Man with no name

Cinos

I have to admit I don't... that much. All his stuff sounds the same, really. And no matter how much people price his two first albums, I think his newest is his best.

Space Juice really kicks both his other "hit tracks" Teleportation and Vavoom out of the water. And the whole album is more varied than the two previous...

But still, it's all the same. He has changed less than Astral Projection, and none of his stuff have contrast or edge, two essential parts of any track. It's all a half-tasty bland soup, only good in smaller amounts.

I have to admit I don't... that much. All his stuff sounds the same, really. And no matter how much people price his two first albums, I think his newest is his best.

Space Juice really kicks both his other "hit tracks" Teleportation and Vavoom out of the water. And the whole album is more varied than the two previous...

But still, it's all the same. He has changed less than Astral Projection, and none of his stuff have contrast or edge, two essential parts of any track. It's all a half-tasty bland soup, only good in smaller amounts.

206374[/snapback]

Sugar Rush is my personal favourite. Well, hes for me a legend, a milepole in the history of psy. El Hombre sin Nombre! :) I like all his stuff, eventhough he might not have changed so much. Sometimes artists should stick to what they do the best, and he certainly does.

I am really looking forward to hear his new stuff a LOT! :)

I haven't heard his newest album but I like his old melodic stuff a lot! I also have the Teleport RMX vinyl from Dragonfly and one of the remixes (not the progressive one) is one of my favourite tracks ever. For me an artist doesn't have to change if he makes good music. But I do have some vinyls from him (I'm not sure if I really still have them of if I sold them) that were more on the progressive site of things. I didn't like them much.

no matter how much people price his two first albums, I think his newest is his best.

you do??? Other than Axis Flip I found the other tracks on his latest album quite forgetable...

BTW MWNN didn't change much over the years??? I found he changed considerably with his latest stuff, there are almost NO melodies as all and whenever they do kick in they last less than a minute... as oposed to his older stuff which was basically 3, 4 or 5 melodies intermingled with eachother...

you do??? Other than Axis Flip I found the other tracks on his latest album quite forgetable...

206388[/snapback]

What about Space Juice? And Reincarnation!

BTW MWNN didn't change much over the years??? I found he changed considerably with his latest stuff, there are almost NO melodies as all and whenever they do kick in they last less than a minute... as oposed to his older stuff which was basically 3, 4 or 5 melodies intermingled with eachother...

206388[/snapback]

But it's always the same made-famous-in-teleport "dub dub dubbetydubdub dub". It sounds all the same to me.

i only know most of his 'classics' .... and who doesn't love "Teleport" ? , oldschool... great :)

Teleport may be the goa anthem in my opinion, and tracks like Vavoom, Lunar cycle are still great tracks. I haven't heard his last album but it is said to be quite full on, so i guess it is less good that his previous albums =)

206400[/snapback]

It's exactly the same style, except no low-tempo tracks.

Would anybody agree if I said MWNN is not pure goa, but some kind of hybrid between it and epic trance?

New album is quite different than previous ones. There aren't so many melodies but it is certainly not a bad album or forgetable. I was also expecting blast of an album and instead he developed his style in a more progressed way but didn't make progressive trance album but some crossover between gentle psy and progressive. I quite like his new album but his best are MOMENT OF TRUTH and EARTH MOVING THE SUN. Of course the singles he released were great. My favourite songs are : TELEPORT, THE BREECH, SUGAR RUSH, OWN THE WORLD, LOW COMMOTION, VAVOOM, EVOLUTION, LUNAR CYCLE. But he also remixed heaps of stuff and I can call him best remixer ever. His best remixes are : Disco Volante - Moon Raker ( MWNN Rmx ), Art Of Trance - Octopus ( MWNN Rmx ), Eat Static - Bony Incus ( MWNN Rmx ), Infernal Machine - The Loin King ( MWNN Rmx ), Juno Reactor - Pistolero ( MWNN Rmx ), Cygnus X - The Orange Theme ( MWNN Rmx ), Juno Reactor - Jardin De Cecile ( MWNN Rmx )Quietman - The Sleeper ( MWNN Rmx ), Three Drives On Vinyl - Greece 2000 ( MWNN Rmx )...so this guy really knows how to make good music...Respect !

Would anybody agree if I said MWNN is not pure goa, but some kind of hybrid between it and epic trance?

206401[/snapback]

Hmm... yes.

I still think Moment of Truth is the best one... there are some reeeeeally nice songs on there. Teleport is a CLASSIC... don't diss! ;)

It's exactly the same style, except no low-tempo tracks.

