A new Shpongle 3 tracklist!

tDR_shpongled

oh man, where is ur uncles factory!?! IM COMING!

208592[/snapback]

Near Huntingdon, in the UK. He's the Boothroyd of Boothroyd-Stuart

Posted Image

bomble

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

208592[/snapback]

Where did you find this on the twisted site?

oh wait nevermind Ifound it..

http://www.twisted.co.uk/albums/twscd28.html

Intersting.... k everybody click that "notify me" button and lets get it early.

Shpongle listening party on IRC once enough of us have it ;) Bring your own speakers, and if you'd like, strange substances

I hate Beija Flor - NO MORE BEIJA FLOR.

Just as well it isn't a double - it'd take another 3 years.

Although I vainly pray, the first album won't be revisited for inspiration, it's all this spanish shit and calypso crap and pianoaccordians (No offence people of Spain, but if I want to hear that sound I'll go to Nando's).

Looks like it's fucking Entheogen (A poor cousin at best).

yea i dont see the point in slagging them for useing sample cds, you grab this sample and make something better than divine moments of truth :)

http://www.spectrasonics.net/mp3/VP_World_demo.mp3

however judgeing from the new hallucinogen track, i really have low expectations for this album. Simon is still a genious but hes lost his dark edge. I also think he used all his tricks on the first album that at this point the tricks dont have the same effect as back then (the stuttering vocals, the filter delays) It doesnt seem like he has come up with any new mind blowing tricks at this point.

im not the one doing albums here.. i just cant help it bothers me to use samples like that .. takes half of the magic away imo..

208809[/snapback]

If we support the artists I'm sure some of them eventually will have enough money to record their own tibetan choir...

If we support the artists I'm sure some of them eventually will have enough money to record their own tibetan choir...

208812[/snapback]

Haha nice :)

I kinda have to agree though, it DOES take the magic away. But it wont be possible any other way - their inspiration of samples is also a highly important one. What inspires them has to inspire us too - thats not an easy thing to do

" the tricks dont have the same effect as back then (the stuttering vocals"

simon just isnt simon without the stuttering. I still love it

Many artists have tried repeating the process - and some have reached success

yea i dont see the point in slagging them for useing sample cds, you grab this sample and make something better than divine moments of truth :)

http://www.spectrasonics.net/mp3/VP_World_demo.mp3

however judgeing from the new hallucinogen track, i really have low expectations for this album. Simon is still a genious but hes lost his dark edge. I also think he used all his tricks on the first album that at this point the tricks dont have the same effect as back then (the stuttering vocals, the filter delays) It doesnt seem like he has come up with any new mind blowing tricks at this point.

208807[/snapback]

Aw, come on! Have a little faith :rolleyes: . I heard heaps of Simon's new stuff (particularly Long Long Arms, Stretchtastic and Nothing Lasts) as he left a trail of happiness across Australia in november and december... Trust me - he STILL got it. ;)

Keep in mind that not all of this stuff rocks your world at first listen. The first time i heard 'shamanix' and 'shpongleeyes' i thought 'come ON! What was THAT about??!!' and after 5-6 listenings.... POW! Catch the right soundwaves... Let it sink into your neural highways and you'll feel deranged and shpongled like never before.

Peace :lol:

hehe yea im just trying to keep my expectations low, im sure from what ive heard mentioned shpongle 3 will rock.

Have you heard the new hallucinogen track thats out on some comp? I forget what it is, a collab with someone. When i listened to that track i thought it was pretty good, but then a friend a few days later played killing joke - prana (hallucinogen rmx) that i had actually never heard or tracked down before. So it was like hearing 2 brand new hallucinogen tracks for me, needless to say jana is a thousand times better than the new track.

I heard heaps of Simon's new stuff (particularly Long Long Arms, Stretchtastic and Nothing Lasts) as he left a trail of happiness across Australia in november and december...

Did you hear new stuff @ earthcore afterparty?? (apart from beija flor) I sure did - but it wasnt confirmed if it was shpongle or not

208896[/snapback]

Aw, come on! Have a little faith  :rolleyes: . I heard heaps of Simon's new stuff (particularly Long Long Arms, Stretchtastic and Nothing Lasts) as he left a trail of happiness across Australia in november and december... Trust me - he STILL got it.  ;)

Keep in mind that not all of this stuff rocks your world at first listen. The first time i heard 'shamanix' and 'shpongleeyes' i thought 'come ON! What was THAT about??!!' and after 5-6 listenings.... POW! Catch the right soundwaves... Let it sink into your neural highways and you'll feel deranged and shpongled like never before.

Peace :lol:

208896[/snapback]

Hey, what is the name of that dude that made the shpongle sample?

Got any more of them? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Beija Flor is pure art.

But what's that shit i hears about "Nothing Lasts" being Shpongle's LAST album?

:blink:

214354[/snapback]

It's true. They want to stop before they run out of ideas. And the idea of a perfect trilogy is rather nice too...

Simon 99% confirmed this in an interview.

It's true. They want to stop before they run out of ideas. And the idea of a perfect trilogy is rather nice too...

Simon 99% confirmed this in an interview.

214451[/snapback]

do you have any address to this interview?

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting dusk :

Sadly folks, the Shongle 3 release will be delayed.

We set Calx some 3D work to do on it and he has blown the deadlines to shreds.

Simon P goes to South America for a month thursday, and that will slow the process down also.

Lets hope there's good internet connections along Simons tour route.

At least another few weeks i'd say b4 the packaging could go to production.

......... :(

ok sorry guys, dumb question (its probably been asked a few pages back, but i couldnt be bothered to check). is then new Sphongle Album coming out on 2 x cd's? it seems like that to me coz there are like 20 choons or something. anyone know for sure?

ok sorry guys, dumb question (its probably been asked a few pages back, but i couldnt be bothered to check). is then new Sphongle Album coming out on 2 x cd's? it seems like that to me coz there are like 20 choons or something. anyone know for sure?

217950[/snapback]

It's 1. All the tracks are subsections of one big track.