unusual suspects 2

Moai

i know my sweet girl...but if u dont know...simon p. is a very poor man and he lives in paper-box outside stonehedge.so plz ppl stop downloading twisted releases because simon will be VERY angry and he will not release any twisted album AGAIN!!! (this is very serius mates...i heard that cnn and al jazira networks play simon's statements first at night news)

hey simon i ve downloaded all your releases...dont cry sick boy :blink:

212874[/snapback]

hah hah hah,

what are you talking about. trying to be cool sounding like a harsh person.

and yeah, i'm not a girl but a boy.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, the long long arms is not THAT bad, but it's not awesome either.

@ Psychiatrist: Magick isn't actually bad. I find the effect-blendign and such really enjoyable there. It's an unique track to me. I agree with you on Beautifull people tohugh. It has to be the worst Posford track ..

Yes.. Long long arms sounds pretty booring and full-on.

The Hallucinogen & Tristan - Stretch tastic has much of the old Hallucinogen sound (the sounds reminds me of Gamma Goblins Part II). But for me it sounds a littlebit too settled without any climax, judging by Hallucinogen standars, else it sounds good.

Track 5 was the best with a quick listening for me, Tristan - Lost and Profound, the melodies in the end are great.

Overall this sounds very good.

Must listen to it more, only had a very very quick listen to it so can't really say much yet.

Yes.. Long long arms sounds pretty booring and full-on.

The Hallucinogen & Tristan - Stretch tastic has  much of the old Hallucinogen sound (the sounds reminds me of Gamma Goblins Part II). But for me it sounds a littlebit too settled without any climax, judging by Hallucinogen standars, else it sounds good.

Track 5 was the best with a quick listening for me, Tristan - Lost and Profound, the melodies in the end are great.

Overall this sounds very good.

Must listen to it more, only had a very very quick listen to it so can't really say much yet.

214614[/snapback]

plz buy if you like!

ok, i admit it. Aftel all those months (..years?!) waiting, I simply could not resist downloading the damn thing!! Of course it goes without saying that I am going to buy the cd (when it finally shows up), Twisted records quality control is unparalleled and Simon and co deserve all the support they can get. So far I've listened to it 3-4 times. So...

Younger Brother - Epic Hair

a really groovy tune! a nice melody comes in early on, around 2.00, which comes back at 6.00. Really well crafted progressive tune!!

Audio Chemists - Long Long Arms

I know many people find this yet another melodic full-on tune. I think it will work wonders in the dancefloor. The samples are really wicked!!

Hallucinogen & Tristan - Strech Tastic

It starts really promising... Those weird human voice samples streched and distorted playfully... The whole track oozes Hallucinogen!! Its been a while! Deranged synths, heavy bassline and ...the samples!! However, it sounds a bit...uninspired. Maybe a bit more variation was needed.

Prometheus - Oscar

Ahh, this is pure bliss. Benji is back in full force. Much in the same style as his album, a bit progressive a bit techy but very very psychedelic metallic and futuristic!! This is amazing!! And around 6.30 you will be blown away... Masterpiece

Tristan - Lost and Profound

Another progressive gem here. Just lovely.

Metal Sharon - Balloon Dance

hmm.... I was really eager to lget to this. Posford + Merv Pepler so you have to expect something really interesting. Well, up to now it sounds to me a bit too weird and random. Maybe the Eat Static part overshadowed the Hallucinogen part. Maybe its just a matter of taste.

Tristan and Prometheus - Grow More Pot

wow. another party killer. fast, stomping, prometheus-sounding. a bit dark but thats fine with me.

Hikimori - Black Ops

Who is this guy after all? If this was not such a gem I would really feel gutted for not getting the brothromstates tune. Anyway, the indian break around 4.20 is amazing. Then comes the melody and you just take-off...

Overall, UnS2 delivers, as of course all Twisted fans would expect. It works both at home (of course you have to turn the volume up a bit) but it must be an entirely different beast in the dancefloor. Can't wait for that. Of course this will sound much better when I get my hands on the proper cd version :)

My only worry is the Metal Sharon collaboration. I hope this will turn out to be the worst track of that album (whenever it gets released).

