• Ukraine
    • United Kingdom
    • South America
    • North America
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Middle East

Well, it will pass in two months, unlike up here, where the summer is two months, if that. :)

Well, but serisouly, there is waaaaaaaay more internet users in UK, Germany, France etc, so that is hardly a real reason. And you don't actually need a very fast connection to read forums, you could do that with a modem! ;)

211753[/snapback]

Ok, then look here mate ;)

Germany 30,073,931 users out of around 90 millions (only one third)

UK 22,505,058 users out of 58 millions (should we round it to a third?)

Italy 16,622,066 users out of 58,261,971 (well a third, almost)

France 15,197,078 users out of 58,109,160 (well...)

Spain 8,498,602 out of 39,404,348 (we all know there are not many in spain having a good internet connection or any at all)

Sweden 4,646,457 users out of 8,821,759 (Now, ummm FIFTY percent!?)

My friend Sweden and Denmark are the leading countries in internet use in the world, not even USA beats us to it. You see, we are not by far as many people in Sweden or Denmark then in the rest of the country, but percentually, we HAVE more users using the internet.

If you read the IT news and IT Facts, you will find that Sweden and Denmark are the leading countries in IT as well. Its also a fact, that we have more people hooked on the internet than in any other countries than in the world. This has nothing to do with Weather, it has to do with that Sweden and Denmark have invested a LOT of time in a good IT Infrastructure.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because in Scandinavia there are so "few" psytrancers (compared to Isreal where psytrance is popular music) that they often have to get online (forums) to get intouch with others that have the same interest in psymusic (+ we love to meet other nationalities, so we log into international forums instead of just our national ones). that was my case atleast. I have never been to a forum in my life.. But I needed to get intouch with more people like me, so i logged into isratrance.com where I met many like minded people. Also Norwegian people. To this day I am active at isratrance and psynews. Dont wanna geek to much, so those two forums is enough for me I guess :)

btw. I'v been deeply into psytrance/Goa since 2000, I'v been "forum online" for under a year.

212634[/snapback]

Now thats a fact that is not true. Thats also why some of the best productions (Now note that I am not saying BEST MUSIC, i chose productions because its about taste) come from Sweden and Denmark. Denmark and Sweden are one of the leading countries in Psy I would believe hehehehe. We have MANY parties... maybe you should look for Swedish and Danish forums, they are FILLED with people ;)

No thats not it I believe. See my other post :)

Sometimes some Greeks are just like some Isralies.  Macedonia should be allowed to be a soverign State of it's own.  Just like the endless stupid fight over a rock in the Sea (Cyprus) Greeks constantly go on and on about Macedonia.  Let them be free!

If we Scandinavians were using your logic and eternal boring references to History we would still fight among us.  Norway and Skaane (part of Sweden) back to Denmark NOW !!!!    See how stupid that is?  ;)

Get over it Greeks.  Macedonia WILL someday soon be Independant.

oghhhhhhh I better watch out... There's  quite a few Swedes here :)

212723[/snapback]

With one diffrence, most Skaane people feel like they would like to belong to Denmark hahaha :) I wouldnt mind, but I am not going to fight about it. :)

My friend Sweden and Denmark are the leading countries in internet use in the world, not even USA beats us to it. You see, we are not by far as many people in Sweden or Denmark then in the rest of the country, but percentually, we HAVE more users using the internet.

If you read the IT news and IT Facts, you will find that Sweden and Denmark are the leading countries in IT as well. Its also a fact, that we have more people hooked on the internet than in any other countries than in the world. This has nothing to do with Weather, it has to do with that Sweden and Denmark have invested a LOT of time in a good IT Infrastructure.

That's all nice and dandy, I'm just surprised that you can find more "psytrancers" out of 4 million Swedes than 30 million Germans that's all. Especially concidering that psytrance audience is most likely younger people where the differences in internet usage are probably a lot smaller than when comparing entire populations.

On a side note, Sweden I can understand but what's that about Denmark, they're barely in the top-ten: http://www.internetworldstats.com/top25.htm ;)

Also I think there's a point where the percentage gets high enough that it starts becoming meaningless. It's the point where anyone could get a connection if they want to. I mean, take my country Finland e.g. We are barely on the above list [edit: our data is two years older though, it seems], yet I can't think there's a spot in this country where you can't get connected. So I believe it's more of a cultural thing and that senior citizen are more reluctant to learn new technologies.