206401[/snapback]

then we can tell that for Astral, Hallucinogen, Infected, Battle Buddhas, Vibrasphere...they have their unique styles yep and i don't think there is a lot of artists around who can make several types of psy or goa like X-dream, Chi-A.D...

then we can tell that for Astral, Hallucinogen, Infected, Battle Buddhas, Vibrasphere...

never really understood how anyone could say that these artists have the same style over the years... AP might have had very similar-sounding albums in the 96 era but Amen was VERY different (not good, just different ;). Same goes for Infected: they've pratically completely changed style at each release!! And I found that BotFB are getting more minimal as the years pass by (not heard anything new in quite some time though...). Hallucinogen also greatley changed his style between Twisted and The Lone Deranger...

(I'm a little less familiar with Vibrasphere's work :) )

Hell, you can even hear a distinct break of style between 1200 Mics' first album and their last!!

But he also remixed heaps of stuff and I can call him best remixer ever. His best remixes are : Disco Volante - Moon Raker ( MWNN Rmx ), Art Of Trance - Octopus ( MWNN Rmx ), Eat Static - Bony Incus ( MWNN Rmx ), Infernal Machine - The Loin King ( MWNN Rmx ), Juno Reactor - Pistolero ( MWNN Rmx ), Cygnus X - The Orange Theme ( MWNN Rmx ), Juno Reactor - Jardin De Cecile ( MWNN Rmx )Quietman - The Sleeper ( MWNN Rmx ), Three Drives On Vinyl - Greece 2000 ( MWNN Rmx )...so this guy really knows how to make good music...Respect !

206423[/snapback]

Agree with you there, in addition to those you mentioned I also find his remix of C.M. - Dream Universe and the remixes he did for Grace on the Perfecto Label very good. As for his own tunes my favourites are probably Floor Essence, Vavoom and Teleport, but there's lots of other good stuff too. His tracks may sound similar in style, but there's nothing wrong with that as long as that style is good IMO.

MWNN = ASIA 2004 (maybe they are similar but MWNN is way way better)!!!

MWNN: classic excellent goa artist. Good solid beats, great melodies, pure oldschool magic.

Moment of Truth is his best in my opinion. Teleportation is equally as good but not really a pure album. Earth Moving Sun is good but has some uber cheese. His latest is good but not quite as good as his old style, it somehow lacks something? Energy? Still very nice for those of us who liked him back in the day.

Moment of Truth and Trust in Trance 3 <--- great memories :) Listened to both of those soooo much.

MWNN=ASIA 2001

that must be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard... Asia 2001 doesn't come close to MWNN... Actually for me Asia 2001 is the WORST oldschool producer!! I can't understand how a dude who was into the scene from day 1 and released heaps of stuff never passed the "a little better than average" mark...

then we can tell that for Astral, Hallucinogen, Infected, Battle Buddhas, Vibrasphere...they have their unique styles yep and i don't think there is a lot of artists around who can make several types of psy or goa like X-dream, Chi-A.D...

206450[/snapback]

Hallucinogen. You say he doesn't change his style. :rolleyes:

Shamanix - Trancespotter - Mi-Loony-Um.

Say again?

:ph34r: what? MWNN sucks?? :huh:

MWNN RULESSS !! :) he was one of the first goa producers ! anyway his traxx roxx , last album was no good to me and Lunar Cycle & Teleportation rules and his 2 prewious albums , "Moment of Truth" and "Vavooom" are soo good. :)

Man With No Name ... oooh yeah, this was one of the first Goa artists I got to know :)

Very very very very very very good :)

His stuff almosts sounds retro to me now, lol ... back then I still was a techno addict and such, lol :D

Well, in other words: MWNN = CULT!

Lemmi, what is wrong with Asia 2001 ? Can you explain ? I quite like his style. Yes, he didn't make as complicated music as other old school producers back then, but he certainly has his own style. Albums do tend to sound similar but I don't have problem with that as long as they are good and his first 3 albums were damn good. But, then again, we come to tastes, but I really want to know what you find dreadful about him...:)

that must be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard... Asia 2001 doesn't come close to MWNN... Actually for me Asia 2001 is the WORST oldschool producer!! I can't understand how a dude who was into the scene from day 1 and released heaps of stuff never passed the "a little better than average" mark...

206508[/snapback]

1st of all MWNN is nothing compared to Asia 2001 and vice versa.

They´re SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIFERENT!!! :ph34r:

Asia 2001 is the worst?!? :blink: Lemmi sorry but i like asia 2001 a lot and his stuff is great ... its pure old skool madness. B)

I agree that compared to "modern psy" Asia 2001 released a lot of great stuff... but when you compare it to the "gods of goa" (Transwave, Chi AD, AP, Etnica, Pleiadians, California Sunshine, MFG, Hallu, Chakra & Edi Mis, Indoor, Space Cat,... to name just a few...) I find his suff mediocre...