healium

Just a fun opinion poll...

My list:

1.Classical Mushroom

2. Converting Vegetarians

3. The Gathering

4. BP Empire

5. IM the Supervisor

The Gathering moved up on the list, replacing BP Empire - it's taken a loooong time to grow on me but damn, what an album!!!

1. Classical Mushroom < that's that

2. The Gathering < i like unpolished, but it's a bit too unpolished, so it can't top classical

3. BP Empire < IM in a minimal, more experienced sort of way

4. Converting Vegetarians < it could battle it out with BP if it was made a single cd

5. IM the Supervisor < yeah ok

none, really.... not a big fan, never really been... :)

I'm The Supervisor <- Boring, plastic and soulless.

I'm not agree at all

It,s theirs new inspiration, well it's diferent but after so many years people change. They cannot do same things all the time.

But when you hear "Horus the chorus" you say to yourself "the old school is stil alive, but little dark :lol: "

Peace must be and peace will be :ph34r:

1. Classical Mushroom - Its one of the best psytrance albums ever made and most of you agree! No further words!

2. BP Empire - This album rocks! For some reason this is or was their most liked and disliked album. That is until "IM the Commercial," *oops* I mean "IM Superviser," came out, which seems to be the most disliked! I think most debates with BP Empire exist because many of us are or were comparing it to Classical Mushroom!, which is very hard to top! Regardless, I strongly feel that BP is so well done, and its not better than Classical Mushroom in my opinion, but both albums are so different and wild! There are some wicked, great and good songs on BP Empire! The darker parts are such a nice, catchy touch too! I wish they made more "darker" stuff more occasionally like they did on The Gathering and BP Empire.

3. Converting Vegetarians - The Other Side - I really admire their experimental side. There are at least several great and/or good songs on both sides, but their experimental side really stands out over the trance side! If there is one track with singing or voices that I so liked, its track 1 on "The Other Side" of this album ... not track 1 nor track whatever on Cities of the Future a.k.a. "IM the Supervisor." I prefer less vocals, only do it if its most catchy and impressive, otherwise it hurts the songs appeal. Ex: track 1 on IM Supervisor. In my opinion, those voices are so annoying and ruin an otherwise kickass song!

4. The Gathering - It seems to have so much acidy sounds, layers, and stuff. I never really "got" this first one, (other than track 1 and Virtual Voyage, which are thought were both great) but I'll have to hear this album again, because I haven't heard it in years! I remember it being much better than their most recent stuff, to say the least.

5. Converting Vegetarians - The Trance Side - Many people seem to not care for this side, but its not bad at all. However, I can see if some of you find it forgettable because overall, its not close to their best work. Some really good and some really so-so and forgettable ones make up the mix on The Trance Side. At least this album comes with another two disc's in the same box, and "The Other Side" CD is overall much more unique, original, and imaginative!

6. IM the Supervisor - Okay well, for starters, cool cover! This still some really good and/or great songs! Unfortunately, the style has not changed for the better, according to most people, and there are disappointing tracks on this album than any album before it. This whole "trying to appeal to the mainstream" is getting stilly because don't many of us make up the mainstream? IM's more general sounding album really distracts from the insane creativity that has made their other albums, or parts of them - so unique, loved, and magical. Am I right? IM may be sounding more appealing to the general newbie or mainstream electronic fans audience, but they're losing respect fast from their long-time fans, at least thats the conclusion I come to when I read about them in forum posts from all over the world, especially here! There is no problem with the mainstream catching on to Classical Mushroom style, or even psytrance for that matter ... you can dance to most of it, and you don't always need lyrics and vocals on almost every other track to try to be more appealing! I liked their earlier stuff when everything seemed to come right from their hearts, without any label or creative influence with what they'd release. If I'm inaccurate, someone say something, but thats the impression I get when I listen to Classical Mushroom or BP Empire, and then stick in IM the Supervisor... what the fuck?!?! :(

Some last words: Will Infected Mushroom PLEASE stop the more general, less risky-crazy-imaginative "IM the Supervisor" style and sound?, and make a real follow-up thats even more ambitious, far out, crazy, intricate and melodic... to Classical Mushroom!, their most favorite album to date, according to the majority of their fans and listeners! Whats next?, every track is going to have singing until its not even psytrance anymore? It seems like they're gradually moving away from the awesome sounds and into a more formulatic, simple style with vocals. There is a reason for the way "IM the Supervisor" sounds, and why so many people seem to not care for it when its supposed to be IM's most "tested" (to make sure people like it) album ... some of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Some last words: Will Infected Mushroom PLEASE stop the more general, less risky-crazy-imaginative "IM the Supervisor" style and sound?, and make a real follow-up thats even more ambitious, far out, crazy, intricate and melodic... to Classical Mushroom!, their most favorite album to date, according to the majority of their fans and listeners! Whats next?, every track is going to have singing until its not even psytrance anymore? It seems like they're gradually moving away from the awesome sounds and into a more formulatic, simple style with vocals. There is a reason for the way "IM the Supervisor" sounds, and why so many people seem to not care for it when its supposed to be IM's most "tested" (to make sure people like it) album ... some of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

206979[/snapback]

Dont think theres much chance of that. IM are building a studio in USA and moving there to work with artists from the US.

Dont think theres much chance of that. IM are building a studio in USA and moving there to work with artists from the US.

207078[/snapback]

:unsure: Oh... Ummm.. yeah... I take it thats probably not a good thing for the majority of long-time fans. I mean, what are they going to produce next? A fucking duet with Britney Spears?!