Had to download it as well, but heard only the Younger Brother tune and it fucking rules!!! What an amazing collaboration, funky, groovy number. Very different to what i was expecting to be.

I probably won't hear the rest of it (except for Long Long Arms that i already heard) and will buy it as it gets to Saiko.

My comments (based by the 3-minute samples):

/EPIC HAIR/ Hmm... it will probably grow on me, but the first impression is not much. It's .... well it's the new posford style started with My-Loony-Um (or well, maybe magick), but in my opinion gone worse over time. Anyway seems that that sound is where twisted is going at the moment. To me Epic Hair is too plain and progressive, but as I said, it can grow on me.

/LONG LONG ARMS/ It's not bad, but it's not good either. It doesn't have much more, but the progressiveish groove I guess. I liked hair a bit better.

/STRETCH TASTIC/ Yeah, these vocals are nice I guesss... tho shamanix mumbling and trancepotter gibberish is better imo. But the whole track seems blank... No peak in it, at least in the sample. Boring.... I don't like it.

/OSCAR/ It sounds innovative and groovy, but not quite my style. Still the best one by far. I hope it will grow on me, cause it seems to be the best prometheus track for me. Not much _psychedelic trance_ in it tho :/

/LOST AND PROFOUND/ I have never heard Tristan before. I just haven't.. Well this is the kindof psy taht uses these.. umm... blues(?) samples.. like Cosmosis - Down at the Crossroad or .... Feuerhake - Bombay Blues... the samples nice I guess, but where's all the 'morning' in it taht was promised? This one is not for me.

/BALLOON DANCE/ Wow. I recognize some Ozric elements in it and some hallucinogenic too. This (and maybe Oscar) are best by far. This one is the only one that reminds me the Deranger times too :)

/GROW MORE POT/ Ugh. Too minimal and too fullon (I know it isn't either minimal nor fullon by definicion). I will start to like it if I hear more of it, I know. But first impression - this sucks.

/BLACK OPS/ Err. Isn't this one really a Posford collaboration? :rolleyes: Cause it sure reminds me some of his elements... Best track on compilation and the only one that hasn't been made by the twisted residents.... Leaves me wondering...

Conclusion: I won't by it. I would concider it if it was an vinyl, but cd? Not really.

Tracks I like more than avarage: Hikikomori, Metal Sharon, Prometheus

Tracks I like above avarage: Tristan, Prometheus+Tristan.

blah

it's a decent compilation - but i've grown to expect much from Twisted, and this one just doesn't deliver as promised. It's mostly morning semi-psychedelic stuff. The only track that really stands out is Metal Sharon - Balloon Dance.

don't flame me too much now..

:P

why am i the only one who loves long long arms? awesome dance tune! makes u wanna go crazy! only downer is that there should happen more stuffs!

214990[/snapback]

You are NOT the only one. I have been praising this tune like crazy since Earthcore Carnival. It RULES!!!! :lol:

'THE NEXT MORNING MY ARRRRRRMS ARE VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY LOOOOOOONG.... LOOOONG LOOOOOOOONG ARRRRMS COVERED WITH BEAUTIFUL FEATHERS..... MY ARRRRRMS ARE VERRRRRRRRRY LOOOOOOONG' :huh::blink::):P:lol:

Let's form a fan-club and shoot spitballs at a picture of anyone who doesn't like 'Long Long Arms' :rolleyes:

WHO'S WITH ME?

Oh bollocks to all this "we-don't-like-hallucinogen-anymore"-ranting! <_<

WHAT A FANSTRETCHTASTIC CD!! EPIC HAIR is so much like Snakes & ladders. Without a doubt! I can't say I'm surprised, but these samples are so entycing and appealing that it removes all my doubt in the fact that the twisted guys STILL got it! :D

But why-oh-why do we have to wait another month for your god's sake!!?! :(

Ring her up, dude, I'm getting this cd!! :)

Well Simon P is only good in Metal Sharon imo in this album, the Hallucinogen & Tristan - Stretch Tastic has actually nothing in the track, it's very empty & dull & booring. Long Long arms has this rolling full-on bassline and a womans stuttering voice, that's all, full-on lovers might like it, others not. Metal Sharon track might be an letdown for some, i liked it because i start to laugh allmost every time the melody starts, i could imagine this on the dancefloor with people just laughing & smiling and dancing.

