Unkown Compilation!

SpaceTime2012

Hi I was at my local record store the other day and I picked up an interesting GOA compilation CD It is called Future SOund of GOA '99 by STORM Records. Did anyone ever hear of storm or this compilation because I couldnt find any info on it on the internet, the album art is colorful with an Indian meditating elephant.

HERES THE TRACK LISTING

1. Tsuyoshi_Sabaku

2. Power Source_GOAway

3. Doof_Born Again

4. Bass Chakra_230,000 Miles(Inspire Mix)

5. Prana_Boundless

6. Astral Projection_Time Began With the Universe(Another Time Mix)

7. Legal Mission_Alchemy

8. Rythmystec_Plasmatik

9. Quirk_robotised

10. Mumble_Blart

11. 100th Monkey_Spiritus

12.Useless_In Dub v. 1.0

13 Astralasia_Beyond the Astral Deme(Black Hole Mix)

Is this a homemade compilation that just happened to be in a record store?? anyway with all those tracks what would you rate it??

Looks like it's almost all Matsuri tracks, so it could be some license deal. There were plenty of those around that time. Haven't heard of this particular one before though.

thanks for the reply ukiro, just wondering Reading the trax What rating would you give it

206591[/snapback]

These are all good, early matsuri releases (well except for 1, 7, 12 & 13 which I think were never on Matsuri) but none of them are tracks I play when I DJ (I play goa usually - still to this day)

So 7/10 from me, probably. It's good stuff for sure, just not THAT good.

Well, I came across this comp once. To me it was a simple pirates' release with a cheesy cover and most of the tracks cut (you just cannot put all the 13 tracks in their full length on a single 80min CD).

SpaceTime2012, where is the 'local store' located? And how much did you pay for this comp? ;)

P.S.: I have another STORM compilation named "Storm Goa Trance Vol. 2". The tracklist looks like Flying Rhino's "Singularity", but with few changes.

SpaceTime2012, where is the 'local store' located? And how much did you pay for this comp? ;)

Hey the store is located in a town called Salem in the US and I paid two 4 US dollars for it and it was in perfect condition but it did seem a little suspicious to me when i couldn't find anything out about this album on the internet and the trax are so short it is almost painful to listen to sometimes

You live in a town called Salem? Well, if that doesn't remind me of the Stephen King novel Salem's Lot... ;):o

The tracks are all good, but some of them feels quite dated even for an old school freak like me  :blink:

207122[/snapback]

Well I personally give it a 7/10 because the trax are a little short and the production is average :) it's still cool though,