Son Kite

Tentwins

Agreed - progressive trance is AWESOME!

Check out these albums for more proggy stuff:

Kooler - Open (Sebastian Muellert side project)

FREq - Strange Attractor (Amazing album - mastered at Son Kite's High Hat studios)

Krüger & Coyle - Randy Expander (Smooth proggy gem from Spiral Trax)

Sensifeel - Vision Of Love (French prog from Domo)

Buzzmonx - Toms 'n Jerry (Groovy prog from Germany)

Atmos - 2nd Brigade (Brilliant album by the master himself)

Enjoy!

DeathPosture

I suggest you check out Iboga's Playground compilation too

also, if you want something a little less 'powered', and a little more 'groovy', if you dont know already, check Antix - Lull that was out in 2003,

and Phony Orphants - Symphony also out in 2003

Also check out:

12 Moons – Solid State - much more melodic and mellow though (some would call it cheesy, I call it a masterpiece)

Shaman – Foretaste – more minimal, and reminds me of some of the earlier stuff by Son Kite.

SON KITE!

Motherfucking great stuff!

I absolutely looove Colours!

Well ... similar artists ... hmmm ... besides Ticon, Vibrasphere and Atmos I can only think of:

...Etnoscope maybe?

First they are signed to Digital Structures aswell and second I think they are indeed similar to Son Kite - the differences lie in the percussions (Etnoscope has faster and more driving percussions, Son Kite have a far more techy bassline) and in the style (Etnoscope are definitely more tribal).

If you like Aiwana then you might like some Etnoscope too (thinking of Qula right now ... the rest is more spicy) :)

12 Moons is a great suggestion, but I think if you seek such cracking stuff like Son Kite then 12 Moons will be too scando trancy and chilly for you.

Tegma could fit for you maybe too?

I think it just depends where you draw the line. I would even see some similarity in Noma and Son Kite :)

SON KITE!

Motherfucking great stuff!

I absolutely looove Colours!

Well ... similar artists ... hmmm ... besides Ticon, Vibrasphere and Atmos I can only think of:

...Etnoscope maybe?

First they are signed to Digital Structures aswell and second I think they are indeed similar to Son Kite - the differences lie in the percussions (Etnoscope has faster and more driving percussions, Son Kite have a far more techy bassline) and in the style (Etnoscope are definitely more tribal).

If you like Aiwana then you might like some Etnoscope too (thinking of Qula right now ... the rest is more spicy) :)

12 Moons is a great suggestion, but I think if you seek such cracking stuff like Son Kite then 12 Moons will be too scando trancy and chilly for you.

Tegma could fit for you maybe too?

I think it just depends where you draw the line. I would even see some similarity in Noma and Son Kite :)

205323[/snapback]

The latest Pope of Gegga is great too :)

I think Ticon and Vibrasphere are somehow kind of the same style, given they are in the same label (Digital Structures), but do you know any other similar artist to Son Kite?

PS: I fucking love this kind of trance.

205296[/snapback]

Perhaps Genetic Spin "Backspin" album.

I dont agree with the tegma recomendation.. unless it's their older stuff (1 or 2 years ago.. like that werewolf track, or whatever was the name).. now they're much more in the full on psychedelic scene...

also genetic spin, their older stuff (on/off album) I would recommend more than the latest album...

also recommend: Just released VA - Daytime (submachine records)..... I ordered and am waiting... Seems really good stuff, from the samples I heard, more housy melodic type of progressive

of course that is all a matter of taste and all that shit everybody knows about hahah

I dont agree with the tegma recomendation.. unless it's their older stuff (1 or 2 years ago.. like that werewolf track, or whatever was the name).. now they're much more in the full on psychedelic scene...

205464[/snapback]

Sorry Sherlock, but I can't give you right about this one. I think Werewolf is too agressive, if you compare it with Son Kite. It is a VERY nice track, but I will not call it Son Kite'ish :P

Take care now, bye bye then..

And Vibrasphere, Ticon, Atmos, Kooler etc. is somehow compareable with Son Kite, like all the others allready said. ;)

"Sorry Sherlock, but I can't give you right about this one. I think Werewolf is too agressive, if you compare it with Son Kite. It is a VERY nice track, but I will not call it Son Kite'ish"

well yeah you're right, maybe that was a bad example.. but still, for sure this older stuff is much much closer to son kite than nowadays full on tegma stuff (I heard their set in voov and imo, was horrible noisy stuff)