TRANSWAVE IS BACK!

Filteria

Hey guys, you have to remember something:

Yep, the new Deedrah stuff suck!

Yep, Absolum style is awesome(at least for me) but has nothing to do with old-school.

But both Dado and Christof are genious!!!

And they will prove it in the next Transwave stuff!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like some of the Synthetic tracks and also some of Dado's. Even if they are not my favourite. So I have some hops for the new Transwave tracks... ;) But I guess new Transwave will not sound as the old Transwave, but I will sure give it a try. Maybe there is really some kind of retro goa wave starting with new melodic releases...

B) As Transwave one of my favourite it will be a dream come true for me! Yes, it's true in nowadays both of them(deedrah and absolum) make realy diferent styl of music then Transwave, but when i remember "land of freedom rmx", and most of all "Cycles of life 2003" wow :lol: wow imagine that: new melody with new power beat something what can take you to a real "Jurney in the outerspace" That can only Transwave do!

So you can do nothing except HOPE&DREAM B)

Unfortunatly that maybe true. But we evolve with them so... maybe new Transwave will be better (don't belive, but..) :P

205827[/snapback]

the good news is that you´re saying also can be true , the bad news is that Transwave could evolved to the Full on / commercial side (remember the latest MWNN release? and what da hell its MWNN!!) , so big names do not have a great meaning to me ...

take care and leave some room to the nu skool generation... ;)

Old school, new school... there is only 2 kind of music good and nogood! Ye it's true in most cases good for me meaning old school, but there always have space for something compleatly diferent something what can crush your brain and give you new, somehting that make you feel better

We living in Psytopia!

Old school, new school... there is only 2 kind of music good and nogood! Ye it's true in most cases good for me meaning old school, but there always have space for something compleatly diferent something what can crush your brain and give you new, somehting that make you feel better

We living in Psytopia!

205839[/snapback]

fullon is no good :rolleyes::P

m not going to get to excited over this. I cant imagine it will be anything even close to "old school" sounding. As pointed out with Chi AD, labels seem to afraid to release something that sounds like goa, especially being its going to be on 3-D vision. I suspect it will sound like a more full on version of body and soul.

for example look at the last Miranda´s album...

its Miranda , "the queen of trance" and look at her album ReRecorded , old skoo music remixed into some weird music :huh: , in fact you people look at big names , but big names doesnt mean good music , forget those old skool big names... :)

we are on 2004 not on 1996 ..

B) Yes, it's true in nowadays both of them(deedrah and absolum) make realy diferent styl of music then Transwave, but when i remember "land of freedom rmx", and most of all "Cycles of life 2003" wow  :lol:

Perhaps this is a good yardstick... what did everyone think of these two post-millenial remixes?

I mean, weren't they just tolerable at best, but nowhere near as good as the originals? Cycles of Life should not have been touched imho... that song is so completely solid as it is - don't change a thing!!

But how would these two artists come together? What direction would they take?, I mean the direction of new Transwave?

Well, based on Dado's interview in 2001 where I first heard about the project... he was hailing Christophe's style and said that he loved what was basically "intelligent techno" (hence maybe the set Seraph heard?) and that he wanted to work with Christophe to make something in the style... so I really have my doubts that this will bring back the oldschool flavor... Of course, that was 3 years ago, maybe they changed their minds since then?

big names doesnt mean good music , forget those old skool big names...

100% agree!! it's not because an artist was good a few years ago that he'll ALWAYS make good music. And I never understood why, but I always have the impression that artists who once made beautifull music ALWAYS tend to get more "minimal-oriented" (aka less melodies, more emphasis on the beat and harsh sounds) as they grow old. Why is that???? Is it something in our genes that makes us not like melodies as we grow older??

Why would you like them to make a oldskool goa album?! That would just be silly.

Deedrah and Absolum is two of my favourite acts.

I agree that it would be cool if they can develope a specific "transwave" style instead of just those two acts meeting eachother in the middle somewhere.

Both of them are so highly skilled musicians so I doubt we can expect anything else than a real high quality album. I really look forward to it.

I myself don't expect them to make an old-school album. But I hope for something melodic and not some minimalistic beats.

