What does a Psy Trance party need?

mushroom baby

With psy trance music already there, what else would you include for a psy trance party that is essential to you  

69 members have voted

1. 1. With psy trance music already there, what else would you include for a psy trance party that is essential to you

• Drugs, hallucinogens.. ect
    • U.V backdrops, displays
    • Freindly psy trancers
    • beautiful scenery, in the woods, quarry...
    • Loud sound system
    • Big Crowd of people
    • Plenty of Alcahol
    • Free party

one day you'll be at a party and not take drugs for whatever reason....

believe it or not, that has already happened :) But like I said, even if I personally don't take some at a party, I enjoy the "contact high" from others...

And I can't believe so many people voted for the "freindly psy trancers" thing... don't you know that 90% of those "freindly psy trancers" wouldn't be so friendly if they weren't high??? Don't mean to advocate drug usage but don't get cause and effect mixed up or you might end up walking away with a distorted impression...

yes .. cause and effect

psy & psychedelic(a) ... do you see the connection?

i'm sure lot's of people who used to drug-trip at parties

are following a rather political way nowadays .... at least the posts lead to this conclusion.

i'm also convienced that there are lots of people who never took psychedelic(a) and have alot fun with goa/psy music.

in 1995-1998 i was at several goa-parties.

and lsd-trips and similar drugs were a visible core of the party community.

ok .. back to the topic;

"What does a Psy Trance party need?"

if the question was "what does a goa party need?"

i would say ... happy people, strange location and unusual weird and some kind of emotional sick but very sympathic sound.

... but psytrance party ... well ... it's always loud therefore

it must be the music that counts most!

I think a real psytrance party would have just about all the above. You can't really vote on just one as you need more than one I'd think. You obviously need the psytrance music, friendly people, loud sound system, (I'd think) the unique, exotic out-doors environment, maybe displays (thats a maybe if you're out doors I'd think) and of course freedom ... and I always thought that shrooms, hallucinogens, ecstasy, and weed are available at one. It seems that when people are high on weed, on a trip, or rolling on E, they're never violent, ever, and they're actually quite pleasent to be around. Regardless, its all about having a good time, the energy and experience, with or without drugs.

I live in the US where we don't have REAL psytrance parties. I've been to many clubs and Psytrance/Goa is my favorite music, and I'd like to go to one when I go to Europe. I'd like to go to one that takes place in a beautiful or cool, outdoor environment (Dark Forest; Beach, Corn Fields, on top of a mountain, Castle, Quary, etc...) as OPPOSED to a psytrance party indoors, or "psytrance night" in some club with walls, floors, a DJ or two, etc... is there that much of a difference? The outdoor ones seem to have more freedom. they sound more intriging to me.

Since clubs are usually restricted to drugs (unless you come high or simply sneak them in) ... How do you know where to go, in order to go to the really special, wild, outdoors in beautiful environments ones? Is it by word-of-mouth like with certain underground clubs? Is there another way? I've always found interest in going to some cool out doors psytrance party in a super-cool environment with NO restrictions, to have fun and experience something different, and the opportunity and freedom to see and do whatever sounds nice, as long as you only add to the positive vibes and energy. Where, how does one find these unique psytrance party places?. Is it actually that easy to know where to go to for a real psytrance party? Is it like an actual rave where its all word-of-mouth?, or is it more open and accessible to just about any person into psytrance?

I need deco!

Without blacklight and great deco the party isn't that good for me.

The location is less important, because you can turn the place where the party is into anything with good decoration. And I'm not talking of blacklight blankets on the walls alone! I was once on a party in a club where the chill area was in the basement and those deco teams were so witty to turn the basement into a fucking beautiful CAVE! So basically I wasn't in a basement, I was in a cave ... therefore it's already a different setting :)

I also love sculptures ... once they had mushroom sculptures everywhere ... it was so cool, like if I was in a forest searching for psychoactive herbs :)

Once they had such peculiar blankets hanging in the club that looked like if they were windows and you could see outside through them and the club was thus turned into a strange alien structure, built on an island and you could see the green ocean through the windows ... this was cool too :)

I just love the deco :wub: ... I once saw such a beautiful painting I gazed at it for a FULL FUCKING HOUR, because it was so detailed and nice and beautiful and big, showing first a city behind waterfalls and stretching over more waterfalls and stuff until to the bank of the great river where the forest began and it went on into the forest and there were such nice little creatures everywhere and elves and trolls and sorcerers and fairies and it was so beautiful and detailed and so nice I completely forgot to see the other paintings hanging there ... it was just incredible :wub:

Deco, deco, deco!

