What does a Psy Trance party need?

mushroom baby

With psy trance music already there, what else would you include for a psy trance party that is essential to you  

69 members have voted

1. 1. With psy trance music already there, what else would you include for a psy trance party that is essential to you

• Drugs, hallucinogens.. ect
    • U.V backdrops, displays
    • Freindly psy trancers
    • beautiful scenery, in the woods, quarry...
    • Loud sound system
    • Big Crowd of people
    • Plenty of Alcahol
    • Free party

didn't you forget music?? :blink:

I go for the good (? I hope) music :) and the social aspect is important too... The rest is less important altough a good scenery and beautiful backdrops are great too :)

and I am against alcohol on parties (sorry)

didn't you forget music??  :blink:

I go for the good (? I hope) music :) and the social aspect is important too... The rest is less important altough a good scenery and beautiful backdrops are great too :)

and I am against alcohol on parties (sorry)

211328[/snapback]

And I am against drugs on parties! Really, why would you be against alcohol? I always drink at parties and I have always done. At most Swedish / Danish parties there has always been a lot of drinking going on, but that didnt make the parties more boring, or violent. The people that are annoying on parties that drink alcohol are mostly the ones that should not be there anyways (like people that never been to a party and just passed by).

Thing is that in the BeNeLux I have heard the same statement from so many people, and I think that is because PsyParties are seen as just ANY rave, and therefor you have people being disturbing coming there....

Well, I am for ANYTHING at ANY party, because I believe in the freedom of choise.

And I am against drugs on parties! Really, why would you be against alcohol? I always drink at parties and I have always done. At most Swedish / Danish parties there has always been a lot of drinking going on, but that didnt make the parties more boring, or violent. The people that are annoying on parties that drink alcohol are mostly the ones that should not be there anyways (like people that never been to a party and just passed by).

Thing is that in the BeNeLux I have heard the same statement from so many people, and I think that is because PsyParties are seen as just ANY rave, and therefor you have people being disturbing coming there....

Well, I am for ANYTHING at ANY party, because I believe in the freedom of choise.

211332[/snapback]

Agreed. It's the type of person they are not the alcohol they are drinking that causes the problem.

I always drink at parties and never been in any fights or anything. I may dance like a dickhead but that doesnt offend anyone does it?

And I am against drugs on parties! Really, why would you be against alcohol? I always drink at parties and I have always done. At most Swedish / Danish parties there has always been a lot of drinking going on, but that didnt make the parties more boring, or violent. The people that are annoying on parties that drink alcohol are mostly the ones that should not be there anyways (like people that never been to a party and just passed by)..

211332[/snapback]

Well, I am completely sober myself so it can be annoying when people are drunk, come and talk to you 50 times altough you told them to go away 49 times already... or when they are crawling of the dancefloor... And don't get me wrong, that's also for people that take too much mdma or something... it's always the same... You have 2 kind of people, people that can handle drugs/alcohol and the opposit... Well, I had to many probs with the opposit in the mean time ;) When you can handle it that's great, and then there is no problem :)

ps: I don't think we have an alcohol problem here on our parties, I have never seen so much drunk people as in Sweden this summer :P

I choosed 'friendly psytrances' as I don't have any friends that wants to go to parties as much as I want. Therefore I make friends at the parties :)

For the alcohol thing. I never drink before or during psytrance party. But when it's a "regular" party with my non-psy-friends I drink. Gotta love that vodka mixed with Fanta :D

Well, I am completely sober myself so it can be annoying when people are drunk, come and talk to you 50 times altough you told them to go away 49 times already... or when they are crawling of the dancefloor... And don't get me wrong, that's also for people that take too much mdma or something... it's always the same... You have 2 kind of people, people that can handle drugs/alcohol and the opposit... Well, I had to many probs with the opposit in the mean time ;) When you can handle it that's great, and then there is no problem :)

ps: I don't think we have an alcohol problem here on our parties, I have never seen so much drunk people as in Sweden this summer :P

211335[/snapback]

People on pills can be just as annoying.