I checked this site with the internet penetration and it just doesn't seem right.

For my country at least, which is Israel.

Unless they are counting the Arabs in the occupied territories as well(Gaza strip and the West Bank).

I know a lot of people here in Israel (not personally, fortunately) and i hardly can think about anyone without Internet Connection. The site shows only 29% penetration which is IMHO totally wrong...

I'll dig another sources.

Edit:

That was found in their site:

2,000,000 users as of Dec./2002, 29.1% penetration, per ITU

Dec 2002 is totally un updated.

On the other site i found 42% in Aug. 2004

So it's looking better :)

Now thats a fact that is not true. Thats also why some of the best productions (Now note that I am not saying BEST MUSIC, i chose productions because its about taste) come from Sweden and Denmark. Denmark and Sweden are one of the leading countries in Psy I would believe hehehehe. We have MANY parties... maybe you should look for Swedish and Danish forums, they are FILLED with people ;)

No thats not it I believe. See my other post :)

212797[/snapback]

ok djnemo, i'm sorry. :( (And I thought I was into something good there, hehe)

Oh, and Norway is counting 5 psynews members at the moment :)

Sometimes some Greeks are just like some Isralies.  Macedonia should be allowed to be a soverign State of it's own.  Just like the endless stupid fight over a rock in the Sea (Cyprus) Greeks constantly go on and on about Macedonia.  Let them be free!

If we Scandinavians were using your logic and eternal boring references to History we would still fight among us.  Norway and Skaane (part of Sweden) back to Denmark NOW !!!!    See how stupid that is?  ;)

Get over it Greeks.  Macedonia WILL someday soon be Independant.

oghhhhhhh I better watch out... There's  quite a few Swedes here :)

212723[/snapback]

You dont have the ability to understand.So you better no reply at all.You said about the Scandinavians.Yeah alright with the difference that the Scandinavias COME FROM THE SAME RACE!In the other hand Greek race has NOTHING to do with these guys that call their country Macedonia.And not only that.These guys have NOTHING to do with ancient Macedonia.They live in another place and they come from Yugoslavic races.And what do you mean Macedonia will be indepentant?It is fuckin indepentant.Its another country.But Cyprus....wtf fuck are you talking about Cyprus??Is it just a rock in the sea?Or is it a Greek rock in the sea with Greek people living there for some thousand years?So its stupid to consider Cyprus as Greek?Not to say that the Cyprians consider themselves as Greeks.Thats all.Im wating for your funny answer.

You dont have the ability to understand.So you better no reply at all.You said about the Scandinavians.Yeah alright with the difference that the Scandinavias COME FROM THE SAME RACE!In the other hand Greek race has NOTHING to do with these guys that call their country Macedonia.And not only that.These guys have NOTHING to do with ancient Macedonia.They live in another place and they come from Yugoslavic races.And what do you mean Macedonia will be indepentant?It is fuckin indepentant.Its another country.But Cyprus....wtf fuck are you talking about Cyprus??Is it just a rock in the sea?Or is it a Greek rock in the sea with Greek people living there for some thousand years?So its stupid to consider Cyprus as Greek?Not to say that the Cyprians consider themselves as Greeks.Thats all.Im wating for your funny answer.

212832[/snapback]

I'm confused... but no, all scandinavians don't come from the same race. At least not if you count finlanders as scandinavians. And imagine Sweden and/or Russia wanted Finland to be part of their land again... bad idea.

I'm confused... but no, all scandinavians don't come from the same race. At least not if you count finlanders as scandinavians. And imagine Sweden and/or Russia wanted Finland to be part of their land again... bad idea.

212839[/snapback]

You guys dont understand something critical.We do NOT want their land.We do not care about their land or them.We do not care about what they do or say.The only problem is that the original Macedonia is northern Greece.Its the place where Alexander was born,raised,lived and fighted for.Pella,the hometown of Alexander is just some kilometers away from the city where i live(Thessaloniki).Just take a map of Greece.See where Pella is.And then see where this country now called Macedonia is.And the problem is obvious.

going off topic of your "battle" here Gnome

the city where i live (Thessaloniki).

212855[/snapback]

I was supposed to move there (Thessaloniki). I lived in Crete for 7 months working as a bartender and a DJ in 2002. And I became best friends with a greek guy called Giorgos (Tall fellow with long wavie hair, maybe you know (of) him?)

