A new Shpongle 3 tracklist!

tDR_shpongled

Tracks off Tales can be better then ones off '?'

eg. 

'hoorey'  better then 'closed eyelids'  imo.

'room23' better then 'Shpongle Spores'  imo

But overall '?' is a better album - only due to its trippyness  ;)

206033[/snapback]

NOTHING beats "eyelids". NOTHING! B)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much categorization and comparison and judging of this music going on.  It's all completely beyond words as far as I'm concerned, just sit back and let it envelop you.

206048[/snapback]

This is only if I was to have to choose.

I dont think I will get sick of any of the tracks

Hey guys, you have to ALL help me out!!

Download Sample Track here!! 1st file

Download Sample Track here!! 2nd file

THESE MIGHT NOT BE SHPONGLE - dont have a heart attack!

just check out these two tracks ... I recorded it just before off a psyambient radio..

The track sounds like song Simon played @ Earthcore Afterparty!

Could it be from S3???????

If it isnt please tell me who made it!!

I created a topic on it here

stop me if you've heard this before, but... I like Beija Flor! Hey, it's not Shpongle's finest achievement, but it is not bad... In fact it is F***ING awesome!

About the tracklist.... All evidence points to the 20+ tracklist being the official. Since Simon has never released a track that was shorter than 6 minutes, i seriously doubt we will have a cd full of 2-3 minute tracks. I'm guessing they are releasing a double cd - which is a damn fine way to lay Shpongle to rest.

Then again, I've heard some rumours of the album being released on some new type of cd medium - with 4 times the capacity of a regular disc... Hmm.... Unlikely, but the time of miracles is not over yet.

Hey guys, you have to ALL help me out!!

Download Sample Track here!! 1st file

Download Sample Track here!! 2nd file

THESE MIGHT NOT BE SHPONGLE - dont have a heart attack!

just check out these two tracks ... I recorded it just before off a psyambient radio..

The track sounds like song Simon played @ Earthcore Afterparty!

Could it be from S3???????

If it isnt please tell me who made it!!

Not Shpongle... those samples are from Bluetech.

you serious??

bluetech? funny you say that - I just read about them for the 1st time yesterday... weird..

Thanks so much!  :lol:

206609[/snapback]

In that case you need to get the "Elementary Particles" album released on Aleph Zero this year. It's one of the best melodic downtempo albums of 2004.

Yeah, I also reccomend Bluetech - Elementary Particles. Crispy, gentle psychedelic ambience...9/10

206774[/snapback]

Yeah I saw a double album.

Prophetic Sines track on the album is less detailed then on the mix I heard. This versions sounds more minimal ..

Thats why the mix files sounded like Shpongle to me

:P

i seriously doubt we will have a cd full of 2-3 minute tracks. I'm guessing they are releasing a double cd - which is a damn fine way to lay Shpongle to rest.

206503[/snapback]

No, it is going to be a single CD release. All the tracks are now shorter, but in total it's still about 70 minutes of Shpongle. And Beja Flor has not disappeared, it's simply split in three tracks with different names. The album will most likely be released around the end of March.

No, it is going to be a single CD release. All the tracks are now shorter, but in total it's still about 70 minutes of Shpongle. And Beja Flor has not disappeared, it's simply split in three tracks with different names. The album will most likely be released around the end of March.

207271[/snapback]

what ? where are you getting this information from?

How and WHY are they split? Short tracks? thats terrible! :o:huh::blink::ph34r:

what ? where are you getting this information from?

How and WHY are they split? Short tracks? thats terrible!  :o  :huh:  :blink:  :ph34r:

207610[/snapback]

Of course they will be mixed together like one long track. :rolleyes:

new types of cd medium?? like SACD or DVD-A? that would be fing amazing. i sent an email to the record label suggesting that, but didnt get a reply and doubted they even read it. where did you hear they were releasing it on a newer format of cd?

and where can i find music form bluetech? i live in america so dont say a music shop haahaa

"and where can i find music form bluetech? i live in america so dont say a music shop "

man.. america has quite a lot of ambient music shops..

check www.ambientairlines.com for example

or a really great one (maybe a bit expensive and confusing website, but the owner is really friendly, and the catalog is huge) is www.backroadsmusic.com

both in the west coast, san francisco or LA area I think...

if not there, you can order in other online shops, like www.psyshop.com or www.saikosounds.com

does anyone know about shpongle being released on SAcD or DVD-A tho? shpongle already sounds amazing on my nice system and with a high res format like that it would be mind bending, wether you were tripping or not

207887[/snapback]

Nope I dont know, but I hope they sit down and really think about this. :)

Let's all keep suggesting it.

If theres ONE artist who should look into it it's these guys. I swear, such detail. Each time I listen to shpongle on a different system I hear different sounds. Just pure brilliance, it's .. its... agghhh!!! here i go again with the tears.. i love it.

I dont think there is any dvd audio avaliable yet. however there are a few SAcd

When I get my hands on this, I am going to head over to my uncle's factory to listen to it on a pair of these....

Posted Image

Meridian DSP8000 ... the finest speaker system I have ever had the pleasure to hear, but at $50000 a pair, I am not sure I can afford them yet!!!

I hope to then experience everything the dynamic duo manage to squeeze into their music...

:)

bomble

oh man, where is ur uncles factory!?! IM COMING!

so grahf it has the logo huh? all you need is a SAcd player

I dont like the sound of this track

9. When shall I be Free?

OH MY GOD AMAZING INFO FROM TWISTED SITE!!!!

Shpongle is back, with a new album, 'Nothing Lasts' a reference to Terence Mckenna and one of their many influences, the imitable audio pioneers, Simon Posford & Raja Ram remind us not only the about the impermenance of life but also how to rewrite the ambient agenda with yet more spell binding music from their outer cosmos that is 'Shpongle'. With sonic waves in a sea of synths, battalions of brazilian batucada beats, flamenco solo's, piano solo's, vocal soarings from Hari Om and trancey dubs this really is more music from the otherworld. A place of undefinable and indescribable beauty where all cultures collide, genres are rode over roughshot, and nothing is outlawed. For those that know them these will be sentiments they recognise and welcome as further evidence of Shongle's reputation. To those that don't, welcome to a new universe one with it's own language and musical map, a place of beauty and impermenance.

'Nothing Lasts' will be released on Twisted Records in the New Year.

this album will be available here 2-3 weeks prior to the release date. click on the 'notify me' link above to be informed the day we have it available.

piano solo's - we've had tiny piano work on the first two. solos sounds great

Hari Om - nice im happy

Terence Mckenna - :)

ahhh I love this description