And a fucking great sound.

And nice people.

And good DJs/liveacts!

THAT's a great party :)

I go for all choices cause they are all important for full xperience, but if I wanted to be fussy, I'd choose Drugs, Loud Soundsystem and friendly trancers, best combination, and of course, good music, without good music nothing is worth...;)

And champagne electrickery?  yuck, that stuff turns my stomach, I can barely stomach one glass on new years heh... Now vodka, rum & gin on the other hand, and don't forget the beer & ganj!

211478[/snapback]

Love the champaigne bubbles... enhances everything nicely in the morning sun :)

And I can't believe so many people voted for the "freindly psy trancers" thing... don't you know that 90% of those "freindly psy trancers" wouldn't be so friendly if they weren't high??? Don't mean to advocate drug usage but don't get cause and effect mixed up or you might end up walking away with a distorted impression...

211657[/snapback]

Hmmm... I think i meant beyond the random chatting to strangers while out of it. And beyond the "Ohhhh my goood I LOVE YOU!!!! random hugs... which frankly are incredibly irritating when you just know that person wont have any idea who you are in a few hours. B)

To me friendly psytrancers refers to times when not on drugs, when meeting people in the food tents, at the market stalls, at the river, beside the dancer floor as well as while dancing.

Too me friendliness is not so much drug induced, but an openess to those around you before, during and after a drug experience. In may clubs for example the same drugs may be taken but the vibe wont be as friendly, or even at some psyparties or festivals where an sttitude of having to be "cool" can exist.

Thats what i was thinking when i voted anyhows :)

I would choose everyone but if i have to priorizate the order would be:

1º- good music

2º- extremely loud soundsytem (i'm quite deaf :D )

3º- TONS of alcohol. In my country a party without alcohol isn't a party, is a meeting ;)

4º- friendly people

Drugs, deco, nice place, displays, vj's, etc are bonus, but are important too.

Hey Amithaba Buddha,

I was checking out the Suntrip Records site and your profiles, like you, Jannis, etc, to get a more general idea about yo'all. Do you have an album out or coming out called Amithaba Buddha? I'd be really curious to hear some of your work if you release an album or have already released an album. I enjoyed Filteria's album lots and was curious about your status with albums, songs, etc...

thanks

Hey Amithaba Buddha,

I was checking out the Suntrip Records site and your profiles, like you, Jannis, etc, to get a more general idea about yo'all. Do you have an album out or coming out called Amithaba Buddha? I'd be really curious to hear some of your work if you release an album or have already released an album. I enjoyed Filteria's album lots and was curious about your status with albums, songs, etc...

thanks

211940[/snapback]

hello Jon ,

i dont have nothing released for now but you can get these unreleased promos

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22081 hoping for a rewiew or some comment (even it is bad) . cheers.

You can have party without decorations

without (nice)people

without a nice scenery

without drugs

without alcohol

but NOT without a good sound system.

IMO that is ;)

I can see myself dancing in the rain on the street surrounded by 2 gangs and stepping in dogshit, if only, I have my good soundsystem ;)

• 2 weeks later...

...man, I don't even LIKE hippies. Too many of them do drugs, look skanky with their goddamn rastas (leave dreadlocks to the Jamaican's!) and waste their lives and produce nothing.

The scenery is what makes it for me.

...man, I don't even LIKE hippies. Too many of them do drugs, look skanky with their goddamn rastas (leave dreadlocks to the Jamaican's!) and waste their lives and produce nothing.

The scenery is what makes it for me.

214357[/snapback]

Sorry have to totaly disagree with you on that one hippies is not people taht have dreadlocks ,,, waste there lives ect ect .. hippy is all about the attitude free spirt and friendly to one another that makes us have the great psy culture we have..

Another thing what would a party be like in the bush with men in hugo boss suits girls in high heels in the dirt ... dont think we will ever see thm stomping think about that...

AND BELIVE IT IT OR NOT MAJORITY OF PEOPLE TAKE DRUGS HIPPES OR NOT!!!!!! :o