But I met a wonderful Norwegian girl who convinced me to go back to Norway and work off my dept instead of just "running" :) I did so, and I havent seen my good friend Giorgos since... Only on msn here and there.

hehe.. wonder how my life would be now if I had left for Thessaloniki instead of Norway?

hehe.. wonder how my life would be now if I had left for Thessaloniki instead of Norway?

212868[/snapback]

Depends.If you had the time and money to enjoy this town,you would have a great time!Thats 100%.So many bars,cafeterias,places to spend some free time and so many beatiful girls!So fucking many!But even without time and money,its a really cool and friendly town.Not to mention Halkidiki which is the absolute place for summer vacations with paradise beatches.And its just 1 hour away.The only problem is the traffic hehe.Driving a car here is HELL.But anyway.I always believed its better to live in your motherland.You would have a great time but sure you would have some huge difficulties with some Greek people...they are very friendly people but when it comes to money,they forgot who they are....

they are very friendly people but when it comes to money,they forgot who they are....

212882[/snapback]

hehe.. Yes, Giorgos always complained about that.

The crete people forgott about their greek humanity.. Money came in the way.. hehe.. He loved the old greek heart so much.

Money money money

The crete people forgott about their greek humanity.. Money came in the way..

212884[/snapback]

Thats the big problem that tourism faces here.I remember some years ago we had like 10mil tourists every summer.Maybe more.But then everybody started to realise that they could make a lot of money from that.And then the spirit was gone.The word "friendly" was replaced with "expensive".And the people from Crete knew well about that.Btw Crete is a GREAT place for summer vacations and not only.

Thats the big problem that tourism faces here.I remember some years ago we had like 10mil tourists every summer.Maybe more.But then everybody started to realise that they could make a lot of money from that.And then the spirit was gone.The word "friendly" was replaced with "expensive".And the people from Crete knew well about that.Btw Crete is a GREAT place for summer vacations and not only.

212893[/snapback]

not only....?

Yes, friendly got replaced with fake (I want your money, friendly)

And yes, I loved Crete (Hersonissos/Heraklion) But it's not that "greek" anymore.. Maybe the other towns.. But where I spendt most of my time.. The "money" was the most important factor. I did live there for almost 8 months. So I got lots of "native" friends and I got to know the people.. And I shit you not.. I like the Northern greek people the most.. Someone once told me.. There is to much Turkish blood in the creetion people, hehe..

B) Soon I will travel to Thessaloniki, and hook up with some nice girls and have a great time :D

I like the Northern greek people the most..

212896[/snapback]

me too B)

Soon I will travel to Thessaloniki, and hook up with some nice girls and have a great time

212896[/snapback]

Dont forget:good night life in Thessaloniki begins after midnight every day.

212832[/snapback]

First of all you should try to be a little less agressive. But hey your Greek so I guess it's in your blood ;)

Second who are you to tell me (or anyone else for that matter) that I should not reply and that I don't know anything. I am not some stupid Hobo that know squat mate. I do know about other things happening outside my own door!

Cyprus is popluated by both Greeck Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots and the Turkish Greek Cypriots do NOT consider themselves Greek. That's a fact! I never said that you should not clame your right to it. But I have seen how hateful Greeks can be toward Turks because of a stupid rock in the Sea. It just happens to be that I lived in Greece for a year so i do know a thing or two about the conflict and Greek history ;)

And yes it's a stupid conflict compared to so many other much more important things happening in the world! A liltle symphaty and understand about the other part involved would make awhole different world mate. I would say the excact same thing to a Turk ;)

About your and other of your fellow Greeks ranting about Macedonians. I really don't care about who comes from where and when. Conflicts have and will never be solved when the involved parties fanatically hide behind Historical "facts". All I care about is that some Greeks are so damn fanatic about the Macedonian issue. Maybe it's time to leave it alone and let them live their lives the way they want to?

As for Scandinavian origin I can say it's just a diverse and "colored" as any other population. None of us really originate from here. We all originate from Central/Southern Europe and only came here after the last great Iceage.

Somehow I think you failed to see the point I made about the Scandinavian issue about History and conflicts here ;)

and the Turkish Greek Cypriots do NOT consider themselves Greek.

212910[/snapback]

what is Turkish Greek Cypriots?Is it a food?

