4. VERTICAL PIG

5. CEREBRAL

6. LIFE FORM ENDS

7. VIT

8. OMNIPRESENCE

9. ROOM 208

10. ELABORATE BURN

11. LITTLE BROTHER

Here is one of the best FSOL albums they ever made. This album was nothing but mindblowing back in 94 and I am sure people got absolutely crazy when they heard it. I haven't heard it when it was released but in 96, just closely before I heard Dead Cities. Even though Accelerator was pretty good album, I consider this one as their true first album or should I say beginning of FSOL journey. This album totally lasts for 100 minues and those 100 minutes are absolute bliss for ears. Gentle, organic melodies of life forming are followed by sophisticated harmonies and amazing effects. Their sound is unique and they certainly know how to create atmosphere. This is one of the most atmospheric albums ever. If you like your brain to be soothen and taken care of you should get this album even though half of dozen people here already own it cause it is cult release. But for all of you newcommers that never heard this, GET IT now, while you are reading this...hehe... I like of course all songs here too, without exceptions...AMAZING...11/10

Hey Seraph ill start crying about Lifeforms.Its not just the best album from Future Sound of London,i believe its the best ambient/chill album ever made.This is a present from God.Its a journey created in a way of perfection.Everything is created exactly the way its should be to sound perfect.And maybe FSOL didnt want to compare themselves with Gods so they put this annoying sound in the intro of "Among Myselves" hehe.And while listening to this masterpiece and travelling yourself in beatiful landscapes and colorful dreams,Vertical Pig arrives.When you listen to the intro for the first time you think that you know what to expect.But no.This is pure hell.Pure nightmare.What a creation.Absolute darkness.Because there is no light if there is no darkness.Thats why Vertical Pig lands perfectly in your ears.And then they just pull the plug of this nightmare and the intro guitar on "Cerebral" sounds so sweet and peaceful.What a trip....PERFECT

yeah, it's really amazing how the tracks blend together hear. you can't listen a track at a time and get the full effect. it all blends into some kinda ambient symphony, plus if you listen all the way through you can hear samples and melody fragments repeated throughout the album.

get's my vote as the best FSOL album... and my kingdom gets my vote as their best single.

bomble

i remember blasting this off my car, while dozing off the roof of the car at a park on the riverbank in philly - i was supposed to be studying for final. some yuppy dude who was jogging actually woke me up to ask what the name of the tunes were. that was a decade ago, and now i have become that 'yuppy dude'.

great tunes.

@Dasa : So, FSOL and psy haven't influenced on you to continue being hippy ? :P I am joking...I just can't understand yuppy culture and selling their lives for some cash and becoming a robot instead of normal human being...Don't get me wrong please...Heh

@Dasa : So, FSOL and psy haven't influenced on you to continue being hippy ? :P I am joking...I just can't understand yuppy culture and selling their lives for some cash and becoming a robot instead of normal human being...Don't get me wrong please...Heh

206359[/snapback]

as in anything social, it's a peer pressure thing, hardened with necessity for money. you know, if everyone around you are robots, you start wondering if robots are the humans.

'yuppy' (to me) means type of value system (like you wrote), but the reason i said i became one is because i now run like that dude that woke me up.

btw, their earlier (faster) tracks 'papua new guinea' and 'expander' still sound pretty damn good, after all these years. wanna put up a review for those?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...