100% agree!! it's not because an artist was good a few years ago that he'll ALWAYS make good music. And I never understood why, but I always have the impression that artists who once made beautifull music ALWAYS tend to get more "minimal-oriented" (aka less melodies, more emphasis on the beat and harsh sounds) as they grow old. Why is that???? Is it something in our genes that makes us not like melodies as we grow older??

206081[/snapback]

Old mans doenst make good music :P but growned up people likes more softy music so thats a tricky question Lemmiwinks , and i´ll see that when i´ll get there. ;) one thing i know for sure , they are retired and for good from Goa. <_<

i talked to dado some year ago, and he told me already then, he would begin making an album in the "transwave" style after body and soul was released!!

i let him understand that its important that the elements of agressiveness, ambience, and metallic leads are very important.. and most important is that it is goa scales!! and told him to drop this "gms trademark" basslines.. ^_^

well we'll see if they will listen to their original fans and not turn transwave into a lame moneymaking ibiza fullon project.

i let him understand that its important that the elements of agressiveness, ambience, and metallic leads are very important.. and most important is that it is goa scales!! and told him to drop this "gms trademark" basslines.. ^_^

206112[/snapback]

You could'ver been more specific. Aggressiviness and metallic leads... :)

You could'ver been more specific. Aggressiviness and metallic leads...  :)

206226[/snapback]

i wrote an A4 of text about the transwave style we all like!! im sure he got what i, and most other people want in a new transwave revival.

thing is, if he wants or can go back to the past and refresh this old style.

But being together with christof makes it a really interesting mix, cuz dado

has become much of a cheeze figure in later days, and absolum have always

been about hard and dark music..

perhaps there needs a balance between those forces, light and dark, for it to become -transwave-

Strange thing,

Today (and I've noticed this before) while searching on this sites old Goa Reviews section list, I noticed that both Transwave albums, Helium and Phototropic are listed both released in 1996. Both albums!

Now HOW is that POSSIBLE? There is no way both of these came out at the same time, right? Usually at least a year or two passes, so which album was Transwaves last album to date or which came first Helium or Phototropic?

Why does it say they were both released in 1996? One of these must have come out in 1997 or 1998, right? :unsure:

Strange thing,

Today (and I've noticed this before) while searching on this sites old Goa Reviews section list, I noticed that both Transwave albums, Helium and Phototropic are listed both released in 1996. Both albums!

Now HOW is that POSSIBLE? There is no way both of these came out at the same time, right? Usually at least a year or two passes, so which album was Transwaves last album to date or which came first Helium or Phototropic?

Why does it say they were both released in 1996? One of these must have come out in 1997 or 1998, right? :unsure:

206276[/snapback]

Helium came first.. And it came in the beggining of the year..while Phototropic came around November (if i remember correct)..some of the tracks on Helium was made during 95 (Rezwalker, Hypnorythm)..

And somewhere in 96 all the troubles started between them.. 2 tracks were made from Deedrah.. 3-4 from christof..and the rest something in between :P

I have Synthetic - 100% Pure and i'm glad i buy it before it sold out, and i also have Deedrah - Body and Soul and it has nothing to do with Reload, music specially psytrance is decaying year by year and this year 2004 we can see that not even 1 release was worth buying this pathetic year, i really hope that Transwave makes something different than the usual boring full-on music that just makes us feel so depressed and dissapointed.

ahh you told him the perfect thing, "drop the GMS influence". Its like all of psytrance has taken this turn down the path of GMS style a few years ago.

Thats why i cant stand full on, it sounds like a lame ripoff of the old good GMS stuff.

Ive been really into the misted muppet album, its almost exactly what ive been waiting for if the lead synths would be less harsh and boring sounding.

Helium came first.. And it came in the beggining of the year..while Phototropic came around November (if i remember correct).

206278[/snapback]

Thanks Filteria, I wasn't sure, regardless of what it said. I'm a bit surprised that they released both albums in the same year. That means Transwave only produced Transwave for like two or three years when you think about it, relative to when their albums were released! Wow, a seriously short life span! I wonder why they didn't make another album after Phototropic, must of had their own individual ambitions or problems I guess...

music specially psytrance is decaying year by year and this year 2004 we can see that not even 1 release was worth buying this pathetic year, i really hope that Transwave makes something different than the usual boring full-on music that just makes us feel so depressed and dissapointed.

