Psyparties = fashion contest :(

Daffy

sometimes evolution sux

what do you think of that the goa/psy parties has evoluted in ways of fancy clothing and eyeballing each other just like a fashion contest it almost feels like the clothes is more importent then the music , im sick of it for me the parties stand for great artist and music ,fun lovin people, freedom and an open mind and just havin super duper fun , why why why , by the way i live in sweden and mean especially the parties here , is it the same everywhere or what ??? :(:blink::huh::unsure::angry:

I quit bothering me about those evolutions... that's just the way it is... In my country goa has gone hip & commercial too and then the process what you describe is present...

it's just life & there is no cure for life my friend... there's only memories of how it was before, but that's what connect's people who knew what it's like back in the days...

don't let they influence you in a negative way... this is no one's fault... it just happens... it's the evolution of life & the kapitalism & commercial society we live in also affects the goa scéne...

just sending you positive vibes & hope you'll see it just like I do... trust me I got pissed of too, watching how everything changed... <_< ...

don't worry be happy :D

no problem :)

if you really love psytrance just like I do (and I believe you do otherwise you wouldn't get so up set about those negative evolutions in your country psy scéne)... then this love will overcome this hype and you'll expierience goa more on your own dreaming how it was ;) ...

maximum respect sending back to you...

peace B)

I completely agree with you Seraph..

however i don't think the vibe is gone.

Yes most of the big psytrance parties (depending where you live) are like Daffy described, but these people are the new people, coming for a fashion (not all of them, never generalise!) ..

The pur Psytrance lovers are still up there somewhere, and very often in small little underground parties you see just that, like the old days.. Happy people everywhere, smiles everywhere, people being themselves everywhere, people there for the love of the music.. They're still out there, we're still out there !!

For example i went to a very small party this summer in the middle of the woods, we had to drive like an hour and a half on a logging road to get there.. really in the middle of nowhere, but surounded by mountains all around, it was so pretty.. It was at 2-3 hours away from the big city around here.. And the people that were there were ALL truly psytrance lovers, ALL very nice people,very profound.. It was awesome ! Ok maybe those are rare, but when they happen ohh you enjoy every moment you live it !!

i agree !

i don't know if you meant to make me fit the hat, but i never said i knew what was good for my scene, i know what is good for me, what kind of party I like ..

Personnally i don't like parties where there's a lot of superficial people, staying in small groups and not talking to anybody, looking at your weird if you got anything different from others .. Where happiness is an illusion, where love is fake..

some might like it, not me ..

sometimes  evolution sux

what do you think of that the goa/psy parties has  evoluted in ways of fancy clothing and eyeballing each other just like  a fashion contest it almost feels  like the clothes is more importent then the  music , im sick of  it  for  me the  parties stand  for great artist and music ,fun lovin people,  freedom  and an open mind and just  havin super duper fun , why why why , by the way i live in sweden and mean especially  the  parties  here , is  it  the  same  everywhere  or  what ??? :(  :blink:  :huh:  :unsure:  :angry:

207510[/snapback]

Haha, reminds me of when Glenn and me used to show up at Psy parties with a crate of beers wearing a t-shirt and jeans (I mean, we looked SO missplaced). But as long as I can remember back, it has always been somewhat hippy fashion on the parties, but it never bothered me. (I like what the girls are doing with their hair and the kind of clothing they have). I wont dress diffrently though....

LOL I even came to a party in Copenhagen once (at stengade) and they would not let me in saying "tonight is not hiphop night" which I replied to "Well, I am here to play PSYTRANCE, can you please let me in?!". He had to get the owner of the place to confirm I am Nemo, because he didnt want to let the wrong people in. I mean COMON, he saw I had some 100 Records with me, thats not something you just Dragalong to a party!! hahahahaha so now you probably got a good picture of my looks anyways ;)

I love having a bassball cap, because I am getting more and more bald, and its frikking cold! :)

It also annoys me that more and more 'psy' people complain about stupid things like clothes! <_<

Openminded my ass! let other people wear what they want to wear! I don't give a shit if someone is walking around in expensive hiphop clothing or just 2 pieces of garbageplastic.. it's about the music and the atmosphere created by nice people!

Sorry Aenobis, I maybe overreacted there, but here ins sweden there are some people wearing spce tribe clothes just because its cool and dont even like the music. I meant that  :D

207543[/snapback]

Yes, I remember in Sweden there were several girls wearing furry fluoro boots, I had never seen them before, and in Sweden they were everywhere :)

But like others said, don't judge people on clothes... And well, I wear mostly fluoro clothes (space tribe and others), but I'm in the scene for 6 years now so it's not because of coolness :P I'm just one of those lost hippies :)

Sorry Aenobis, I maybe overreacted there, but here ins sweden there are some people wearing spce tribe clothes just because its cool and dont even like the music. I meant that  :D

207543[/snapback]

I prefer fluro clothes a 1000 times more than what's going on in DEnmark. Just take a look at this picture. This is basically how people look like at the Danish parties these days. Now thats Candy! Horrible!

Candy Rave ano 2004 - Copenhagen

Reminds me a bit at the Streetparade in Zürich. A lot of people try to dress as hillarious as possible. I have to admit that for a special day like Streetparade it is funny to watch. But if the majoritiy at psy parties would always dress like that I wouldn't enjoy it...

Shorts or jeans (depending on the weather) and a t-shirt always worked fine for me – I can’t imagine that putting on some fancy clothes would give me a better experience of the music. But ok, taste differs.

I prefer fluro clothes a 1000 times more than what's going on in DEnmark.  Just take a look at this picture.  This is basically how people look like at the Danish parties these days.  Now thats Candy!  Horrible!

Candy Rave ano 2004 - Copenhagen

207599[/snapback]

Sorry EP, I have been to some parties in Denmark, and I have only seen 1 wear that kind of clothes Why?

I have seen people wear fluorescent clothes, and it is not that bad. But I don't like, when people show up in a neongreen all the way. It looks ridiculous in my opinion.

Take care now...

Sorry EP, I have been to some parties in Denmark, and I have only seen 1 wear that kind of clothes Why?

I have seen people wear fluorescent clothes, and it is not that bad. But I don't like, when people show up in a neongreen all the way. It looks ridiculous in my opinion.

Take care now...

207613[/snapback]

LOL BACK TO THE 80's!