What's Up With This!

Dre-Stortion

What up Party People! Stright up, I fucken Love Goa! Been into it since i was 15 in 1995. Since then, I've wondered off into other genres of Elec (Progressive, Hardcore, etc.) but still always looking for that Psy element that was originally introduced to me by The Genius of Electronic "GOA"!! God damnit....it sucks to see Goa so fucked up!!!! What the fuck happened???!?!?! WAs it when LSD fell off the face of the planet???? Or at least here in L.A. that's what it seems like. I have the CD 'Psychedelic Sparks' from 2001 and was recently listening to it. I still really love the shit, so i decided to go back online and order another one. I'm really fucken dissapointed. I cant find any link to buy another CD from you guys, and I emailed 'Children'.....and his email no longer exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF Come on!!!! Goa is so weak right now!!!!!!!! Fuck that! It's still the most intricate form of electronic music out there. I produce Progressive, and Hardcore....and that shit gets really fucken intricate too....but it's nothing compared to some of the Mutha Fucken Enter Demensional God Damn Goa Trance that I've heard throughout my Conscious Existence!!!! God DAmn it!! I'm just kina pissed. If you cant tell........ does any one understand me....or am i just wasteing my time with Goa????!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!!!!!?!?!?!!!?!?!? GET IT TOGETHER GOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S RE-REVOLUTIONIZE THE AUDIO EXPECTATIONS OF THE HUMAN MIND.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

some one who's got the balls....let me know where i can find....something new from Goa. Thanx. Be Hard, but Be Positive.

Haha, I like this rant - good going. Check out the Filteria album, otherwise diversify your tastes a little. It can't be helped - economics really killed off a beautiful movement, but as we all know fashion runs in cycles. With enough of a resurgent interest it will come back, as it is starting to, in small pieces...

I'm lucky to have gained an appreciation for psytrance and progressive as well as good old Goa, but I sure do miss it. With all the high technology of today some really crazy stuff could be made nowadays - not just this dancefloor-tamed mush, but some really intense sonic experiences...

This rant is just genious :D

LOL

Sorry, but ... ehehe ... lol ... just try to relax :)

Like Feuerhake says, "Things Can Change". They changed. Smoke a blunt (actually I think you should smoke more than one, lol), spit on the floor, squat, chill and smile. Because Goa is not dead, it still lives.

Hehe, I kind of like his post because it reminds me of some of the stuff I've said on these forums in the past. I do agree that GOA MUSIC may never die!, but I don't think its nearly as strong and celebrated as it once was in the mid-to-late 90's! And I've never had the pleasure of going to a real Goa party, (Is a psytrance party any different???) so I hope there still are real Goa parties where they play REAL GOA MUSIC so I can experience one some day. The whole crazy parties, freedom of all types of things, exotic or unique locations that GOA parties have taken place all over the world, I've read... just sounds so awesome! You'd think they'd be more of this, stuff so cool and fun, right?

I too was introduced to Goa music as a teenager, and when I heard it I was like, "Wow, I can never go back to techno, house, and hardcore again." Although I do enjoy all types of electronica, I've always found myself being drawn back to Goatrance because of its imaginative structures, catchy layers of melodies, etc... but I've come to accept the "changes" to psychedelic because I have no direct control over the direction that the music industry and artists will take. I don't like how general sounding and by-the-numbers, most trance music has become. Much of this music has become very formulatic, simplified, and unoriginal...exactly what the clubs and labels want, and some times their commercial intentions force the artist to give slack to their creative control and vision! Labels want a product garenteed to make money, and while I think Goatrance has certaintly made some labels lots of money, it doesn't sell as much because its just not mainstream. But if it was mainstream it might suck because then everyone would be producing it and it wouldn't be special anymore, ya know?

