best ambient?

MIT

If you want to get hypnotized: Klaus Schulze - Der Lauf der Dinge

According to the liner notes from the Historic Edition he made it when he just got the big Moog modular. I think it's just a test run.

One simple sequence, some subtle changes and extremely powerful sound probably make it the most hypnotizing EM ever ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VA - Another Life

207347[/snapback]

big time... especially track 07 - Psy Sex - Survival Kit (Koopa Troopa's dub mix)....

what a perfect ambient melody... just the way I like it :D

Just expanding on your awesome list there Garguille and all others

Arbakus

Aural Planet

Astralasia

Bluetech

Children of Dub

Makyo

Quaid

Steffe

Brian Eno

Der Spyra

Dub Trees

Enteogenic

Grey Area

Kaya Project

Moonlake

Nomads of Dub

Nitin Sawhney

NooDreem

The Orb

Patchwork

Solar Fields

The Infinity Project (some)

Toires

Total Eclipse (some)

Walter Ego

Vibrasphere

Waterjuice

Younger Brother (some)

man I love psychedelic chill

:D

kathmandu im gonna look into that. thanks. oh, and thanks for leaving shpongle aside :)

Nothing tops that.

right now for me, Shulman comes 2nd. .brilliantly executed and compiled - no faults

Shpongle, of course, FSOL - Dead Cities or Life Forms, Total Eclipse - Relaxation, T.I.P Crew Mystery Of The Yeti, Delerium, Synestesia, some Chill Out compilations (like Vol. 6), Banco De Gaya - Last Train To Lhassa, some Platipus Ambient, MWNN - Azimuth...

• 1 year later...

After a big party I'd like to chill to

1st : Androcell - Efflorescence, Shulman (either of the 1st 2 albums) or Shpongle are you Shpongled?

2nd : Butterfly Dawn on Liquid Sound Design

3rd : Tripswitch - Circuit Breaker

4th : Pete Namlook & Mixmaster Morris - Dreamfish

Finally : Gus Till - Electric Oceans

When I wake up I'd like to hear Abakus - That Much Closer To The Sun

its something from my old teen days, but i always have to reccomend it, "raison d'etre" the production is nothing like youve heard in ANY psy ambient, yet i think it is deep and mystical as fuck!!!!!!!!!! theres a whole new level of deepness, emotion and mysticism never heard in any psybient artist before!

think of shpongles suadate pt 2, or the most ambient moments of mystery of the yeti, but much more hypnotic and mystical!

raisondetre.coldmeat.se

its something from my old teen days, but i always have to reccomend it, "raison d'etre" the production is nothing like youve heard in ANY psy ambient, yet i think it is deep and mystical as fuck!!!!!!!!!! theres a whole new level of deepness, emotion and mysticism never heard in any psybient artist before!

think of shpongles suadate pt 2, or the most ambient moments of mystery of the yeti, but much more hypnotic and mystical!

raisondetre.coldmeat.se

510190[/snapback]

"coldmeat.se" ... hehehe...

Raison D' Être is dark ambient ... and for people who like that there's quite a lot to discover on Coldmeat ... ranging from some gothic-touched stuff over medieval soundscapes over sick asylum/cathacomb melodies up to pure noise. Cold stuff!

Anyway, my favourite ambient artists are:

Makyo

Carbon Based Lifeforms

Aes Dana

Solar Fields

Puff Dragon

Banco De Gaia

Tangerine Dream

Klaus Schulze

And Sephiroth / Ulf Söderberg for dark ambient!

the infinity project - mystical experiences

saafi brothers

the (fahrenheit project) series

EoN project

fsol - isdn

amorphous androgynous

shpongle

yeti 1+2

robert leiner

nor elle

ps:the comming (Oxycanta) album on ultimae records sounds really cool.give it a listen :)

ive never understood how raison detre is dark... mystical yeah, but not really dark... and sephiroth is some of the best tribal ambient i ever heard!

510990[/snapback]

Raison D'Être would classify as dark ambient IMO. It's mystical, but still in a dark way (The Slow Ascent for example) ... and there are also some more melancholic pieces (Mesmerized In Sorrow for example). It's not as dark and sick and that as other artists in that genre, but still.

Seconded what you said about Sephiroth!

You did know that Ulf Söderberg is the same guy, did you?

Raison D'Être would classify as dark ambient IMO. It's mystical, but still in a dark way (The Slow Ascent for example) ... and there are also some more melancholic pieces (Mesmerized In Sorrow for example). It's not as dark and sick and that as other artists in that genre, but still.

Seconded what you said about Sephiroth!

You did know that Ulf Söderberg is the same guy, did you?

511638[/snapback]

i just found that out a couple days ago! yippy!!