiusaus ja maitoa päälle spugedelik psai...and they do it good so can't complain ;)

There's too many good ones... but if I had to say who is the best... then it would have to be Huopatossu Mononen/Egosentrifug, followed closely by Texas Faggott/Mandalavandalz... Then there's some who are mostly average but every once in a while surprise with amazing tracks, like La Calamar and Salakavala. Also Cosmic Storm Cloud is very nice un-suomisaundi but still Finnish.

I still need to listen to those Troll Scientists...

I still need to listen to those Troll Scientists...

214465[/snapback]

Surf to www.mikseri.net/trollscienz

Free and legal.

Texas Faggot is Mandalavandalz, Yakari Gear and Flying Scorpions. Just so you know...

more free music: www.antiscarp.tk

Why don´t we hear of Norweigan music that often? All I´ve heard is Trolld(?) wich is fuckin brilliant. MORE please!?

Surf to www.mikseri.net/trollscienz

Free and legal.

Texas Faggot is Mandalavandalz, Yakari Gear and Flying Scorpions. Just so you know...

more free music: www.antiscarp.tk

Why don´t we hear of Norweigan music that often? All I´ve heard is Trolld(?) wich is fuckin brilliant. MORE please!?

215131[/snapback]

Yo Staffan.

Divinorum is Norwegian, He makes goa with a Amiga500

kicks ass.

215131[/snapback]

..::::OffTopic::::..

Here's a list over the psytrance/Goa acts from Norway..

- Trold

- Phase Phour

- Ra

- Dimension 5 (Musicians from England and Norway)

- Homegrown Lifeform

- Divinorum

Oh and here's a compilation, don't know if Divinorium is the only Norwegian act? --> Click me!

If i forgot someone, please add them to my list::::.

Oh and here's a compilation, don't know if Divinorium is the only Norwegian act? --> 

215186[/snapback]

Ah!!!I forgot about this comp...Great one!Ka SoL track is......mmmmm cant find the words to describe!!!

And yeah i like to be off topic

QUOTE(kriz aka krize @ Jan 3Late:

Who is this Divinorum guy, more info please :)

(im an amiga user aswell :))1 2005, 10:11 PM)

psytones: pleae add: my good friends in the psy project "Heggma" ..also from Norway, full power style :)

215417[/snapback]

Divinorum

Well, is heggma a released artist? I can't find a compilation with his name on it.

215131[/snapback]

Yeah I know which is why I put them together ;)

I've been following antiscarp releases for a year now and everything they release is good, but still needs a bit more evolution.