When Astral Projection released In the Mix in 2000, it was basically melodic club trance with some psy influence/songs here and there, I thought that contributed to the beginning of the end of GOA MUSIC because AP was one of the biggest goatrance producers who were now not really producing goatrance, that is until AMEN came out. Now is AP's AMEN considered psytrance or goatrance?, because it did have lots of layers of melodies and some songs and it sounded like goa although more modern than their older classic and magical sound. When these club trance albums came out, I thought, "Oh shit!, AP's selling out to the clubs." Many people said the same thing. Some even said that AP sold out to be commercial on this same site under the old GOA REVIEWS section under AP's - In the Mix album reviews I believe! Hell, just scroll down to Infected Mushrooms BP Empire reviews to see the comments made about IM selling out. I even had several posts years back under my same name on that. Some time around then, it seems that goa music started to fade, and most of the upcoming stuff didn't have that magical "thing" that goatrance once had. Anyway, some years back, minimal psytrance came out, and there was a wave of music that wasn't epic, magical, and spiritual like GOA MUSIC was! Maybe some of it was really psychedelic and had many layers, but something was changing. This more mainstream music would sell on the same sites I used to order my GOA albums off of. I became worried because I was afraid that GOA Music would devolve into minimal or music not special anymore too, and all the great artists would start producing club trance with little melodic riffs that basically degraded the greatness of Goa music. (It even happened with Sandman turned Green House Effect, right?) B

But Goatrance hasn't devolved, (some people say it evolved into psytrance) it simply was (for the most part) stopped being made... and psytrance, which had already been around through-out the 90's, began even more so-called branching out into all these other sub-catagories, some of which were misconstrued (by some people) for the death to Goa music, or poor, disappointing typical Goa music, or something like that I think. Many people not to familiar with Goa music don't realize the difference between psy and goatrance in general, right? Heck, theres some stuff I'm still not all that sure about. I knokw that Goa and Psy music are known for being psychedelic, fast paced, dance-ableand that they share other similar characterists. But why, for example, isn't Infected Mushroom called GOA?!?! Many people refer to it as psytrance but IM's Classical Mushroom album has more intricate layers, melodies, and sounds than most of the psytrance albums I've ever heard! Can someone explain this? I know that many goa albums are awesome, and their music will never die as long as we keep it alive by talking, listening, danceingt, visualizing, creating it, etc... Many people want to go to a goa party on beaches or in the middle of dark forests and all that other fun stuff. I think everyones positive energy coming together with all the amazing music is just one of the coolest things! Are there still traditional goa parties? I would think there are, right? The thing is that many people are unaware as to the history and of GOA MUSIC. I've NEVER heard goa music in a club here in the USA, ever!, but so what!, because most people would probably not even appreciate how special it is, like its history.

And I wonder if GOA music will ever make a comeback because according to most people it seems, there is a very distinguishable thing between GOA and psytrance, and labels have mostly stopped producing Goa I've read. Will those epic layers of melodies that can tell a story, sometimes spiritual, super incredible epic songs that are so special... will they ever reappear again in the future? You'd think the fanbase and demand for GOA MUSIC would only increase over the years, but in stead, more and more typical trance and psytrance keeps coming out. Some psytrance is really great, but will GOA MUSIC ever really come back? Some say its evolved into psytrance, but if it has, much of the special stuff seems to rarely pop up now days, ya know? Anyway, Dre-Stortion's opening post got me thinking of those things.

well yes and no... because now that I look back, in those days MWNN - Teleport and Hallucinogen - LSD had 3 minute radio edits and passed on daytime radio!! Even the cheeziest 1200 Mics or Yahel track doesn't manage to do that...

so how do you people explain that??

well yes and no... because now that I look back, in those days MWNN - Teleport and Hallucinogen - LSD had 3 minute radio edits and passed on daytime radio!! Even the cheeziest 1200 Mics or Yahel track doesn't manage to do that...

so how do you people explain that??

206999[/snapback]

Because MWNN and Hallucinogen are Class?! And the others are just.... nah just kidding, but I remember that a lot of Radio djs out there liked this kind of trance. We had a radio program in Sweden that played this kind of Dance music every Thursday I think, on NATIONAL radio. It was called P3 Dance.

This show didnt play just psy or trance, but all kinds of underground dance music. I loved it, because I heard what I liked on the radio for a change :)

I did hear IM in the C&A when I was shopping once though ;)

Ok. Very interesting.

I'm getting into PSY since a few years ago and i see that most people experienced on trance music preffers GOA than PSY, most of the releases at least. I think it could be great a post (if it doesn't exists already, and if it does could you tell me where is it?) explaing the differences between GOA and PSY, but true style/production/technic differences, not just the magic or the feeling that everybody talks about. You could also add some reviews of the indispensable albums to understand what is GOA. This could be a nice tool for newcommers like me who want to learn as much as possible from more experienced people.

Nobody close to me listen to GOA music so it's difficult to discover it and i think that there could be people in the same situation.

What do you think about this?