• South America
    • North America
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Middle East

Representing Greenland.

hehe..

though I've been to Azerbadjan, and lemme tell you....

it's just ain't happening.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly do you want to say?

What do we need to read?

We dont have to discuss about this.I dont see anything wrong.Case closed.

288955[/snapback]

Stuff like "balkanic races" & "there is Balkans and there is Greece that happens to be near"...

It's just pretty stupid to make these kind of statements and call someone uneducated history-wise...

Sorry to be narrowminded again, but it didnt fit, so I put MiddleEast (then I told people to put their country if its NOT in there). :) I cant help it that the poll only can take 50 answers, I would have put EVERY single country in if I could have...

211148[/snapback]

ah... u added few countries i never heard thire name and the word "trance" in the same sentence and u didnt add the lost empire of trance!?

Posted Image

yes u guesed it right ;)

well, alek, do you consider yourselves ancestors of alexander the great and ancient macedonians? cuz even your ex-president had said this is not true.

as i said, macedonia is not a country, iMO it's just a geographical region that consists of your country[macedonia?],a small part of Bulgary, and a norther part of greece. agree?

whatever. i think there shouldnt be nationalities and such but this is just daydream-thinking..

btw, 6.5 % greeks here... not bad taking into account that we're such a fucking small country... and psy-uneducated :D

Stuff like "balkanic races" & "there is Balkans and there is Greece that happens to be near"...

It's just pretty stupid to make these kind of statements and call someone uneducated history-wise...

288987[/snapback]

?

So you think thats just pretty stupid?Ok thats you opinion but i dont see any explanation.

The fact that you are offended doesnt mean that what i said was wrong.

@nick_InZoMNiAC: What the hell man? Where exactly did I say ANYTHING about the connection between Serbia and (Greek) Macedonia?! Read again what I wrote and you will notice this. And I agree with you.

@Gnome: Yes it's my oppinion that it's stupid but it's a fact (as close as it can get to being a fact) that those two statements are wrong. In short:

1) There is no such thing as "balkanic races"! Never has and sure as shit doesn't exist now. This goes to back what I said about your (mis)understanding of ethnicity.

2) Greece is part of the Balkans. Because the Balkans = the Balkan peninsula, of which Greece is the tip. Simple geography.

And above all I don't see how you thought that I'm offended as there is clearly no need for me to be. I just don't like hipocracy... as you are calling someone uneducated concerning the field in which you yourself make such mistakes.

@nick_InZoMNiAC: What the hell man? Where exactly did I say ANYTHING about the connection between Serbia and (Greek) Macedonia?! Read again what I wrote and you will notice this. And I agree with you.

S0rry m8, just a misunderstanduing

@Gnome: Yes it's my oppinion that it's stupid but it's a fact (as close as it can get to being a fact) that those two statements are wrong. In short:

1) There is no such thing as "balkanic races"! Never has and sure as shit doesn't exist now. This goes to back what I said about your (mis)understanding of ethnicity.

2) Greece is part of the Balkans. Because the Balkans = the Balkan peninsula, of which Greece is the tip. Simple geography.

I pretty much agree, Balkans is just a geographical are, where countries usch as greece,albania,serbia,croatia etc etc belong.

But probably gnome was reffering to Slavs...

And above all I don't see how you thought that I'm offended as there is clearly no need for me to be. I just don't like hipocracy... as you are calling someone uneducated concerning the field in which you yourself make such mistakes.

289753[/snapback]

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Nemo mate you make a big miss with Israel, i'm pretty sure we got here easily a semi-dozen of regular psynewsers, beware you're going to have the jews lobby on your back mate :lol: . And what about people from great britain?

Maybe some old members will remember like me about the old Psynews and his stats board with number of red pages with a diagram & also the country origin stat user in %. I didn't remember it was so scando member crowded like your poll actually & currently reveals it :) .

• 2 months later...

Heia Noooorge!!

So.. .In most of the English-speaking, western world, the countries commonly included in the Balkan region are:

Albania

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bulgaria

FYROM¤

Greece

Serbia and Montenegro

Turkey, but only the European part of it around Istanbul (traditionally called Rumelia or Eastern Thrace)

Romania, Croatia and Slovenia are sometimes included in the list as well.

Many regions in the countries listed as Balkan states can be in many respects rather distinct from the remainder of the region, so countries that are borderline cases (often far away from the Balkan mountain itself) usually prefer not to be called Balkan countries. Prime examples of this are Romania, Slovenia and Croatia, sometimes also Greece.

Smile :)

Yo gnome-man .. whats up in da hooood!?