Hikimori has an perfect beat imo, i hope the full-on kick and bassline would be like this, but still it lacks something for me.. The whole album might be much better on the dancefloor because the tracks seems to be more dancefloor oriented & progressive than uns1. this is a good album but i don't think it is as good as the first one. Progressive freaks might think otherwise. :)

the sound of long long arms feels for me like a blend of shpongle, hallucinogen and full-on :P .. only thing i can recognize from joti is the basslines/kick and repetition so that was probably not Si's intention! complain on joti instead ;) did you hear any ful-on @ his other new tracks? no!

You can order the Solstice Japanese release of this album now off

www.juno.co.uk

Great recordstore for all thing electronic, they have just started stocking psytrance recently and the only place outside of Japan I know of where you can get the Solstice JP releases.

You can order the Solstice Japanese release of this album now off

www.juno.co.uk   

Great recordstore for all thing electronic, they have just started stocking psytrance recently and the only place outside of Japan I know of where you can get the Solstice JP releases.

215213[/snapback]

15 Quid, you gotta be kidding me. That's a price of 2 CDs in any other psy shop.

I'll wait for the Saiko Sounds to stock it.

Thanx for the tip though

the sound of long long arms feels for me like a blend of shpongle, hallucinogen and full-on  :P .. only thing i can recognize from joti is the basslines/kick and repetition so that was probably not Si's intention! complain on joti instead ;) did you hear any ful-on @ his other new tracks? no!

215064[/snapback]

I agree that it was probably Joti who made it sound so awfull full-on, but Simon should have punched him for doing that and kick him out for lifetime from Twisted studios. Simon is in charge for releasing it so he's not innocent. :)

I agree that it was probably Joti who made it sound so awfull  full-on, but Simon should have punched him for doing that and kick him out for lifetime from Twisted studios. Simon is in charge for releasing it so he's not innocent. :)

215247[/snapback]

I heard a pre-version of long long arms before, and this sample that is in the beginning were coming again in the middle and the end!! It felt soo unfinished!! It almost as if they have rushed the track! and thats a bit sad since it had a huge potential!

Ok Now in the final release he has edited the stuff a little bit so you can find 2 new samples (about lsd etc. =P) so "Si" did something, but just not enough.. it could have been a rare killer track!! now i think its just above average (cuz the scene sucks nowadays with very rare great releases) cuz the synth stabs, shpongle synth layers, gated choirs and even bassline is quite enjoyable :) well produced, and it makes me in a good mood!^^

but my fav "New" hallu track is still by far Stimuli remix !! This stuff ownz !! Just imagine a Infinity project in hallucinogen Remixes cd :D Si should create more energetic crazy goa-influence tracks!

Moai, i think you really should catch Simon live, cause he plays a lot of his classic tunes like LSD, Gamma Goblins, Spiritual Anticeptic but with updated Rhythm section. God knows what shivers i got exactly one year ago when i heard him live.

Whoo haa.

Gotta go to Sonica this summer and see Simon again.

Moai, i think you really should catch Simon live, cause he plays a lot of his classic tunes like LSD, Gamma Goblins, Spiritual Anticeptic but with updated Rhythm section. God knows what shivers i got exactly one year ago when i heard him live.

Whoo haa.

Gotta go to Sonica this summer and see Simon again.

215359[/snapback]

i was planning to see him this year, either in sonica or the freedom festival :D

that will be my big trip of this year ^-^

Simon really gives the audience a real live experience and not just a retail cd spinning around while pretending to twist the sound with some knobs in an unplugged effectmachine =P

@ what party did you see simon?

pretending to twist the sound with some knobs in an unplugged effectmachine =P

I remember seeing 1200 live... I still cannot believe it, GMS were doing their thing while Raja Ram was playing with an unplugged Pioneer cd, an unplugged keyboard and a seemingly muted mic... :rolleyes:

@ what party did you see simon?

I saw Simon live last May in the Twisted Label party in London. Very nice, many old classics in the mix as well and he finished his set with Shamanix!!! He was definetely on f***ing fire! B)