Melodic Progressive

Anoebis

Hello

I heard some great dj sets lately with very warm, smooth and melodic progressive trance with kicking basslines (no housy stuff), style Blue Vortex, old S-Range and Human Blue, Mandylion etc).

Well, I know about the Midijum label and some Y.S.E. releases in this style... Are there any more? Smashing basslines but warm smooth melodies on top :) (and nooo Spiral Trax please)

- SOUL SURFER : is 100% melodic progressive in my opinion...

- FREq : strange attractors

- the newest release of HALDOLIUM...

- Oryx - advanced retromodel

- sbk - borderline

- son kite - coulours

- The Higher Human Form - Neurohighways

I believe all progressive has changed into a slight melodic warm direction... progressive releases from 2004 you really can't miss...but then again I don't know exactly what you mean with housy stuff (got an idea :unsure: )

Cosmic tone - going solo & blue vortex use that progressive undertone (what I like :) ) but are more direction fullon in my opinion... you want smashing bassline kicks check oryx (the reefer decree kicks ^_^) ... And SETHERIAN... or the first release of cosmic tone - overwhelming...

The latest album of cosma has got some fine melodic progressive tracks...but that you already know I suppose...

who? Etnica? Who is that?

naaah, sorry Benjy, but Etnica is not the style I'm looking for... Altough Hells Kitchen en the Trip Tonite Rmx and some songs on their Equator album may be considered as melodic progressive :) And I love those tracks :) Thanks

Hey Anoebis, that's interesting as I have heard a somehow similar set on the last party I have been to :)

Maybe the sound will come back?

Suggestions ... hmmm...

"Old S-Range" ... if you want old S-Range, then check out Prex, a collaboration between S-Range and Noma. And Noma could even be something for you too (I'm thinking of "Soon" and "Another Time" now). I second 12 Moons and Matenda, especially his older stuff (pre-"Tunnel Vision"). And Setherian is also nice, I like his album "Multiverse" ... on that party they even played a track off there ... and a Prex piece too :wub::)