Reason 3.0

Guest djnemo

Hi all, for those who like making music with Reason, here is some good news. Reason 3.0 will be released very soon to the market.

Get an overview here:

http://www.propellerheads.se//products/rea...le=reason3main2

I had waited for some other features, like maybe control of external synths and effects, but that does not seem to be happening in this release either.

Hi all, for those who like making music with Reason, here is some good news. Reason 3.0 will be released very soon to the market.

Get an overview here:

I had waited for some other features, like maybe control of external synths and effects, but that does not seem to be happening in this release either.

205621[/snapback]

thanks for this pin ;)

this release will be great , more mastering tools for reason will come on this version . :)

Err...so reason will be an alternative to using sound forge/wavelab for mastering?

Or it is just to encourage the very bad practice of using mastering plugs on the main out?

Sorry for being so pessimistic, but I can't help it.

Reason sounds bad and is not logically laid out according to my way of working and I really don't understand the hype.

If I was intimidated by regular sequencers I really think orion or maybe fruity is much better alternatives.

But you did say the news was for "those who like to make music with reason".

So count me out :)

Reason has wires. Wires are cool. It's that simple.

I've recently stopped using Reason, and started using Ableton. It's better than Reason on just about every aspect, but I definately miss the wires :(

If I am on the road travelling with a small laptop it comes very handy to have reason installed to line out some ideas that develop throughout your travels :) I like reason for what it is :)

a game? ? ?

too bad you people dont know how to work with it..

i like reason the way it is ( no vst and no external plugs ) , thats what makes it Reason.

207830[/snapback]

I hear you brother!! My best production ever was made 90% in reason, and 10% in cubase!

At first i hated it didnt support VST's, but i have seen the light, Reason is just great the way it is!

It's not the BIG uodate this time, but it looks okay :)

• 2 weeks later...

in an interview from Sound on Sound with one of the founders of reason, he explained that reason is the way it is, without audio track support, to improve over all stability...and i think it was a wise choice...i mean how many of you have had big crashes with reason? i dont think i've ever had reason freeze up or crash on me..ive never lost any of my tracks..whereas a program like cubase is much more prone to freeze or crash and give u a headache...the simpler the program, the smoother it runs..

plus, rewire was developed for a reason...it drain your computer a bit more, but it gives reason the extra features that it fundamentally lacks without compromising reasons stability..

i for one look forward to reason 3.0, lets just hope the mastering effects are of quality like the scream and rv7000 units.

peace!

Reason IS a very stable program, but as much as I know Nuendo [2] is also one of the most stable programs, as a user of it I can say it dissapointed me only once... a thing I can leave with =] serves me well, no more troubles at all =]

BTW I also used FL/Fruity Loops & Cubase SX 2;FL was fine but not conviniente and the Cubase SX was hazardous!!! so many crashes, and some serious headaches!!!

Get an overview here:

205621[/snapback]

:ph34r:

THX for INFo NemO

i for one look forward to reason 3.0, lets just hope the mastering effects are of quality like the scream and rv7000 units.

peace!

210774[/snapback]

i've been playing around with the beta for a while now and i must say i'm not too impressed by the new stuff they've come up with. the combinator is a handy tool though... i actually sent them a mail right after 1.0 got released and suggested that they should add a function like this. took them some time though :)

the mclass suite does nothing special, really... i rather prefer rewiring through cubase and use my precious waves plugins. but hey, it's great to have these units integrated though.

the line mixer is also a usefull device, but i don't see why they haven't added this feature earlier... just like their new browser that should have been in place when they first released reason. speeds up your work, really.

the problem with reason for me is... i always feel like i want or need something more when i use it, and that really is destructive for my creativity. the sound u get out of reason will always sound "reason" and that is just not good enough for me.

still, i will go out and buy it just like i did when 1.0, 2.0 and 2.5 was released! =)