CLEOPATRA

1. NOMADS

2. WASTELAND

3. INTELLIGENCE DREAM

4. ENTROPY

5. NATURAL FORCES

6. NAKED SUN

7. DESCARTES

Bill Leeb and Rhys Fulber are famous duo that stands behind famous Front Line Assembly. Beside this wild, lunatic project they started their ambient project DELERIUM at the end of eighties, specified for gothic, gloomy ambience before they made this PERFECT AMBIENT project. All of their three albums : EMBODY, DESIDERATUM, EPHEMERAL are absolute milestones in music world. I already reviewed DESIDERATUM but there were no people interested in it which I found confusing cause it is one of the best ambient albums of all time. These guys really knows how to make music. They are very talented and you can see that they are professional musicians. This albums is last Synaesthesia album and their second best after Desideratum. All songs here are absolute perfection. NOMADS is stunning, mellow, dreamy track with lots of paradise sounds and you feel like you are travelling while listening. It is like a long journey you experience from the air, looking down on unreachable fields, enjoying sun in front of you. It is perfect track for resting after strong tripping. WASTELAND is another dreamy track, with oriental melodies that sensually penetrates your brain. INTELLIGENCE DREAM is another one best on album, long, trippy melody that stretches and spiritually invocates you. ENTROPY and NATURAL FORCES are a little bit faster and the style is developed into more downtempo. NAKED SUN is another oriental bliss with gentle melodies all around and DESCARTES is pretty good finish being gently structured and very calm. Sheer perfection...Get it if you like serious music that will embrace you and take care of you after hard tripping...10/10

• 1 year later...

I really liked this album. Soft & very trippy. Needs a certain state of mind for me to fully enjoy it.

I do however feel like it could have been even better as for me track 3, intelligence dream is a lot better than the other tracks. One of the best chilled tracks out there.

SYNAESTHESIA - DESIDERATUM [2xCDs] and SYNAESTHESIA - EMBODY are even better in my opinion.. check them out too...

582260[/snapback]

Errrr, EPHEMERAL is slightly better than EMBODY...but it is all in tastes... :D

• 10 months later...

Synaesthesia - Ephemeral

Ephemeral and the Desideratum are Synaesthesia's best albums to date.

Talk about setting the mood. Damn. And Yes. Synaesthesia prove once again with this follow up to double CD Desideratum that they are no fluke.

This is strong, moody, sometimes powerful, and creative, dark and light ambient combined and influenced with and by Trance and Down-Tempo. There are strong beats and kicks at times similar but different in style to Asura's wonderful Code Eternity album. The music can be very upbeat and inspiratinal sounding and it generally falls somewhere in the middle of light and darkness which I find intriguing. There are some very dreamy tracks.

The best track on this album is Intelligence Dream, in my opinion. It's excellent, on another level compared to others. It's so well crafted with rich soundscapes, crisp sounds, melodies, mood and rhythms produced. It's sad yet beautiful, tragic yet moving... with tribal beats and voice particles.

Other tracks that instantly stand out to me as being both gripping and memorable are Naked Sun and Descartes. I heard this album before and remember enjoying the entire thing but unfortunately I need to listen to the other tracks to now in order to produce new acclaim or feedback. Those who generally enjoyed Delerium's excellent Semantic Spaces album should have this album. It's one of the finest in its class of darker Ambient or Ambient period!