unusual suspects 2

Moai

@ what party did you see simon?

215525[/snapback]

I saw Hallucinogen and Orion @ Halvandet in DK about a year ago or something. How could you miss that? Hmm...It was probably more than a year ago. Can't remebmer.

He played alot of his old tracks which was ofcourse awesome :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen Simon both as Hallucinogen and Shpongle here in Israel about a year ago.

It was indoor and the place was fucking blown away.

Also there was the Ott live, and after Simon's set and live Raja Ram teamed up with Arian Project and ruined otherwise a great night.

BTW, i am planing on Sonica. Don't bother to go to Freedom festival. It will have worse vibe than Sonica. Just compare the line up.

Freedom Festival is a Portuguese version of Full Moon festival.

And also the heat in Portugal at this time of year is unbearable.

Last year while being in Boom festival i experienced 45 degrees. It's unhumane i tell ya.

but my fav "New" hallu track is still by far Stimuli remix !! This stuff ownz !! Just imagine a Infinity project in hallucinogen Remixes cd :D Si should create more energetic crazy goa-influence tracks!

215252[/snapback]

Hah! Same here, mate

--------

eh..., actually I heard the original and unfortunately the only tnew thing in the remix is the better quality of sound... Can anyone tell for _sure_, if Simon co-produced the original track or was it only Graham and Raja?

metal sharon - ballon dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best psytrance in years. can´t wait to hear their album.

rest of the tracks are very, very good. no label can´t compete with twisted anymore. but long long arms and black ops.... well maybe they grow on me...

btw... Insejn

hallucinogen played @ halvlandet 4/10 -03.

ppl, excuse me, but dont u think that its kinda silly and "isratrance" to overrate simon? i mean, his good, but hes not superman... i read some interviews, where si says that hes NOT playing complete everything live, cause he just cant do it, he have only 2 hands ;)!but that doesnt make him worst ofcourse.

of course he's not superman. superman can never be that good!!

...just kidding. i guess I should quote that thing Raja Ram said about Simon: "Si has so much music in him!"

but of course he has his misfires now and then

This compilation is really nice, overall seen worth the buy IMO :)

@ Insejn: you seem to have the same taste in psytrance as me for most of the releases I found out.. you should check out the VA - Midnight Storm (compiled by Shift). That one is sure to kick your ass ;D!

This compilation is really nice, overall seen worth the buy IMO :)

@ Insejn: you seem to have the same taste in psytrance as me for most of the releases I found out.. you should check out the VA - Midnight Storm (compiled by Shift). That one is sure to kick your ass ;D!

215938[/snapback]

OMG you're right. Just looked at the tracklist at psyshop. A must-have for me :)

Thanks for the heads up!

You are NOT the only one. I have been praising this tune like crazy since Earthcore Carnival. It RULES!!!!  :lol:

'THE NEXT MORNING MY ARRRRRRMS ARE VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY LOOOOOOONG.... LOOOONG LOOOOOOOONG ARRRRMS COVERED WITH BEAUTIFUL FEATHERS..... MY ARRRRRMS ARE VERRRRRRRRRY LOOOOOOONG'  :huh:  :blink:  :)  :P  :lol:

Let's form a fan-club and shoot spitballs at a picture of anyone who doesn't like 'Long Long Arms'  :rolleyes:

WHO'S WITH ME?

215045[/snapback]

Im with ya!! love that track!

You are NOT the only one. I have been praising this tune like crazy since Earthcore Carnival. It RULES!!!!  :lol:

'THE NEXT MORNING MY ARRRRRRMS ARE VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY LOOOOOOONG.... LOOOONG LOOOOOOOONG ARRRRMS COVERED WITH BEAUTIFUL FEATHERS..... MY ARRRRRMS ARE VERRRRRRRRRY LOOOOOOONG'  :huh:  :blink:  :)  :P  :lol:

Let's form a fan-club and shoot spitballs at a picture of anyone who doesn't like 'Long Long Arms'  :rolleyes:

WHO'S WITH ME?

215045[/snapback]

you guys are sooooooo gay.

