How much Goa do you listen to?

SpaceTime2012

Just wondering how many times a day or week do you listen to GOA music :) and when do you usually listen to it?

well anyway I usually listen to GOA on a daily basis, mainly when I'm in the car, playing video games, or just chillin in the room and it averages out to about maybe 2 hours a day of GOA is that a lot or is it average? oh yeah and it depends on my mood too. like if im mad ill listen to fast pumpin goa but if im in a good mood ill listen to chillout or slower paced goa. just wondering how much and when do u guyz listen to it? JUST WONDERING....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I wake up I put on some music. Then I go to school, listening to music. When I come home from school, I put on some music, and it is playing till I go to sleep.

So, don't know how many hours this is.

But as SpaceTime2012 said, it depends on which mood. But I only listen to xxxx-trance.

hmmm... I don no!!! But I listen to psychedelic music about 24/7 acctuly (exept at work that is = 8 hours). And when I sleep, I always have my internet radio on. And then it's chilling music at di.fm or I just drift away with the DroneZone channel. btw. It sais that the DroneZone channel is safe with all "medications" :rolleyes:

I am addicted to the psychedelic.. Dont care if its chilling, trippin or pumpin' I just need psychedelic tones all the time... Hmmm... What about rock? psy is eating more and more and more of my rock listening time :ph34r:

I listen to music about 10-14 hours per day. Since I sleep for about 8 that means I spend only around 2-6 hours per day not listening to music. I am lucky enough to have a job where I can wear headphones =)

The percentage of that time dedicated to goa trance depends of several variables - mood that particular day, how much I've listened to goa recently (even I sometimes get a bit fed up), wether I just got a load of new records, if I have a DJ gig coming up, etc...

I have this rule that I never put a record in the shelf before I've played it through all the way at least once. Since I buy on average one record every day it starts to pile up fast if I listen to old records for a few days. Then I'll be forced to catch up to clear out the heap of recent arrivals. Those days it can be nearly 100% goa/psy for 10-14 hours, especially if I've recieved a few larger parcels. Sometimes when I make bulk purchases it takes me over a week to listen through everything (but then I usually break the monotony with some other genres every few hours).

But to answer the original question - goa trance is the dominating genre in my collection and thus also in what I listen to. But I think it's just over 50%, so say 5-7 hours per day then.

At work I have to listen to the radio if my co-worker is around. So no goa for me at work. I would say I listen to goa for an average of 2 hours a day.

How much time? Enough :)

Hehehe ... okay, I can't really say how many hours. And it really depends on my mood aswell (I guess that's the case with everyone), but maybe 2 hours a day of psychedelically touched music (whether it's GOA, progressive, techtrance or ambient doesn't matter) are average. There are days where I go running and listen to psy and so it's more time, but there are also days where I hardly listen to psy at all. So it really depends...

Since I buy on average one record every day....

207304[/snapback]

hehe.. what!?!? Damn you either have a really cheap record store at the corner of your house. Or your just loaded and you dont eat food :P

Because I spend about 120 US on albums pr month. And that is enough. Because I need to buy other stuff as well.. you know, food, clothes, drugs, fun, dvd's ect ect. Acctully.. I have so many bills now. That I have to cut my album shopping a tad. hmmm .. Now this is what I call offtopic. :ph34r:

sorry, please continue your discussion :rolleyes:

it depends... sometimes it could be 10-12 hours a day (basically I sit in front of my PC, stroll through various sites and listen to music all day that's also the time when I'm "inspired" for writing reviews). When in my car it's 100% goa so depending on how much I travel by car it could be anything from 30 mintues to 4 hours (last year I had to commute every day, I actually was happy when there was a trafic jam cause it left me more time to listen to my music ;) )

Then again, some days I'm not so lucky, have to go out and do stuff so then I listen considerably less... and then there are whole weeks, even months when I'm so put down by new releases that I stop listening to the genre completely unless at parties/ festivals (had such a "dry spell" last summer).

Then again, some days I'm not so lucky, have to go out and do stuff so then I listen considerably less...

