UNRELEASED

1. BLACK LIGHT

2. BOOK OF EDEN

3. HAMMERHEAD

4. TRANSPARENT SEA

5. ZERO BARRIER

6. BLUE EFFECT

7. LIQUID NEON SKY

Maybe it is not right to write this review since the guy decided not to release the album but I had to download it cause I was waiting for this album for ages, ever since I heard single Hammerhead back in 2001. I think that is really shameful for this amazing artist not to release his best album excluding Infintism cause it was more compilation album. His work on layers and composition is by far his bets effort, considering albums. His first album VIRTUAL SPIRIT was pretty nice debut with some very nice songs ( THE OCEAN ALSO DREAMS, ASTRAL WARRIOR, SERPENT'S FIRE, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY ), then comes ANNO DOMINI which was great album, more dark and moody but still great. In the mean time he released numerous singles which were his best work ( EYE AM THE I, EXIT ETERNITY, PURITY, BEYOND THE SINGULARITY ) before he released his best compilation album INFINITISM. After that he decided to quit making music due to embarassingly low number of EP's he sold before releasing this album. I mean, 50 sold EP's aren't enough for releasing whole album cause he didn't want to loose money. Conclusion is that GOA IS DEAD and DJ's don't care about that genre anymore. So, I can say that this could be the last goa trance album NEVER released. Now, about the tracks : BLACK LIGHT is amazing pure psychedelic goa trance piece. It is one of the best songs on this album with endless layers of melody stretching forever, trancing you out completely. It is Chi-A.D. style and in this song he developed melodic construction to the highest levels. BOOK OF EDEN is another great one, for someone might be cheesy, for me it is not cause I love those gentle melodies with strong kicks and bass he is using. I like that blend of hard sounds and gentle melodies. The name of the song says everything, simply amazing. HAMMERHEAD is very known single and it is also extremely good and trippy. TRANSPARENT SEA was also previously released on Goa Head compilation and it is typical Chi-A.D. again with layers and layers of melodies and psychedelic effects. ZERO BARRIER is another goa trance bliss. Concrete and to the point. Then comes BLUE EFFECT, long, driving song, maybe the weakest on album but certainly not bad or average, just not so wide as others. And then comes another released track LIQUID NEON SKY, also from Goa Head series and another one best here. All in all, GREAT ALBUM. perfect for old school lovers. I think that everyone that like old goa trance genre would adore this album. If it wasn't right from me to post review about this album, I don't mind moving it from here. I just had to share this with those old school lovers and they know who they are. If Dave Young has nothing against downloading this brilliant piece cause it is waiting to be heard for almost 3 years, then I suggest you to do it, cause it is really worth it...10/10

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two of the tracks (Liquid Neon Sky,Transparent Sea) and they are awesome!!! I'm sure it's a greaaat release.

BTW Seraph, is there any release you DON'T own?

Actually the word release is wrong since it never been released. :)

Well, Ormion, I am doing my best in collecting all the quality music I can, considering I am into trance for 9 years. Actually, I got too obsessed with this music and now I can't walk away. Isn't the point of trancing entrancing ? I dug too deep in trance and started considering it too seriously. It's like my second life...Heh

I don't know anyone in person, but there are 2 guys on this site that have more than me : djnemo and ukiro. But they have been professional dj's for years, I am only the listener. ;)

