2. Twisted System – Mad Method

3. The Misted Muppet – Prince Of Darkness

4. Artifakt – Nosferatu

5. Phyx – Hounds Of Hell

6. Tickets – The Pre-Determination

7. Rastaliens – The Secret Side

8. Triskell – Here Knows When

9. Slug – Encoded

1. On the paper the combination between Azax & Toxic didn’t attract me much as i’m not a big fan of Azax. This opinion get radically changed while listening to Rain, let’s just say the track (heavy rocking feeling plus facetious melody) is bubbling over with energy ; the pressure-cooker is about to whistle.

2. Twisted System keep going with their pachydermic psychedelic trend. The springboks trio is back, leaving their rugby balloon out but keepin their strenght,stamina & strategy in order to drive you crazy ; beware , Mad Method could generate more injuries than a classical rugby match to your ears.

3. The Muppet have done another track in the style of their ‘From The Legend’ album, if you still don’t know their sound it’s psychedelic full on with a medieval touch. In my mind, Prince Of Darkness got the level of Cat Visions and Might & Magic which are my 2 favorites from their album.

4. As Artifakt cooked a warm evilish musical texture in his boiling cauldron, i dig this one more than his usual productions i’ve heard recently. You got a rendez-vous with Nosferatu, don’t miss it or be late (the guy never has people when the sun is set) coz he won’t miss your blood if you put him in a bad mood.

5. Phyx also called the best friend of dogs, makes us penetrate in a classical day-work of Cerbere in his track. So, you’ll listen dogs running after souls which are trying to escape outside the gates of hells, what a mess lots of glass broken all along the running pursuit.

6. I enjoyed The Debt from Tickets as much as i don’t like this new one. I don’t feel anything from listening to The Pre-Determination, neitheir real conviction nor soul.

7. Still in the thema ‘Artists aren’t always creative or inspired’, now the Rastaliens case. They’ve done what i call a ‘masked no idea’, it just consists in composing a fast track which is its main caracteristic. I was expecting much more from Rastaliens.

8. The track doesn’t start correctly for me as i can’t stand anymore these autotune effects in psytrance. Furthermore i find the track’s harmony to be a real chaos, not clear at all according to me.

9. Slug proposes a finer production with sweet woolly layers in the background bathing in a barking choral atmosphere plus a technoish hint. I’m also fond of the unexpected rupture at 6’16.

Highlights :1,3,4,9

Mark :7,5/10

I really love this compilation!

Full on groove and pounding with acts Triskell and Twisted system!.

And even if you found the song 'Triskell - Here Knows When' boring... that's weird imo cause it's a dancefloor killer!

Other tracks are good too! no fillers are used imo

Favs 1,2,7,8

Overall: 8.5 ! almost every song is nice in its own way :)

• 5 months later...

So it seems it's just me who thinks that these timecode releases are getting too repetative... Only interesting tracks on their compilations I can find are either Artifakt or Twisted System or both...

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

IymyPpd.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: The Turning

Label: Timecode Records

Date: December, 2004

1. Azax Syndrom vs Toxic – Rain
2. Twisted System – Mad Method
3. The Misted Muppet – Prince Of Darkness
4. Artifakt – Nosferatu
5. Phyx – Hounds Of Hell
6. Tickets – The Pre-Determination
7. Rastaliens – The Secret Side
8. Triskell – Here Knows When
9. Slug – Encoded

"Before recorded history man had a relationship with drugs."

UUrVcsP.gif

Yes but now we've damn near perfected it.

In 2004 the Timecode label wasn't yet the iconic brand that it is today, but the seeds were planted. While not heavy with the acid that would become one of their trademarks the dark themes and atmosphere are all over this release. Tracks like Nosferatu by the Artifakt showcased delicious samples that were perfectly placed. This compilation was perhaps a roadmap that would illustrate how full-on with dark overtones could be made. Over the years even though it has lost some steam there are still some good tracks too be found here.

Timecode Bandcamp

Mdk