The Grandma still lives! :)

AmithabaBuddha

I just want to post here an interesting link and promote this "grandma" (yeah she looks my grandma now :P ) of trance who brought us so many good Goa vibes on the 90´s .

People who want her best old skool albums "Phenomena" and "Real Rush" can get this for free since Miranda is offering it on the downloads section.

Feel free to support Miranda .

PS - dont think about buying her latest cause its totally :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

enjoy. ;)

Miranda

PHENOMENA is fenomenal but REAL RUSH was a bit crappy for me, except of 3 songs, rest is actually boring. Her second best album after Phenomena was ASYNJA, now that was old school album after first one and Real Rush and Northern Lights were just lame except of Gnocchi from NL. She released some singles that were also great goa music but later she decided to go with the flow of descending goa style with her comrades of old school goa. Pity...

Dude, shes can't be that old..

She actually looks very attractive on her album covers! I know that Phenomena is downloadable off her site. I have downloaded it and it has some really good songs, but for its time I think this was one of the greatest goatrance albums.

I have always found Mirana's music very cool. She has created several great songs in my eyes, several awesome ones! I was disappointed with her recent 2004 remix album.

I hope she one day makes another good album like

Phenomena - Great! I would still buy this album. Its worth buying, not downloading but it seems impossible to find a copy. Miranda rocks! I don't know of any other female goatrance artist. Although I'm sure there are several out there who've done goa and psytrance, I've obviously not heard about them so they can't be all that great. Miranda is Queen.

Real Rush - This album wasn't bad at all, there were some really good songs but it wasn't innovative like her first. Some tracks I believe were follow-ups or modified versions of one or two tracks from off Phenomena.

Northern Lights - Nice cover. Interesting, cool intro, several great songs and some disappointing songs. The last one or two tracks is sooooo cool, the one with the voices!

Asynja - I think this is her most solid album since Phenomena. No words I can think of right now other than its good, real good! Her style and talent seems to once again be evolving and improving on this release, so why not release another album in a year or two? This is what she is great at. I hope one day she releases another album that rocks!

Hey Jon Cocco, there are only few psy/goa female trance artists in the scene. Second most popular after Miranda must be Ree K, japanese trance producer and she is also great. She released pure goa trance album and even great one back in 96 called Yammataikoku. She had one single released on Tan Trance 3 from that album and that was single Kage which was great. Whole album is completely filled with oriental melodies and goa feeling. After that album she released some singles more in psy genre but still pretty good. After that, I've never heard of her or anything. Shame. There is another female psy artist as one part of ManMadeMan. There is couple involved in that project. There is also couple in Sirius Isness, guy and girl. Goa Gil's wife Arianne is another woman involved in trance scene being together in The Nommos. Beside those women, I don't know any other being involved in the trance scene...

Ah, Miranda... she's more into progressive sounds these days... I'm playing at a (secret/private) party she's arranging on new years eve, and I've been asked to play a bit darker and less melodic than I usually do (I normally play oldschool goa exclusively). But it'll still be mindbending oldschool stuff, ofcourse =)

Oh, and don't forget her releases under the name Athena, there were some really nice ones...

She's born in 1973, so she's 31 years old. When she had her first releases in 1995 she was just 22.

Never really liked Miranda ( i have a lot of compilations on which she also makes an appereance...) the only songs i like are Gnocchi & Space Baby (and a bit of Labyrinth), but i'm glad to see she's still alive.... *nostalgic feelings*

Dude, shes can't be that old..

She actually looks very attractive on her album covers! I know that Phenomena is downloadable off her site. I have downloaded it and it has some really good songs, but for its time I think this was one of the greatest goatrance albums.

206161[/snapback]

thats why you didnt saw her live or on a recent picture... ;)

thats why you didnt saw her live or on a recent picture...  ;)

206210[/snapback]

Now what the fuck is this all about? Just because she's a girl you all start discussing her looks? Is it that hard to focus on the music? Do you have any idea what it's like for the few female artists and DJs in this scene, being judged based on their faces and the size of their breats? It's always the same when a female performer is discussed... just drop it guys, it's about music.

Now what the fuck is this all about? Just because she's a girl you all start discussing her looks? Is it that hard to focus on the music? Do you have any idea what it's like for the few female artists and DJs in this scene, being judged based on their faces and the size of their breats? It's always the same when a female performer is discussed... just drop it guys, it's about music.

206257[/snapback]

I dont fully agree here.. I mean, yeah for sure it sucks if the girl artists are MUSICALLY judged because of their appearance... but if we keep it separate, her physical from her musical talent, I dont see how it would be a problem to discuss about either of them...