• Progressive Trance & Ethereal
    • Minimal Trance & Hard Techno
    • Ambient Trance & Classical
    • Downtempo & Trip Hop

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't know how yoy missed the classical elements in Simons track... Maybe you should listen it once more... :(

208825[/snapback]

Actually you're right Kailash.. I listened to the comp today after a long time. I had forgotten about Simon's beautiful track, and the Spacedrifters track has some nice piano parts too. Definitely some classical elements there.. My mistake. B)

Hey Ladic, have you heard velvet Acid Christ ? It is good combination of gothic and psychedelic, with not such good production but they had some interesting ideas. Check them out ! ;)

I dont understand what ethereal means...

other pics: Jazz + X

classical + X

samba or MPB + X

let X be either Dub chill or prog trance/house

=)

Ethereal music is like gothic music but with natural ingredients. Someone call it Darkwave Ethereal. Best example of this music is Dead Can Dance...but there are heaps of artists that make similar constructions : Switchblade Symphony, Joy Division, Ikon, Immaculate Black...so it is mostly darker warmer music that is not twisted or demented but rather peaceful and subverisve...;)

So, Bahamut, no matter how ironical you were, you would like to hear for example Alien Project and Enrique Iglesias ? Blah !!!  :o

209277[/snapback]

Actually I meant Italo Disco. Happy synthmusic from the early 80ies with vocoders and stuff. It can be very cheezy and cool at the same time.

It would be fun to mix this style with psytrance somehow. :lol:

Kailash, Gothic + Classical music is in some ways Ethereal muisc and that genre by itself has nothing to do with trance. Progressive rhythms and sounds would go great with Ethereal voices and atmosphere. ;)

arent all thos arlready done?!

Goa Trance & Experimental Electronica

Now called Minimal Psy or Finland Madhead trance hehehehe ;)

Psychedelic Trance & Acid Trance

This has been done in MASSES

Progressive Trance & Ethereal

Ok, have to admit, I dont know what Ethereal is hehe

Minimal Trance & Hard Techno

Massimo Vivona rings a bell?! :) Or check out Marco V, maybe also check out releases from The swedish Techno producers :) All done, and very nice sounding :)

Ambient Trance & Classical

OK, I AM WRONG! I dont know any groups of this genre, but I am sure there is already :)

Downtempo & Trip Hop

LoFi?! :)

Actually I meant Italo Disco. Happy synthmusic from the early 80ies with vocoders and stuff. It can be very cheezy and cool at the same time.

It would be fun to mix this style with psytrance somehow. :lol:

210390[/snapback]

Like X-Dreams new album?! :) LOL!!! :) (Hey and I love that Album!!)

You might be right djnemo, but I meant pure Goa Trance with those massive melodies with some surreal, IDM-ish conotations in between and I couldn't say that Minimal Psy represents that crossover...but you are right, Psychedelic and Acid Trance have been done ( Cosmosis, Green Nuns ) but imagine having whole genre developement and not only few albums made...and, yes I was hoping that Minimal Trance and Hard Techno already exsisted but I never came across that. I thought that Massimo Vivona is more progressive trance artist. I would more say that DEVIL FISH fits that match, I heard them live once and they blew me away and surprised me more than 50 % of trance artists and their live acts...it was easily the best TECHNO I have ever heard...Cheers

Kailash, Gothic + Classical music is in some ways Ethereal muisc and that genre by itself has nothing to do with trance. Progressive rhythms and sounds would go great with Ethereal voices and atmosphere. ;)

210642[/snapback]

Hey seraph, you opened my eyes!!!

I was tripping that gothic + classical has to do something with trance?!!

Do you think that I am idiot? I just add something beside trance, to explore more crossovers...

:rolleyes:

Hey seraph, you opened my eyes!!!

I was tripping that gothic + classical has to do something with trance?!!

Do you think that I am idiot? I just add something beside trance, to explore more crossovers...

:rolleyes:

211031[/snapback]

i would like to see a progressive trance (as in uplifting club trance, not the psychedelic progressive trance) and psytrance cross over. that would be quite sweet i would think. epic uplifting psy.

Hey OD, I think that progressive and psychedelic trance was done before : ATMOS is good example with his HEADCLEANER. Or you meant prog with acid sounds ? Like morning sounds with screaming 303 ? ;)

i would like to see a progressive trance (as in uplifting club trance, not the psychedelic progressive trance) and psytrance cross over. that would be quite sweet i would think. epic uplifting psy.

211160[/snapback]

Yeah I know what you mean, I think thats been done before, the are called... shit forgot the name of this Swedish group.... what was it?..... its damn... :huh:

ANTiLOOOOOOOOOOOOP :)

I must admit, that I really think that they are very good producers. Then again, I do not like their music too much though :)

• 1 year later...