207317[/snapback]

hehe.. so your dream day involves just laying back and listening to psy..? :)

i kinda know what you mean though

The first 3-4 years of my goa expierence ;) I listened to goa all day long, 7days/7days and even sometimes stayed at home for it...

now the latest 2 years some things have changed in my life...

my girlfriend lives here (6 months) and the goa magic isn't that present anymore (2 years) so I only listen to goa when I'm trying to mix some tracks... That's in the basement where I can put the music as loud as I want :D ... My girlfriend isn't that much a goa lover and goa can get's really annoying when you are with two persons having a conversation...still it's the best music to fill a room when you are alone...

some days I don't listen to goa at all, some I'm busy 4 hours... It depends on my mood I think and If I discoverd some new tracks that are my style... Example wheh the lani album was released my average 'goa a day' was higher then the week before...

I would say I listen one album a day and at the end some psychedelic chillout with the lady :) ...

Just wondering how many times a day or week do you listen to GOA music :) and when do you usually listen to it?

well anyway I usually listen to GOA on a daily basis, mainly when I'm in the car

207210[/snapback]

Wow! How can you listen Trance when you drive? You are danger for the whole trafic :P I can only imagine listen some commercial electronic, otherwise i can not concentrate and will crash :blink: Of course trip is one of best way to allow Trance music tuch you and then you start trip not just physical, but most of all you take spiritual travel "travel without move" :rolleyes:

Anyway how much Goa i listen? NOT ENOUGH! Always i can i do :) of course sometimes i try something new(not only trance, but in most cases). There's always some new Goa stuf B)

it depends.. some times of my life I listen to a lot of other types of music...

lately though, I´ve been listening to, say, 4-5 hours a day, mainly chill/ambient stuff, and some progressive too...

hehe.. what!?!? Damn you either have a really cheap record store at the corner of your house. Or your just loaded and you dont eat food :P

Because I spend about 120 US on albums pr month. And that is enough. Because I need to buy other stuff as well.. you know, food, clothes, drugs, fun, dvd's ect ect. Acctully.. I have so many bills now. That I have to cut my album shopping a tad. hmmm .. Now this is what I call offtopic.  :ph34r:

207313[/snapback]

Hehe... I spend about 200-400 euro on records every month. I have no savings accounts, I have old clothes and I neither smoke nor drink alcohol or do drugs... ALL my money goes to records. Most of the stuff I buy these days is second hand - eBay is like a drug! So I don't pay full price usually, but sometimes I have to pay upwards of 100 euro for a single record... but that only happens like twice a year, because there are only a few records in the entire world that I still don't have and that I'm willing to pay that much for. So at 10 euro per record, I get one per day with this budget.

And to get back on topic - I too live with my girlfriend these days and that adds some other music to the blend. She's a music maniac too (ofcourse ;) and while she has some goa in her collection she also listens to a lot of IDM, noise and power electronics.

hehe.. so your dream day involves just laying back and listening to psy..?

well I have to admit it gets boring in the long run... I guess I'd like it better if I did it while lying on a beach and watching the beautiful scenery :)

Wow! How can you listen Trance when you drive?

yeah actually I tend to prefer progressive/ minimal stuff when I drive to full-on madness... But i have absolutley no trouble in blasting psy full volume and keeping the legal speed limit (actually since gas is expensive in my parts, I tend to do around 110 km/h on the highway when the legal speed limit in Belgium is 130...)

I'm the same way, I love goa when driving... Early mornings though I like only ambient or no music at all...

Overall I listen to maybe 30 minutes a day...

A couple notes:

- I like silence a lot, the peace of my mind and such...

- When I'm depressed I don't care for music at all..

- I just made myself not listen to any electronica for 2 weeks for an experience of relativity.. Renewed my appreciation a bit..

- The less I listen to goa in general the more I'm excited about it (but I like to listen a lot too - it's a balancing act)

- After a good time with relatives or friends I love listening to goa driving home... Really euphoric then...

- I keep trying to make myself listen to 1 track an evening on headphones before bed, but often I just want to go to sleep..

Early mornings though I like only ambient or no music at all...

that's odd, when I commuted daily (meaning that usually I was already in my car by 7:30 AM) I found that NOTHING got me going better than some killer oldschool!! I'd wake up with a frown then walk through the rain to my car still feeling sleepy, then I'd put in some old Etnica or the likes and I'd instantly feel awake and have a big smile on my face :)

MUCH better than a cup of coffie if you ask me :)