206286[/snapback]

There were some good, great releases this year. I don't agree with you when you say that not even 1 release was worth buyin., I mean, just think about Juno Reactor, Filteria, Binary Sky (Ypsilon 5), and Electric Universe, for starters...

But I do agree with you about Transwave and about how everything sounds and is so full-on now a days (in general). Most psytrance has already or is gradually or quickly devolving into club-trance with some psy-sounds. Its mostly full-on club trance crap and its pathetic, generic, same-old-boring-style crap. I'm sick of it. It seems that ALMOST every psytrance album now is some full-on comp or disappointment, compared to years ago, where we still had disappointments but not nearly as many as today.

And I want to say to all and in general, because psy-structure got me thinking:

Its this commercial (typical, formulatic club trance) garbage. And this time I have a feeling its here to stay for a long time because it SELLS, it makes MONEY and its easier to do something thats been done than branching out and doing something new. Commercial stuff works best on the dance floor. at the regular clubs, with mostly young people who (not all but most) DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT GREAT psytrance and goa music. So everything is getting WATERED DOWN, which is why when something unique and innovative or great and NON-COMMERCIAL comes along like ... Juno, Filteria, Talpa, maybe X-Dream, (haven't heard it yet) Electric Universe, and even Four Carry Nuts... its up to us to support this stuff and keep it alive so they keep producing it! Thats why I'm so hopeful of Transwave coming back. I remember the old days when music wasn't as COMMERCIAL and aimed at the general dumbass blond girl who just wants a phat beat to shake her ass to.

In the USA, it seems that if theres no lyrics, it sucks or isn't cared for, according to most people who attend dance, night clubs. Its pretty pathetic, I'm like, "Hey, it doesn't need some looped "check me out" trendy lyrics crap, use your fucking imagination," ya know?

But no one seems to want to hear it because all they see on the TV is celebrities attached to there little image, one-liners, and pop song. Its shallow and common but so what because the general audiance can relate, they're naive. Thats why this music has become less produced. Just look at Chi-ad - Earth Crossing for shit sake!, that album won't even get a RELEASED?! and tons of psytrancers have been waiting years to buy that! Groups like AP and Infected Mushroom are only crap when they sound commercial and typical because of their where they come from, how great they have been. If Transwave's new album turns out to be great, not-commercial, and I agree... they must STOP the whole GMS influence and avoid the general, boring full-on (although they can have full on tracks, but when I say that I mean several highly dance-able track, not the typical "sound") sound, then this should be HUGE in psytrance communities world-wide, because there has been a growing demand for excellent psytrance / goa music like back in the day and for our time now.

I hope Transwave listens to their hearts and fans and doesn't get caught up with the trends and the $$$, like what happened to Izik Levy's once great Sandman. Because of Izik Levy's selling out to Green House Effect, (which sucked even for general clubs in my opinion) fans in general seem to HATE this music for selling out like he did, same goes for Eminem with his new crap release. No quality! I hope Transwave never turns into commercial (meaning unoriginal, trendy) crap ever! I had a point to make. They're some of the last classic comeback potentials we have left.

For example, several great non-commercial movies were...

Star Wars

Legends of the Fall

The Shawshank Redemption

Scarface

Goodfellas

Fightclub

American Beaut

American History X

Akira, Vampire Hunter D

Passion of thr Christ

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

... those films were widely accepted by general people and viewers and they WERE NOT INTENDED to SPEFICALLY CASH IN ON, or with the intention to appeal to the majority like your typical commercial film. It was about passionate film-making and if you make something really good or great, your bound in most occasions to not only gain lots of respect and a following, but lots of money as well. Thats my point. Goa and psytrance used to be like the example of those movies in my above. Now few artists want to take chances and get risky, crazy, inventive, innovative, because they've been corrupted by easy money and the studio / record labels. And then you have about 95% of all psytrance doing their own spin on full-on crap.

Transwave can change this and hopefully create the beginning of comebacks for maybe some of the greatest goatrance artists ever! Imagine Hallucinogen 3, Astral Projection 6, MFG 5, etc... but if Transwave comes back in the wrong way, well, then we're fucked.