hehe I know people won't like what I say but I went for the drugs (hallucinogens, definatley not cocain and shit)... for me a psy party isn't a psy party if there are no drugs. I mean, yes the nature good, decos are important, good music is important, friendly people are important... but if I'm not high (or people around me) then I can't help feeling that something's missing. I always get the mental image of some mad scientist in a lab who ads ingerdients over ingredients and everything's boiling and all and then suddenly he adds one little ingredient more and it all clicks together (IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S ALIVE!!! hehehe) Even if I don't take any, I like the "contact high" and seeing people's faces when high. Also it is the drugs that make people friendlier than usual instead of the "I don't know you so get the fuck out of my face!" attitude that prevails in clubs. It's so nice to be high and talk to another dude that's high too... Also, with the crap music that's being played ourdays at parties, how can you enjoy it otherwise???

sorry if I offended anyone with my remarks, keep in mind they're my personal opinions and everyone's entitled to their own :)

Havent offended me Lemmi. Its not even to do with opinions, its personal preferences. You prefer to have drugs at a party. Hey I did too, but i didnt need them to have a good time. Unfortunately my body cant handle drugs anymore, so i had to give them up. And im still having a great time at psy parties.

hard trance parties on teh other hand.... well I have to drink lots to enjoy those.

I didnt put psy trance in the poll because its a poll about psytrance parties,so take it as if the music is already there, whats the next most important thing you would add to the party?

Have got a good response with this poll and its good to see people appreciate things like scenery and aswel as drugs.

well i think that the scenery and soundsystem are the most important things, decor is a bonus...at the psy parties around here the atmosphere is buzzin', and the parties are set in amazing places like stunning quarrys and hidden forests ...and the best bit is...its all free!

Not keen on alcahol at parties, but i think it doesnt make people agressive as such, you would have to have violent tendencies to actually be violent in the frist place, alcahol and drugs might just emphasise this though

....i dont drink myslef but i dont mind people that do. Drugs arent important if the vibe is really good then you dont need them as much. :P

211335[/snapback]

But were the Swedes annoyingly drunk?! :)

you naughty boy, condemning alcohol........i saw you;), yes yes i did :D

personally i think that as long as u can handle the drug, and not bother anyone else, it's ok

and for some people it alcohol they should stay clear off, for others it's...well something else (i don't take drugs at parties)

for me the music counts the most, second the people (if it wasn't for them i wouldn't be goin to parties no mpore, i'd just be sitting here listening my music...) and third offcourse the location :rolleyes:

Aside from music.....Friendly psytrancers are my number one fall back position... if the decor, drugs, scenery, soudsystem etc are shit but the people around you are there to have a great time, the party will rock. All i need is the music, the soundsystem, the people........scenery, drugs, decor etc pffff :P

As for alcohol, nothing is better than a cold glass of champaigne or beer in the morning sun. Everything in its place and time.

Lemmi, i dont want to come accross as patronising but really... one day you'll be at a party and not take drugs for whatever reason.... have an awsome time and a whole new era will happen. ;)

I voted for the forest as dancing to psy in a forest (with a huge soundsystem, friendly, high-out-their-minds trancers, and lots of flouro) is the best setting for a good psy party in my opinion... I've been on parties on a beach but not psy parties (it was tech-house, which I dislike actually)

And champagne electrickery? yuck, that stuff turns my stomach, I can barely stomach one glass on new years heh... Now vodka, rum & gin on the other hand, and don't forget the beer & ganj!

The only time morning full-on is nice is when you've been up dancing all night and watch the sun rise as you're dancing... that is indescribable fun. I don't mind the music turning all happy-sappy then, it just goes with the vibe, man

:blink: As I said before, why do you people always have to make me choose..?

I would very much like to combine many of those options. Especially the drugs and party at the woods catagories ;) But I took a quick judgement and voted for drugs(psychedelic, because then I would of cource combine that with many of the other options. Wouldn't take hallucinogens at a "straight" party ;) And at my party everybody would be peaceful.. As I said, why do you have to make me choose? :)

@Empty Space - I would rater have beers and Whisky (at that order of cource :P)

@kriz aka krize & electrickery - My feelings exactly :)

Agreed. It's the type of person they are not the alcohol they are drinking that causes the problem.

I always drink at parties and never been in any fights or anything. I may dance like a dickhead but that doesnt offend anyone does it?

211333[/snapback]

For me partys in the bush with a nice river to jump and dance in ... heaps of cool people to dance arouind with good backdrops and wicked as music with the dj going off danincg like all the other people hes playing too that makes me smile.

and yes i also live to have a carlton draught when I am at the party theres no diffrence when most psy people drink to takeing drugs we dont get violent leave that for the inner city boyyyyyys. ;)