CHI - A.D. - EARTH CROSSING

UNRELEASED

1. BLACK LIGHT

2. BOOK OF EDEN

3. HAMMERHEAD

4. TRANSPARENT SEA

5. ZERO BARRIER

6. BLUE EFFECT

7. LIQUID NEON SKY

Maybe it is not right to write this review since the guy decided not to release the album but I had to download it cause I was waiting for this album for ages, ever since I heard single Hammerhead back in 2001. I think that is really shameful for this amazing artist not to release his best album excluding Infintism cause it was more compilation album. His work on layers and composition is by far his bets effort, considering albums. His first album VIRTUAL SPIRIT was pretty nice debut with some very nice songs ( THE OCEAN ALSO DREAMS, ASTRAL WARRIOR, SERPENT'S FIRE, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY ), then comes ANNO DOMINI which was great album, more dark and moody but still great. In the mean time he released numerous singles which were his best  work ( EYE AM THE I, EXIT ETERNITY, PURITY, BEYOND THE SINGULARITY ) before he released his best compilation album INFINITISM. After that he decided to quit making music due to embarassingly low number of EP's he sold before releasing this album. I mean, 50 sold EP's aren't enough for releasing whole album cause he didn't want to loose money. Conclusion is that GOA IS DEAD and DJ's don't care about that genre anymore. So, I can say that this could be the last goa trance album NEVER released. Now, about the tracks : BLACK LIGHT is amazing pure psychedelic goa trance piece. It is one of the best songs on this album with endless layers of melody stretching forever, trancing you out completely. It is Chi-A.D. style and in this song he developed melodic construction to the highest levels. BOOK OF EDEN is another great one, for someone might be cheesy, for me it is not cause I love those gentle melodies with strong kicks and bass he is using. I like that blend of hard sounds and gentle melodies. The name of the song says everything, simply amazing. HAMMERHEAD is very known single and it is also extremely good and trippy. TRANSPARENT SEA was also previously released on Goa Head compilation and it is typical Chi-A.D. again with layers and layers of melodies and psychedelic effects. ZERO BARRIER is another goa trance bliss. Concrete and to the point. Then comes BLUE EFFECT, long, driving song, maybe the weakest on album but certainly not bad or average, just not so wide as others. And then comes another released track LIQUID NEON SKY, also from Goa Head series and another one best here. All in all, GREAT ALBUM. perfect for old school lovers. I think that everyone that like old goa trance genre would adore this album. If it wasn't right from me to post review about this album, I don't mind moving it from here. I just had to share this with those old school lovers and they know who they are. If Dave Young has nothing against downloading this brilliant piece cause it is waiting to be heard for almost 3 years, then I suggest you to do it, cause it is really worth it...10/10

208297[/snapback]

hey where can i download this i have all of daves stuff except this one

Zero Barrier is EXACTLY the kind of Goa music i love the most,,,deep and atmospheric.

208317[/snapback]

Yep Zero Barrier is amazing track.

Does anyone have a CD quality version of this album or is the mp3 all there is? I'd highly appreciate a lossless FLAC rip e.g.

Some of the songs were released on later Nova-Tekk compilations so do some digging... hmm, gotta dig up Andy's email again (lost it in a crash - argh!) to see what might happen with the album, but I don't think its ever going to come out. Indeed it is one of the finest post-millenial Goa trance albums, and a real shame that it never was commercially released.

I threw some of my own money at this lost album and put Liquid Neon Sky & Book of Eden out on vinyl two years ago, and if anyone would like a copy just contact me privately!

OMG I've wanted to hear this album for years!

I actually remember posting a thread asking "What the hell happened to Chi-A.D's Earth Crossing," back in 2003 in the general forums.

I wish Chi-A.D. would sfind a different distributer, one willing to market his music, this album, since their has to be at least hundreds, thousands of people who like his stuff enough to buy it. The point is to get it out there regardless if you make a decent or good amount of money or not. This album deserves to be bought.

There is still "oldschool' GOA being created, produced, marketed, and distributed (Binary Sky anyone?) Right? I never quite understood why they'd just leave "Earth Crosing" on some shelf to collect dust when they could MAYBE SELL it independently over their own site and through top psytrance shops on line. Ch-ad is one of the greatest goatrance artists of all time!, I own his two released, main albums. Some of his tracks are just so deep, powerful, melodic, dreamy, awesome!!! Exit Eternity was one of the first epic-goa sounding tracks that totally blew me away when I first heard it! Those melodies are so catchy and beautiful! And I want this album so much! I'd so order this album this second if it was available!

Hey Jon, I would also buy this album instantly cause it is that good. As I said before in this thread, I downloaded on Soulseek, few months before so I am enjoying in it for months already. Unfortunately he is never going to officially release it. :( Good luck in seraching and enjoy in it as much as possible...;)

Pure old school! Liquid neon sky is THE track, on the whole i find this album so psychedelic, especially Book of Eden, the melody is cheesy but the sounds in it are one of the most psyche i have ever heard! Really impressive!

208759[/snapback]

All web shops don't sell it, is it coming soon, when?

Heh, Ale, it seems you haven't read whole thread, this album is UNRELEASED and is never going to be released ! He made songs back in 2000, 2001 and made it ready to release it in 2002 and he never managed to do it, so the printing is cancelled and you could only download album.

I really don't know about this one. I listened to it back in 2002 and I didn't enjoy it then, and I still don't like it. To my ears almost all tracks are too cheesey, but I guess that's the Chi A.D. sound some like.

Not my cup of tea.