Chi-A.D. - Earth Crossing

seraph

Book of Eden is one of my favourite goa tracks ever. Gives me goosebumps every time. There's nothing like a thick slice of psychedelic cheese! :P

Also agree completely with Jon Cocco about Exit eternity, another kickass Chi-A.D. track that's also one of my all-time favs.

Furthermore i agree with everyone about the great "Chi-A.D. + Suntrip = <3" idea, and i sincerely promise to by a copy if it ever gets released properly. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what became of the 8th track. :unsure:

The remastered version I bought at Chi-A.D.'s website had all 8

1 - Hammerhead

2 - Blacklight

3 - Zero Barrier

4 - X-Isle

5 - Transparent Sea

6 - Book Of Eden

7 - Liquid Neon Sky

8 - Blue Effect

1 - Hammerhead

2 - Blacklight

3 - Zero Barrier

4 - X-Isle

5 - Transparent Sea

6 - Book Of Eden

7 - Liquid Neon Sky

8 - Blue Effect

Yum. :D

1 - Hammerhead

2 - Blacklight

3 - Zero Barrier

4 - X-Isle

5 - Transparent Sea

6 - Book Of Eden

7 - Liquid Neon Sky

8 - Blue Effect

Hmmm. I really want to hear that song. Also placing Blue Effect after one of the best songs on the album wasn't the best idea IMO. I wonder why your track list is different from the one on his site, which goes..

1. Black Light

2. Blue Effect

3. Book Of Eden

4. Hammerhead

5. Liquid Neon Sky

6. Transparent Sea

7. X-Isle

8. Zero Barrier

And both of those track lists above are different from mine as well, although I never had the original album. The track list below is how I've always heard the album over the years. I greatly prefer one of the best, most beautiful tracks being placed in the end even if this isn't the correct order according to this artist.

1. BLACK LIGHT

2. BOOK OF EDEN

3. HAMMERHEAD

4. TRANSPARENT SEA

5. ZERO BARRIER

6. BLUE EFFECT

7. LIQUID NEON SKY

Seraph had the same track list I've had too for all these years. I wonder why they decided to addthat X-Isle track after all this time unless we never got the original track list to begin with. :unsure:

I wonder why your track list is different from the one on his site, which goes..

1. Black Light

2. Blue Effect

3. Book Of Eden

4. Hammerhead

5. Liquid Neon Sky

6. Transparent Sea

7. X-Isle

8. Zero Barrier

You'll notice the version on the online store which you copied here is just the tracks in alphabetical order. The original zip file is on my hard disc on my computer back home so I can't check right now, but I definitely remember seeing the track list I have a few other places on the net as well. Either way, all the tracks kick ass so its not really all that big an issue I guess.

x-isle? is it unreleased, only appears on earth crossing?

X-isle is a great track, and beside from appearing on Earth Crossing, it can also be found on the following various artist compilation:

http://www.discogs.com/release/36287 :)

By the way, this is a great album, probably Dave Young's overall best work and most complete and well rounded off output, eventhough his best tracks are to be found elsewhere, IMHO! But as a whole, this is his most consistent and finest release. Flow wise, it functions just great, the tracks themselves are just amazing, plus now that is available from his website for almost nothing, there is no excuse for not having this. Hopefully, one day this will get the proper CD release it deserves. It's long overdue!

If I was to pick favorite here, it would just have to be Liquid Neon Sky, and second place would probably go to the above mentioned X-isle... Not that the rest is to underestimated, but Liquid Neon Sky is such a sweet tune. Long as the road to hell, with a very mellow and slow intro, until some of the greatest melodies Chi A.D. has crafted kick in, and fom then on it is only bliss... It really needs to be heard to be believed!

i agree, it is a shame not to have this, however, id rather have wav or flac download instead of mp :)

i contacted dave on this matter and from his reply i understood that he dont have a time for it now, only when he finds spare time, but as weve seen it hes a busy guy :D

• 4 weeks later...

Book of Eden is one of my favourite goa tracks ever.

And you know why? It has a memorable lead melody. I've seen numerous people label this track as "cheesy" because of that, all I can say is, fuck em. Book Of Eden is my favourite goa track, period. And Earth Crossing has to be one of the very best goa trance albums ever released.

At least it is finally available to buy as MP3s... I would still prefer FLAC, or - I can dream - an official remaster/reissue on Suntrip.

• 1 month later...

I agree with most of the previous post, and is outraged that such a beautiful piece of art never saw daylight as a printed album. Has there ever been a better candidate for resurrection by some label that's into goatrance? Hardly. We have already had the great pleasure to see Backfire and Transdimensional arrive in our mailboxes, and why not this one? It would be true service of goodness putting this forward. And I can hardly imagine that the sales wouldnt cover the costs. But if it that is actually the case, then it's really a pity.

• 1 month later...

i dont like mp3's either, but since its the only format available and dave made it possible for us to get it from HIS shop i paid for it and got my 320kbps quality :posford:

sure, its not flac/wav, but its worth to support music like chi-ad, especially knowing that this album has never been officially released on any other media at all and was only to be found on p2p as 192mp3 [was there 320 aswell?] and with x-isle missing for wider audience :)

For 5 GBP (around 7 Euro) I wanted at least a CD-R with a coloured covers.

For exsample, I bought from a EBM/Industrial musician his album. It was selfmade on a CD-R and the covers was coloured printed on normal paper. I paied 8 Euro and for 10 I could got it with a printed label, in high quality and the covers was printed on photo paper. I know it from metal musicians too, because they do it too.

Is that difficult, to release it on a CD-R? :unsure:

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Mindblown!! :o

This album has just now topped my every other favourite albums! I heard it couple of years ago but was too messed up to remember it. But now I just put it on as I needed a break from studies. I AM BLOWN away! Such a great album. It filled me with so much joy, that I want to dance around, jump around, wake everyone up (its 4.30 am!) and make them listen to this beauty :) WOW!

Read the whole topic. It's such a shame that it's not released! :( I know it's blasphemy but this would kick even etnica/Pleadians re-releases in their ass! It's that great (IMO)

Fede, Anoebis - why couldn't you guys make it happen?

Don't you guys think it's great? :|

I don't understand, if any album deserve a proper release. IT'S THIS!

• 1 year later...