But I have seen how hateful Greeks can be toward Turks because of a stupid rock in the Sea

No no no you are wrong.First of all Greece was under slavery by the Othoman Empire for about 400 years(1453-1821).And second and most important,even now the Turks send fighting planes and stuff over Aegean sea,something that they are not allowed to do!And tell me now that they dont want to take over Aegean sea.Its gold sea for them.I remeber the prime minister of Turkey saying some years ago "if we want to take over Greece we can do it in 48 hours"...Come on!Who says that kind of stuff in the 21st century?americans maybe....

A liltle symphaty and understand about the other part involved would make awhole different world mate. I would say the excact same thing to a Turk

You should know that the relationship between two sides are getting better and better.But still there are some ultra fanatics(both in Greece and Turkey).

Maybe it's time to leave it alone and let them live their lives the way they want to?

We do!When i said we really dont care about them i meant it!But if someone says something about this matter and he is(imo) wrong,then i feel like i want to say my opinion.Thats all.Besides that posts i did,i never talk about the Macedonian matter.

That's all nice and dandy, I'm just surprised that you can find more "psytrancers" out of 4 million Swedes than 30 million Germans that's all. Especially concidering that psytrance audience is most likely younger people where the differences in internet usage are probably a lot smaller than when comparing entire populations.

On a side note, Sweden I can understand but what's that about Denmark, they're barely in the top-ten: http://www.internetworldstats.com/top25.htm ;)

Also I think there's a point where the percentage gets high enough that it starts becoming meaningless. It's the point where anyone could get a connection if they want to. I mean, take my country Finland e.g. We are barely on the above list [edit: our data is two years older though, it seems], yet I can't think there's a spot in this country where you can't get connected. So I believe it's more of a cultural thing and that senior citizen are more reluctant to learn new technologies.

212805[/snapback]

Sweden there is NO place where you cant get internet, thats a fact. in 90% of Sweden you can get 8mbit broadband. In 70% you can get atleast 10Mbit, and 50% you can have 100Mbit directly to your livingroom.

The thing is, I didnt say that you find more Psytrancers in Sweden than in Germany, I said you probably find more psytrancers on the NET from Sweden than from Germany.

For me, Germany is still a 3rd world country when it comes to Internet. They take rediculous prices and its still very slow over there.

Netherlands is really rising for good connections, but still I pay for my 8 mbit here, what I would pay for 100mbit in Sweden (in some parts).

Anyways, I think this is is going a bit off topic hehe. I dont want to state that Sweden owns or anything. Im actually a bit scared over what is happening to Sweden and its citizens at the moment. Its insejn (hehehehe) how many are hooked to the internet over there.

Just as a sidenote. NONE of my friends have a lower internet connection than 8 mbit. None of them will ever consider moving somewhere where you cant get atleast 8Mbit. Now, thats REALLY sad, isnt it? :)

Sweden there is NO place where you cant get internet, thats a fact. in 90% of Sweden you can get 8mbit broadband. In 70% you can get atleast 10Mbit, and 50% you can have 100Mbit directly to your livingroom.

213030[/snapback]

Wow man, that's insanely a lot of bandwidth....

100Mb is the speed of my network @ home...

The thing is, I didnt say that you find more Psytrancers in Sweden than in Germany, I said you probably find more psytrancers on the NET from Sweden than from Germany.

For me, Germany is still a 3rd world country when it comes to Internet. They take rediculous prices and its still very slow over there.

Netherlands is really rising for good connections, but still I pay for my 8 mbit here,  what I would pay for 100mbit in Sweden (in some parts).

Anyways, I think this is is going a bit off topic hehe. I dont want to state that Sweden owns or anything. Im actually a bit scared over what is happening to Sweden and its citizens at the moment. Its insejn (hehehehe) how many are hooked to the internet over there.

Just as a sidenote. NONE of my friends have a lower internet connection than 8 mbit. None of them will ever consider moving somewhere where you cant get atleast 8Mbit. Now, thats REALLY sad, isnt it? :)

I've been on a cheap 100Mbps for about past ten years, trying to impress me with that is futile. :)

"I didnt say that you find more Psytrancers in Sweden than in Germany, I said you probably find more psytrancers on the NET from Sweden than from Germany."

And I said that's weird because there's 30,000,000 Germans in the NET against 4,000,000 Swes. :)