Asura's new album finished

asura

3) If you'd have to choose between your daughter and your son, who would you choose? It's exactly the same thing for Code Eeternity and Lost Eden.  :)

Good answer. I wasn't expecting this answer, but I'm very satisfied with it. I actually don't know which album I like more. The second album has tracks that I like and dislike the most overall, so I find myself listening to "Lost Eden" more than Code Eternity because it has more of a "variety" in its songs, styles, and also, I heard Code Eternity the week it was available to buy Iand I've had like two years to listen to that before Lost Eden came out, and I'll find it interesting to see how your albums age!

We love the tracks we'll propose to you soon. But, well, of course, we won't never live with our music if we keep on producing album exclusively as Code Eternity or even Lost Eden. And we want to live by our music, so...

We change because our life change, because life changed us, because it's the only way for us to go on, not remain at the same place, in the same mood, because we are hungry too  :D . But well, I think our soul is the same till the beginning, so don't be afraid with that, Jon, you won't be disappointed.

212648[/snapback]

Positive words. I like your philosophy about change and how as your life changes, it effects you, feelings, moods, etc.. and thus your music. Also, just as the soul remains in the body until the end of ones life I presume, this may be a good analogy for how you relate to the soul of Asura. I mean, I think its easier to lose soul with music than with the body og course, but if the passion is there, regardless of the exterior or style, like on a person if they changed their personality but still had the same intentions and goals, dreams, ambitions... its still the same foundation and purpose, even if it "looks" or "sounds" different. Anyway, your intentions seem kind and sincere and I appreciate you taking the time to communicate with fans and other listeners of your music. I have no further questions or comments. I guess thats a good thing because I tend to write too much sometimes, and I'm making a goal to change that; to be more direct and keep things more simple and focused, less lengthy or verbose, so thanks for spending the time to go through all I asked and wrote.

Good luck with the mastering and thanks you for your answers . When you do get the currently unknown release date, please post something so everyone knows. thats all. :)

Best luck to your new album!! i see you have a religious name for your artist nick. :) is there any thought behind the choice of that name?

-

Asura (Asura-gati in Sanskrit)

The realm of anger, jealousy, and constant war; the Asura (Ashura) are demigods, semi-blessed beings; they are powerful, fierce and quarrelsome; like humans, they are partly good and partly evil.

"Fahrenheit" is such a good track, the melody is really intelligent and absolutely non-dissapointing when it evolves in such a long time (maybe it's just me but I tend to get bored sometimes when a melody goes round and round over a few bars ; ). Unpredictable notes that follows and you can clearly hear that there has been some hard work to create this beauty!

It's a great habit on this album in overall, the melodies are filled with emotions and does not follow the 'standards' of how to create a melody that is aimed to "touch". It's refreshing!

The only song i personally was "dissapointed" with about that was "Le Vol D'Icare". Just in sense of predictable melodies, when it only goes between G# and D# - the 'standard 5 halfnote difference theme' to create a 'senseful' melody. But the track itself i such a good journey anyway so that doesn't really matter in the end! And it fits really well so why mentioning it¿ :rolleyes:

Of Asura´s both albums, i like "Lost Eden" most, though the cover on 'Code Eternity' absolutely kicks ass. :)

It would be interesting too see which of these albums that has been the most "successful" one in terms of selling rates?

Due to i noticed a while ago that only "Lost Eden" was out of stock on Psyshop, maybe that doesn't have to do a thing with it, but anyway i'm a little bit curious about the rates. B)

Great work!

Thought Raindust was really cheesey...the female voice ruined the atmosphere of the track for me...I can't stand lyrics, especially from some desperate female. Lost Eden was awesome, though...no cheese there at all.

(Sorry if this is off-topic, the posts in this thread are huge and are too much to read right now. Just giving the man some feedback, is all..)

Hey, no not at all. I don't find Lost Eden and Raindust cheesy, although Raindust really does remind me of some of Moby's work with the female voices and piano tunes.

212430[/snapback]

same opinion here... moby directly popped into my mind listening to those tracks... but not that I care :) ... still in my opinion ambient never sounds cheezy to me... don't know why... my perception to critize ambient is different then with psytrance...

I liked the 'highland' feeling in the second album of asura a lot...

Hello Asura!

Great news, the second album been played not once on my stereo, i'm really looking forward to hear the new one! And about the new direction, by your works i can see the soul and the talant goes in there, i don't care about the style, for me it's good music or bad music, no styles.

B)

ND.

"Fahrenheit" is such a good track, the melody is really intelligent and absolutely non-dissapointing when it evolves in such a long time (maybe it's just me but I tend to get bored sometimes when a melody goes round and round over a few bars ; ). Unpredictable notes that follows and you can clearly hear that there has been some hard work to create this beauty!

It's a great habit on this album in overall, the melodies are filled with emotions and does not follow the 'standards' of how to create a melody that is aimed to "touch". It's refreshing!

The only song i personally was "dissapointed" with about that was "Le Vol D'Icare". Just in sense of predictable melodies, when it only goes between G# and D# - the 'standard 5 halfnote difference theme' to create a 'senseful' melody. But the track itself i such a good journey anyway so that doesn't really matter in the end! And it fits really well so why mentioning it¿  :rolleyes:

213138[/snapback]

Thanks Stuff for your constructive words, and thanks everybody to take time to wrote your impression, feedbacks, comments...

I like to discuss about music stuff, and it's very helpful for the future, be sure of that.

And what is fantastic, is that everyone has his own point of view of every single track, which mean that this album let indifferent only a few, when one's listening to it.

Thanks for your comment about Moby too and Raindust. I will now try to explain why this vocal samples are not a problem for us:

Of course, Raindust sounds like Moby. But Moby wasn't the first to use old gospel or soul samples in his music.

Of course someone likes or hates it, find it cheezy or peaceful, crappy or beautiful, it's a very polemic track in the psyambient scene, cause he has nothing to do with "psytrance" music. And we did this track partially into this aim, and we did ONE other track in the new album which is even more moby like. But well, "Moby" is not and insult for me, and I Think some of his tracks are marvellous and really emotional. That's what we are seaking first when we are doing a track, after melody: emotion. So it doesn't matter I f we don't use the very last clavia or oberheim or so, or some homemade samples completly torn, or so ... the track has to be meaningful for us while composing and when finishing, and traduct some of our emotion, in the moment, and suggest his own emotions to the listeners. This track made many people react, good Or bad, it doesn't matter!

Concerning sales, well I think it's not the place to discuss about, but all I can say is that Lost Eden was many more exposed and received many more professional reviews, almost every at least good, and so was more successfull than Code Eternity in the same exploitation period.