:P

i know my sweet girl...but if u dont know...simon p. is a very poor man and he lives in paper-box outside stonehedge.so plz ppl stop downloading twisted releases because simon will be VERY angry and he will not release any twisted album AGAIN!!! (this is very serius mates...i heard that cnn and al jazira networks play simon's statements first at night news)

hey simon i ve downloaded all your releases...dont cry sick boy :blink:

212874[/snapback]

ugh...

This cd is really good. Well it's twisted so Im kinda stating the obvious. Every track is quality. I would say I've enjoyed this comp more than the previous two more up there with Dementertainment. I heard half the tracks live at the Earthcore Carnival ( Younger Brother, Prometheus, Hallucinogen, Eat Static ) so listening to this is like a highlight reel of that party :) The production, sounds and mastering is generally mindbending. I'll try to do a proper review eventually but have listened 3-4 times so far. So need to digest a bit more before I can develop a proper opinion.

But 1 big problem, the Prometheus tracks on my speakers just don't work. I have to put the bass eq down to about 1/3 like -20db !!! and it still distorts. Im really scared of blowing my speakers listening to the Tristan and Prometheus coz the bass is just horrible. Im not sure if the mastering of the solstice release is different but I can hope the international release will have fixed this issue.

Anyone else have the same problems ?

I finally got to listen to the samples on solstice23.com. WOW! this is really excellent stuff!

Epic Hair is like a relaxed version of snakes and ladders... Great way to introduce this powerhouse of an album :D

Long Long Arms is just as i remember it from all the parties: more fun than bungee-jumping. What's with all the beautiful feathers falling all over me like a deck of cards??? :lol:

Stretch Tastic is THE definition of sonic unsanity. I was stretched out of my own arse :P

Balloon Dance is just downright crazy. It reminded me of Mi-Loony-Um and and Cyberbabas... only BETTER! Simon and Merv sure made me laugh. The rhythm made me think of my high-school gym teacher dancing Les Lancier (?). This collaboration is well worth the long wait :)

Grow More Pot really takes me back to the good old hey-days of goa. It actually reminded me of an old X-Dream track ('Psychomachine'). This is old school at its finest. Quite sinister, actually :unsure:

Black Ops is.... ummm.... EXCELLENT! Chilled, trancey, beautiful. Can't wait to hear it in full length. Smells like Posford spirit, tho :rolleyes:

This is really promising stuff!!! Only two weeks until it is released... strange music for strange times. I am looking forward to this... I have a good feeling about this one, friends ;)

I finally got to listen to the samples on solstice23.com. WOW! this is really excellent stuff!

Epic Hair is like a relaxed version of snakes and ladders... Great way to introduce this powerhouse of an album :D

Long Long Arms is just as i remember it from all the parties: more fun than bungee-jumping. What's with all the beautiful feathers falling all over me like a deck of cards??? :lol:

Stretch Tastic is THE definition of sonic unsanity. I was stretched out of my own arse  :P

Balloon Dance is just downright crazy. It reminded me of Mi-Loony-Um and and Cyberbabas... only BETTER! Simon and Merv sure made me laugh. The rhythm made me think of my high-school gym teacher dancing Les Lancier (?). This collaboration is well worth the long wait  :)

Grow More Pot really takes me back to the good old hey-days of goa. It actually reminded me of an old X-Dream track ('Psychomachine'). This is old school at its finest. Quite sinister, actually  :unsure:

Black Ops is.... ummm.... EXCELLENT! Chilled, trancey, beautiful. Can't wait to hear it in full length. Smells like Posford spirit, tho :rolleyes:

This is really promising stuff!!! Only two weeks until it is released... strange music for strange times. I am looking forward to this... I have a good feeling about this one, friends ;)

219493[/snapback]

black ops is ott!

black ops is ott!

219903[/snapback]

Why am I NOT surprised??? <_< Is there anything that guy can't do? :P

He did state in an interview that anything above 70 bpm was to fast for his liking. Ott's first venture into the world of trance is definitely a succesful one. :rolleyes: