• Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Middle East

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread! I just voted was found it interesting that so many people are from only just a handful of county's and regions.

Its interesting to see what country so many of us are from! There is bound to be some bitchiness or argument when it comes to stuff like this, and I think the majority of us like this poll.

The only thing I would have prefered would have been to vote United States in stead of North America, since North America isn't a country. Nevertheless, it does pertain the the northern region of US and Canada, and since North America is basically the United States and Canada, the region placement is fine. No need getting all technical and overly specific because this polls just for fun, entertainment, and general interest. I realize its too late to change the poll now and unfortunately I guess the available site option in creating a pole was limited to 50 bars, so maybe by saying United States and Canada, in place of including both in one region, which is still basically accurate (region wise) for instance may have filled up too many slots. Overall it works and its put together well. ;)

212692[/snapback]

History is not the precise science!!! We all know that. So if you study from greece book you may think the things are different, if you study from bulgarian you got onother view, from english book onother and etc. There is no doubt it was slavary that's why we all fought for freedom(all balkans nation). So don't you think in that time some greece was married for turkish people? Here we got that and i am sure in Greece too, as in Serbia and Macedonia.

In your point of view i am curious "Do you think there exist something like american nation?" :D

I know is hard subject for you to speak about Macedonia becouse you think it's your country, but just remember in the past Macedonia was part of Bulgaria too!!!

So that's why i think when they say it's their country and it's name is Macedonia i think they got right!

And for the end

Wich language is closer to macedonian: bulgerian or greece? Don't answer we all know that <_<

Peace must be and peace will be!!! B)

wrong quote

that's what i mean :D

wtf are you talking about.Greeks have nothing to do with the rest of the balkanic races.Absolutely nothing.There was old yugoslavia,czechoslovakia,soviet union blah blah but there was never a union with Greece and another Country.And if you think about the Othoman empire,that was slavery not union.So there is Balkans and there is Greece that happens to be near.Get it?

So Macedonia was located in the part of northern Greece.Now some people decided to call their country Macedonia,a country which is not located in northern Greece...or maybe they think they are Greecomacedonians?And if you study some history you will understand the stupidity of that matter.The point is that balkan countries are so low profile and level that things will never get in the right position.

sorry to be off-topic.

212633[/snapback]

I know is hard subject for you to speak about Macedonia becouse you think it's your country, but just remember in the past Macedonia was part of Bulgaria too!!!

So that's why i think when they say it's their country and it's name is Macedonia i think they got right!

213775[/snapback]

This shit must end.So this is the last thing ill say about this:There was a place called Macedonia some thousands years ago.It was a part of Greek civilisation.So some thousand years later when northern Greece was finally in the hands of the Greek republic(after some wars and slaveries) they decided to name it "Macedonia" because the original ancient Macedonia was located exactly there.So it was just a part of Greece(northern) not a different country.So,a lot of years later there is this country which was part of the destroyed Yugoslavia (i think) and after the war they become indepentent country and decide to name their country...Macedonia!But the Greeks had named their northern part this way and not only that,northern Greece was named Macedonia 2k years ago!!So the Greeks kindly request from the neighboors not to call their country this way because its just not right and fair!But they name it.And thats the whole point.So this country named now Macedonia,its not Greek ! ! and we dont want it ! ! !We just want them to change their name.Quickly....

So don't you think in that time some greece was married for turkish people?

you know statements like that here can cause even a war do not even in your life say something like that

This shit must end.So this is the last thing ill say about this:There was a place called Macedonia some thousands years ago.It was a part of Greek civilisation.So some thousand years later when northern Greece was finally in the hands of the Greek republic(after some wars and slaveries) they decided to name it "Macedonia" because the original ancient Macedonia was located exactly there.So it was just a part of Greece(northern) not a different country.So,a lot of years later there is this country which was part of the destroyed Yugoslavia (i think) and after the war they become indepentent country and decide to name their country...Macedonia!But the Greeks had named their northern part this way and not only that,northern Greece was named Macedonia 2k years ago!!So the Greeks kindly request from the neighboors not to call their country this way because its just not right and fair!But they name it.And thats the whole point.So this country named now Macedonia,its not Greek ! ! and we dont want it ! ! !We just want them to change their name.Quickly....

you know statements like that here can cause even a war do not even in your life say something like that

213783[/snapback]

Sorry for that!

