Worst agers of 04?

Lemmiwinks

Here is my top:

Four Carry Nuts - Mechanical Age: I remember getting over enthusiastic about this one, now I honestly can't find what I liked so much about it...

The Misted Muppet - From the Legend: I actually said it was THE best 04 release... guess I was wrong about that one :) However it came after a dry spell of mediocre release after mediocre release so when I finally found something worthwhile I was so happy about it.

Space Cat - Mechanical Dream: at first I found a lot of nice warm melodies... now I don't know where those melodies dissapeared!! Funny how perceptions change...

Miraculix - The Arrival: i remember I liked this one, didn't find it THE best, but a pretty good album... now I listened to it a few days ago and found it HORRIBLE!!! It all sounded so amateurish and mediocre...

So what about you guys?

Sorry to be off topic but i think you should buy that strong good weed you had back then(?)

But to be a bit on topic i can say the same for the Aarhus team.At first i found it great and trippy now i find it just crazy and pointless...and little boring.

X-Dream - We Interface, I wasn't thrilled about this at first either, but thought some of the (non vocal) tracks were allright. Now I find even those utterly boring. This must be the disappointment of the year. I can't believe I went and used a blank CD to burn this.

Infinite Realities, I first thought, melodic trance back, now I think its not even worth to be released!

And well, that's about it, the rest of the comps/albums were carefully chosen (I bought maybe 30 new cds of 2004 this year) and mostly don't dissapoint :)

*Moondancer, how can you actually not like 4CN? I think it's véry good!*

*Moondancer, how can you actually not like 4CN? I think it's véry good!*

well I DID like it a lot on first few listens... now I find it pretty minimal and repetitive...

@phatpat: funny how tastes may vary... for me it was the other way around: at first the new 1200 Mics sounded good but not great, now it's actually in my top 5 of 2004!!

BTW I also agree on Horus the Chorus. I found that melody a total killer on first few listens, now it sounds childish and simplistic...

But to be a bit on topic i can say the same for the Aarhus team.At first i found it great and trippy now i find it just crazy and pointless...and little boring.

211241[/snapback]

You mean Jahbo/G.o.W/Meteloids etc??

I think this topic represent my feeling about almost all present moring fullon 2004... it all sounds good in the beginning but get's bored after 5 times listen... it's like THE mark of new releases :rolleyes: ... but then again there's been releasing at such a high level that we can allow ourselves to consume, throw it away & replace it... it's the main idea of consumption society... woooooohoooooow :(

Here is my top:

Four Carry Nuts - Mechanical Age:  I remember getting over enthusiastic about this one, now I honestly can't find what I liked so much about it...

The Misted Muppet - From the Legend: I actually said it was THE best 04 release... guess I was wrong about that one :) However it came after a dry spell of mediocre release after mediocre release so when I finally found something worthwhile I was so happy about it.

Space Cat - Mechanical Dream: at first I found a lot of nice warm melodies... now I don't know where those melodies dissapeared!! Funny how perceptions change...

Miraculix - The Arrival: i remember I liked this one, didn't find it THE best, but a pretty good album... now I listened to it a few days ago and found it HORRIBLE!!! It all sounded so amateurish and mediocre...

So what about you guys?

211237[/snapback]

fullon = shit

Serotonia from Quardra was raughter dissapointing... having the digital stimulant lp in mind I bought Serotonia... and in the beginning I found it pritty cosy - but after a week of listening to it - it's just boring- every song sounds the same... at least the cover looks realy sweet <_<

I second the Miraculix cd

compared to most psy that stuff sounds like it came from my garage now that I listen to it again- it did have its times though

Wizzy Noise- Stereo Electric- some of it was pretty cool at first, got old fast. It would help if they made more tracks like Dark City- that's one of my favorite songs ever- play that at every party

fullon = shit

211446[/snapback]

I second that. :D

I second that. :D

211572[/snapback]

I third that

=)

Most recent South African music has gotten boring fast, too. With the exception of v/a The Turning, all the other compilations and albums from the likes of Shift, Phyx, Damage, Tickets, etc. are too repetitive and boring.

Most dark music as well... it was fun when it was a novelty last year, but now Kindzadza, Para Halu, Seroxat/PsychoMicro/Azax and most other dark artists are sounding tired and uninspired.

Swedish and Danish music, though, is still great. Derango rules!

Most dark music as well... it was fun when it was a novelty last year, but now Kindzadza, Para Halu, Seroxat/PsychoMicro/Azax and most other dark artists are sounding tired and uninspired.

ah yes, it's good to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about dark trance :)

"Most dark music as well... it was fun when it was a novelty last year, but now Kindzadza, Para Halu, Seroxat/PsychoMicro/Azax and most other dark artists are sounding tired and uninspired."

ah yes, it's good to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about dark trance :)

211680[/snapback]

I will second that!

can't listen to it

Get your own "I hate full on" topic then.. you're posting that same line everywhere <_<

And I agree on the Quadra cd.. Liked it in the beginning, now it's rather boring and the songs sound the same most of the time

Get your own "I hate full on" topic then.. you're posting that same line everywhere  <_<

And I agree on the Quadra cd.. Liked it in the beginning, now it's rather boring and the songs sound the same most of the time

211856[/snapback]

Somebody has to say it, so that newcommers don't get struck in the full-on trap :rolleyes: