Chi-A.D. - Earth Crossing

seraph

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave and Suntrip records should get together, they're all about the old-school thing.  Mars, you listening? :)

208643[/snapback]

Yeah, Grahf, I think that that is great idea ! Maybe they should really get in contact and see what will come...;)

208731[/snapback]

Yes. I agree. Is this possible? Suntrip? If they can do it with Sky Input why not give it a try? It will appear on psyshop, saiko sounds, etc.

I finally heard the third Chi-A.D. album and all I can say is wow. This is the BEST Chi-A.D. album to date.

This album is excellent. Some of the greatest and most beautiful, catchy bands of emotional and/or strong goatrance work and melodies I've heard in a very long time. :)

3.) This album is a Gem! It is if you listen to it in the right environment with the right quality. Its beautiful, track 6 is the only one thats not really or great on the album in my opinion. The last track is AWESOME! All other tracks are very good or great! I give this a B+ at the least! It deserves such respect and to be released. Its beautiful and a tragedy that the labels wouldn't release it, another label SHOULD RELEASE THIS. The sound of Chi-A.D. has rarely been this strong! It's like trapping a beautiful in a bottle not releasing this.

Maybe the artist has given up. Maybe. Life goes on. This album DESERVES so much attention and respect. I agree with Seraph that this may be the last goa album never released.

This is the beautiful GOA music that I miss the most. The melodies have such characater and feeling. I fear because of what happened with this not getting a release, this may be the last Chi-A.D. album we ever hear. I am both very and thankful to have finally heard it. This is the type of album I care to buy and own. This album is very special ... no further words.

Maybe it is not right to write this review since the guy decided not to release the album but I had to download it cause I was waiting for this album for ages, ever since I heard single Hammerhead back in 2001. I think that is really shameful for this amazing artist not to release his best album excluding Infintism cause it was more compilation album. His work on layers and composition is by far his bets effort, considering albums.

208297[/snapback]

:blink: Oh.. reading your review again... I noticed something, and I had originally thought that it was the labels fault that this got no release, because old school goa albums usually don't sell that that many copies anymore. So its the actual artist then?! Huh... he should release this if its in his power, why wouldn't he not have power? I mean, who cares if this sells 50 copies or 50,000? The point is that he released his work and got it out there. Is it really about the music or the money? In the end, does either really matter? All that matters is how he is remembered, which is priceless! The album is done. Its great! Truly great I agree with you! I wish he'd read this forum and see the light with this one. Its like wake up Dan!, you have fans that care about you and are aware enough to see that you are very talented. Don't let lack of sales turn you off to getting this thing out there! Lots of work and energy went into making this album! Its not to late to get it out there! Its that great!

Hey Jon, I am glad and knew you'd like it. I think that if Mars don't see this thread, but I am sure he will, someone of us contact Mars himself and ask him about it. I am very eager for this masterpiece to be released. And who knows wheter Dave still wants to release it... :unsure:

Hey Jon, I am glad and knew you'd like it. I think that if Mars don't see this thread, but I am sure he will, someone of us contact Mars himself and ask him about it. I am very eager for this masterpiece to be released. And who knows wheter Dave still wants to release it... :unsure:

211646[/snapback]

Yes, you're right! You knew I'd like this?! Thats awesome! :D

I so hope he continues to make this music! And maybe one day he'll release Earth Crossing, or not! I hope someone gets in touch with him. I wonder what the cover looks like, heh... yea cool, and I agree with you that this album is a masterpiece!

• 3 weeks later...

Have you heard his latest single, released on Boom records called SS4 Version 1.3 ? I think it is amazing piece of music and this guy, no matter the bad feedback for this album ( Earth Crossing ), still makes HIS OWN music not changing the style. I hope he never will and I hope that he'll release some album soon cause I really long for this, he is one of the best artists around...That song I mentioned is completely in his old style, without any full on bassline or pretentious new directions musicwise. Melodic all the way. Find it and enjoy...Dave, come here and read this, to see there are more people that repect your work...:)

Have you heard his latest single, released on Boom records called SS4 Version 1.3 ? I think it is amazing piece of music and this guy, no matter the bad feedback for this album ( Earth Crossing )

217352[/snapback]

A new song by Chi-A.D. called SS4 Version 1.3? I didn't know until you mentioned it! I found the two minute sample of SS4 Version 1.3 at...

http://www.boomrecords.com/label_releases.html

I didn't know he has gotten bad feedback for Earth Crossing. I mean, theres always someone who doesn't like something, but all the reviews and feedback I've read, at least the majority on these forums seems so positive. Earth Crossing is one of the greatest goatrance albums in years and I still think it should be released. What makes anyone think that a random no-name artist will sell more copies than Chi a.d.? It just doesn't seem to make any sense why they still haven't released Earth Crossing but I may as well drop it, as I realize we've all been through those talks.

No, I didn't mean whole album Earth Crossing that had a bad feedback but he released an EP with Liquid Neon Sky and Book Of Eden which got bad feedback by not being sold at all so poor guy didn't even released it cause of that. This single SS4 Version 1.3 is from Ice-O-Lator, 2003 compilation released on Boom Records. Happy hunting !

Yes, Ice-O-Lator. I was looking it up and updating my above post while you were posting too. I wonder if there are any more Chi-A.D. singles coming out in soon, like 2005. I agree that he sticks to his sound, his melodies, and I respect that too, but this track doesn't seem as hypnotic and as atmospheric and trancing and enlightening and/or as overall deep and with as much feeling, as some of his best songs on Earth Crossing and prior to that. Does that make any sense? Have you heard the entire song? Of course this is just a sample.

I hope we can some day again see singles that are great by Chi-A.D., kind of like Eye Am the Eye, Celestrial, and Exit Eternity, (My all time Chi A.D. favorite "single:) but new, top, epic, melodic, goatrance ones I would really like that, ya know?

Gotta run, bed time over here! heh, Good night to you! :)

Yes, it does sound slightly more simple than Earth Crossing, he obviously deliberatly decided to minimise his sound so he can apply it to modern listener but it is still his kick, bass line, melodies and it even reminds me a little bit on Purity, but not in melody but in structure. I have whole song and it is really beautiful...Cheers...

I got the whole album in Russia :) If anyone wants to get all the tracks from me just add me on msn or tell me to send them by e mail or upload these to the internet. I will be pleased to do so.

209482[/snapback]

i want it! :D

already added u on msn

This album is the best off 2002 beyond unify from electric universe, but i really don't understand why it was never released, it's a crime ... did we have any chance to see it released one day?

218930[/snapback]

Wow, come to think of it, you're right! :blink:

Its now 2005 and I heard Earth Crossing at the end of 2004 (although it's a 2002 album) for the first time ever! I miss music THIS creative, imaginative, beautiful, melodic, catchy, EPIC, ABSORBING and EXCEEDING in expectations! So I looked back at all the psy-trance (and maybe few goatrance) albums of 2002 and to my surprise...

Some of the best albums of 2002!

Chi-A.D. - Earth Crossing ... A-

Space Cat - Power Up ... B

Dark Soho - Cumbustion ... B

Electric Universe - Unify ... B

1200 Mics - 1200 Micrograms ... B

Astral Projection - Amen ... B- (when compared to Another World and DG)

X-Dream - Irritant ... B-

Logic Bomb - Unlimited ... B-

The best goatrance album of the entire year of 2002 was not even released ... and currently remains to be unreleased and hardly known!

:unsure::blink::unsure::blink: !!!

I can't help but feel some anger that this great album wasn't released in 2002 and sold like crazy!

Hehe, Jon, I like your enthusiasm about this album. It is exactly how I felt when I discovered the real reason for this album not to be released. But, the scene is like this these days and we can't help it obviously. And even though Goa is again appearing, I don't think that he would ever release this album because I think he decided to move on for which I don't blame him, if he got bad feedback or no feedback, then he probably have forgotten about the album by this stage cause it didn't receive proper recognition...Shame....but I hope he'd release new, even better album...

• 4 months later...

Hi to all......

My name is Andy C and I was music partner with Dave in CHI-A.D.

I have read the posts about the unreleased "Earth Crossing" album with interest and would like to comment about a few misconceptions relating to why this album was never released.

Firstly the album was finished in 2000 and consisted of 8 tracks. The tracks were mastered and ready and the album artwork was completed. We were supposed to release on Nova Tekk (Velvet Inc.) in early 2001, along with remixed 12".

However Nova Tekk informed us that they would not be releasing the album as they were more interested in promoting other acts. They also refused to pay us a large amount of money we were owed in royalties (which we never received as they went bust).

Dave and I truly believed this was a great album and tried with all labels we knew to get it released but not one label was interested, even though they knew that CHI-A.D. would sell records. There was also a problem that countless MP3's were circulating of the album which the labels said would have an effect on sales.

We have had support from Smaller labels (Ultimae, Ektoplazm - LNS 12", Midjum, Avatar) but we were unable to continue making music under the conditions we faced.

Unfortunately when no one gives you any support and you have to survive on nothing (we both had families to support) you can only continue for so long. I could tell you countless horror stories of how badly we had been treated by labels and DJ's alike but that is not the point. I am not being negative or complaing about what happened, that's just the way it goes sometimes (we have many good memories too) but for people to assume Dave and I are not bothered about this music is totally wrong.

I strongly feel that this album still stands up musically and is relevant and should be released.

However this matter is no longer in our hands. I have the original masters and I also have the finished artwork. if someone is serious about doing something with them and is honest in their intentions then lets see.....what happens!!!!

Andy C - CHI-A.D.

Hey man !!!!!!

I can't believe that you posted here !

:)

I was really FURIOUS when I heard the reasons ! OUTRAGEOUS !

I find it as the best Goa Trance release in past 5 years and what a frikkin shame they didn't do you two the justice. It exactly shows where trance culture is these days.

I am glad you are here, talk to Mars or Anoebis and try to release this BEAUTY for their label Suntrip, it would be GREAT !

Post more info...

What happend after SS4 Version 1.3 ?

Have you both collaborated on that one ? It is also extremely beautiful.

I like actually every single track by Chi-A.D, no bs...I so much respect your spiritual work...Please inform us about upcoming stuff....:)

Cheers

:D

:D

Okay.

First of all hello to y'all and my deepest respect to readers of this forum. This one is my favourite and although I'm watching it closely for about a year until now I didn't dare to post - didn't want to spoil something here. It is really creditable for most of it's reviews and the respect everyone here has for the other. Good work guys! :)

Now for the CHI.A.D album.

I'M COMPLETELY STUNNED....!

I went through this thread a hundred times when listening to this album, read all the great reviews and words of support, encouraging Chi to do something with this fantastic album.

...and now here we are. Andy C read it :D

MAN! CONTACT SUNTRIP RECORDS A.S.A.P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They release music like this - they're the last bastion still fighting to bring back the sweet sound of GOA.

I would be extremely surprised if they didn't give you the chance!!!

DON'T GIVE UP, BRO!!!!

I'M DEFINITELY ONE WHO WILL BUY IT!!!! :wub:

Cheers! :wub:

• 1 month later...

hmmm I've been a huge fan from the typical CHI-A.D. sound

it's a real shame that CHI-A.D. had to stop, while so many crappy music is released these days

I'm just wondering do You and/or dave still make any music (even just for fun?) or completely not?

Biocandy was the very first track i discovered from you guys and from that time i can only dream to hear CHI-A.D. LIVE!!!! it would be a dream that comes true...

but i fear that in this Full on days it'll stay a dream to hear CHI-A.D. LIVE, a damn shame!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I first heard Exit Eternity and Astral Warriors on the "Trust In Trance - Psychedelic Vibes 5" CD distributed by phonokol, both of these pieces stood out amongst the other 7 tracks and i started looking for more Chi-A.D. hoping to find new releases. At the time to my utmost dissapointment I didn't find anything except one-day i discovered a track called "Liquid Neon Sky", this tune absolutely blew me away! and i still listen to it almost every couple of weeks in my not so large playlist.

Lately I have started investigating where to buy Chi-A.D. music and i googled title names of their songs and released CD's such as Infinitism:Out Of Orion and Anno Domino. I found that www.psyshop.com lists them, but because NovaTekk went bust there obviously and certainly is "no stock available" from psyshop anymore. I continued searching and whenever i found an online psytrance website that listed one of their albums i've emailed them asking where and how to purchase it. Each response has been the same: "sorry we can't help you".

This is one of the saddest things that i have seen in a community (and that i have had to come to terms with). An artist that has such talent for sound manipulation going unnoticed by so many people that would otherwise find the greatest of pleasure from listening to such amazing art-work(s). In it's simplest form it is an injustice.

Yes, i'm passionate about this, i hope and have a little optimism that there is still a label out there that can re-release their work, if not that then at least a legit way of buying their albums(!) such as from an online source. I can only hope.

Thank-you for reading through my rant.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

CHI - A.D. - EARTH CROSSING

UNRELEASED
*Updated* March, 2009

1. BLACK LIGHT
2. BOOK OF EDEN
3. HAMMERHEAD
4. X-ISLE
5. TRANSPARENT SEA
6. ZERO BARRIER
7. BLUE EFFECT
8. LIQUID NEON SKY

Earth Crossing is not the type of album to listen to while on the cpu or distracted. While writing this, I paused to shut my eyes during the last track to let my consciousness take in all that I had blocked from focusing elsewhere.

1. BLACK LIGHT is an amazing, melodic streaming rocket of an opening. This track is so dymanic and loaded with movement, speed, power, energy, rhythm(s), changes in direction within direction(!) The melodies, leading melody(s), mixing and production work is ambitious, imaginative, and adventurous. This is one of the greatest, most excellent songs Chi-A.D. has ever made in my honest opinion. It's crisp, clean, fresh, powerful, and engaging throughout. I love it. A

2. BOOK OF EDEN is filled with lush, fluid waves of melodies, strong rhythm, and emotion throughout. It's one of the most emotive tracks on the album. A-

3. HAMMERHEAD is not as epic as the first two. Less traveling. The direction here is more mainstream meaning mroe linear, consistent, and predictable in direction. I personally prefer more animated, dynamic tracks free-spirited tracks like the first one for starters. This is very danceable regardless. Gentle, driving melodies. The key changes(?) from 5:50 - 6:00 are very catchy. I like when the sound is minipulated like that! Few more of those would have been great. The track lacks "fire" and powerful moments but maintains a very friendly goatrance sound and vibe throughout. B+ / A-

4. X-ISLE begins with a shifting melody begins are we introduced to a loud thud, the echoe'd signaling of the drum. Melodies are introduced like a teaser and quickly fade until soon after where they're incorporated into strengthening the flow. What begins as a tease to me at 1:48 is suddenly a strong lead. The song builds as it progresses as those familiar with Chi-A.D. know. The overall direction doesn't change much until around 4:31. Here a lush wave of ambient and melodies drift by until the water is flat and calm like a peaceful pond. Soon the bassline returns. The beat returns mixed with claps. Accentuating the beat with claps to substantiate slight depth of sound and drum rolls heighten aggression in the song. This is good and makes the song even more dance friendly. The track seems to have a great combination of rhythm and melodies. A very catchy wave of ambient flushes into the melodies at around 8:10. Overall I don't find the song as emotional as Book of Eden, as engaging with its leading as Hammerhead, or as powerful as the opening, Black Light. However I wouldn't call this weak by any means. It's actually one of the strongest (along with the previous three) songs around in the year Earth Crossing was "Unreleased." B+

5. TRANSPARENT SEA continues the more emotional wave, vibes last peeked in track 2. I really enjoy the leading melody on top of all the other melodies and co-op leading melody with supporting strong melodies! Key changes? This is a very enjoyable jouney across the ocean, built on a strong transporter. A-

6. ZERO BARRIER is my most favorite song since the first two. It's generally darker than previous pieces of art too. It begins sad, with hymns. However it pulls in its emotion at around 1:17 and gains new consciouosness. This is a very interesting song because it leaves us in the dark for the first several minutes. There are few melodies. The direction is somewhat unpredicatable. Clearly something is buidling and developing through sounds that range anywhere from atmosphere to twisting metal, the sound of a clock tower striking chords. Around 3:57 is the first key change? If you think that's good, the part from 4:10 and now until around 6:01 is excellent. I love how the music pulls in to collect power, to collect itself. Then BOOM, some serious buildup and begins which the previous three songs didn't have, at least not to this level. The song ignites past the 7:00 and carries the missile with more strength, development, and intelligence than ever before. I love the sheer pumping rhythm, melodies, buildup releasing drive here. This song is excellent! A- / A

7. BLUE EFFECT is less energized than previous songs. It gradually builds creating pools of melodies and feeling as it progresses. I love the harmonic, emotive leading melody which arrives around 5:40. This takes place for two minutes before lowering and rising yet again. I feel so positive when listening to this song. If I listen to this song individually I enjoy i more because there's less engaging moments than the general, previous songs I feel. Maybe this should have started off the album but it isn't a big deal. Such a choice would interfere with the album launching like a rocket. Blue Effect is a great emotive Goa-Trance song. It isn't as dynamic or pumped up as some of the others but it isn't going for that. B+

8. LIQUID NEON SKY is beautiful. If you don't notice this in the beginning you're right. It starts off more basic than I imagined before the melodies begin entering around 2:17. The track is excellent from the six minute forward mark, with all those great goa layers of melodies forming and rising together. This artist makes tracks that become good and then great as they progress. He develops them into excellence as if never ending as if pulling the song to heaven. There is so much feeling and emotion here. I love the sound created, like something out of a fantasy realm, another world from another galaxy. The imagination behind such art, the melodies and overall musical work here is excellent, superb. Liquid Neon Sky is a gem. A

In Conclusion, Earch Crossing is one of the most intelligent, thoughtful, imaginitive, deep, and beautiful Goa-Trance albums I've ever listened to. This artist must have been so passionate to create this. It's just bursting with emotion, love, and positive energy at times. Since the late 1990's I've loved the catchy, powerful rhythms and melody structures this artist creates. Chi-A.D. is an extremely passionate and talented artist and this is is an excellent album. This album deserves to be released! When listening to this album I feel so much more positive. I feel more free, confident, driven, and focused. I feel like the fact that anything and everything is possible is reinforced. The more you free yourself into something more aware, the more aware you become. I honestly believe that. Although I absolutely love several tracks on each of his first two albums (Virtual Spirit and Anno Domini), this is the best Chi-A.D. album to date. It's a wonderful, gorgeous piece of work and art. There are several songs on the first two albums I didn't find great or even that good. Several were excellent and great but often I felt his previous albums were a mixed bag. His best tracks generally seemed to be singles, thankfully released as a compilation on Infinitism, basically his third album. Earth Crossing changes that. It is the first album by this artist in which I fully enjoy listening to from beginning to end. Earch Crossing is my most favorite post 21st Century Goa-Trance album to date. I love it.

Favorite Tracks: All of them.

Black Light, Book of Eden, Zero Barrier, and Liquid Neon Sky however are stunning!

A-

My name is Andy C and I was music partner with Dave in CHI-A.D.

Firstly the album was finished in 2000 and consisted of 8 tracks. The tracks were mastered and ready and the album artwork was completed.

Andy C - CHI-A.D.

I wonder what became of the 8th track. unsure.gif