But just becouse in Bulgaria we got turkish people in our goverment i never think it can hurt somebody(maybe it's our problem for bulgarian i mean)

For the name you got right in tha past teritory called Macedonia was part of Greece and nowadays you called some part of northen Greece that way and we called south-west Bulgaria that way.

But you are right and in that this topic is endless and can only be bad.

As i say it's stuped to quarrel with your neighbours. We not decide to live so close, but the thing are that way!

So i can not do something different except to be happy for your EUROPIAN TITLE from Portugal B)

Yea, it was crazy summer for you in sport. First football then Olimpia. I think ZEVS was very happy last year.

Btw what happen with greece dj's they not come here soon?

213792[/snapback]

Hehe well Zeus is always happy anyway because when you visit Olympus you can see the beauty and the magic this mountain can hide.So yeah he is alive,happy and ruling.

BTW about djs,i dont really know,im not someone who's into Greek psy scene for the past 2 years...i mean i go to a party every 2 or 3 months....way too commercial for me B)

I wish I had the strengh to read thru this whole thread. Seems like there's some ugly nationalism going on here.

2 cents:

ancient Greeks had absolutely nothing to do with the ancient Macedonians. Well okay they were conquered by them :P HAR HAR HAR

no man really the people who lived in the area which we call greece today became part of the macedonian empire when macedonians conquered it.. it wasn't the other way around.. back then "greek" people pretty much referred these macedonians as "fucking barbars from the north" greece has absoluely no right to claim that the "glory" of macedonian empire is part of its history cos it isn't.. it's like if i as a finn claim all the glory russia and soviet union ever had because we used to be part of them...

This shit must end.So this is the last thing ill say about this:

213783[/snapback]

Sorry it was the last ;) If you want to talk about it you can PM me.I just want to fix something.If there was someone that called them "fucking barbars from the north" it was all the people from Sparta,Athens and Thebes.Major city-states but not to major to care about their stoned philosophic opinion ;)

Oh and forget that Olympus,their super holy god mountain is in the northenr part...so ;)

btw about the internet thingy..

I live in downtown Helsinki (as downtown as it's possible really) and if I got it right the fastest net I could buy would be 12mb which would cost me around 65€ a month. (I've got 512/256 for 25€ thou, can't really afford anything more expensive atm). Anyways my school is like 2 blocks away and last week I did some online bandwidth test there and the result was that I could download 300mb/s. So that would make it a 3gig connection. However one must remember that there were probably atleast 500 ppl using the schools computers at that very time.. so the actual connection has to be ridiculously faster.. :unsure:

I always thought 1gig was like the absolute maximum at the moment.. but i guess i was wrong..

• 1 month later...

btw about the internet thingy..

I live in downtown Helsinki (as downtown as it's possible really) and if I got it right the fastest net I could buy would be 12mb which would cost me around 65€ a month. (I've got 512/256 for 25€ thou, can't really afford anything more expensive atm). Anyways my school is like 2 blocks away and last week I did some online bandwidth test there and the result was that I could download 300mb/s. So that would make it a 3gig connection. However one must remember that there were probably atleast 500 ppl using the schools computers at that very time.. so the actual connection has to be ridiculously faster..  :unsure: 

I always thought 1gig was like the absolute maximum at the moment.. but i guess i was wrong..

214121[/snapback]

I read some time ago that the world records in data transfered over the net was set between Sweden and USA. They transfered 1831 Gigabytes in one hour. Thats 4310mbit/s. It was transfered on the public net without any traffic being slowed down. I would like that connection ;)

Here is a

link to the article. It's in Swedish tho.