2. BABY SATELLITE

3. TRANQULLIZER

4. THE FAIRY TALE

5. CLOUDWALKER II

6. CHROMOSPHERE

7. CYGNUS-A

8. BABY INTERPHASE

9. BIOSPHERE

Here is the first album by famous Norvegian ambient artist - Biosphere. You all know already about this artist and I had to review this good ambient trance/house album. This is his first album and for the year when it was made I can say that is great album. He is focused on science fiction and he puts a lot of samples from Science Fiction movies. His ambient housey structures with trance sounds and effects are pretty effective here. There is specific solidness with this album and it is done also as some kind of journey. I like all songs here too but my favourite ones are : TRANQULLIZER, THE FAIRY TALE, CLOUDWALKER II, CYGNUS-A, BIOSPHERE...9/10

seraph,, where/how do get to hear and find that kind of music...

205201[/snapback]

Either you download from thet net, or you are a collector for years and years. Apollo is the sublabel of R&S, very nice label indeed. R&S/Apollo was also the home of Swedish DJ & Producer The Source Experience aka Robert Leiner :)

No, I am not downloading from Internet this stuff, only rarities, old singles, old albums example Boris Blenn - Paradise Connection, that was pressed in 100 or so copies. I was collecting this music and have 2 DJ friends that has this stuff...;)

No, I am not downloading from Internet this stuff, only rarities, old singles, old albums example Boris Blenn - Paradise Connection, that was pressed in 100 or so copies. I was collecting this music and have 2 DJ friends that has this stuff...;)

205276[/snapback]

What, that was pressed in 100 copies only!? I have that record hehe, I am a lucky bastard I guess. But then again, I have so much from that period that I am considered lucky for having.

By the way, you have other stuff on Apollo/R&S?! I have a lot, and I love almost all of it. :)

Remember Irresistable force and Sun Electric?! :)

No, I don't think they pressed exactly 100 copies but I think I've heard there were 300-500 which is nothing considering how GREAT that albums is. I was just figuratively speaking about rarities and how fucked we are 10 years later if we can't find an album we so much want. Then, downloading makes sense if you can't buy that album. I would buy immediately that album cause I love it so much. And yes Nemo, you are a lucky bastard...;) Not even for that record but I am sure for hundreds more considering how much music you've got. People around me call me Rich man with my collection of around 1000 records. When you mention yours over 3000 I was feeling like a little baby...;) I don't have more releases from that label by now but I am sure they released great stuff...Cheers

No, I don't think they pressed exactly 100 copies but I think I've heard there were 300-500 which is nothing considering how GREAT that albums is. I was just figuratively speaking about rarities and how fucked we are 10 years later if we can't find an album we so much want. Then, downloading makes sense if you can't buy that album. I would buy immediately that album cause I love it so much. And yes Nemo, you are a lucky bastard...;) Not even for that record but I am sure for hundreds more considering how much music you've got. People around me call me Rich man with my collection of around 1000 records. When you mention yours over 3000 I was feeling like a little baby...;) I don't have more releases from that label by now but I am sure they released great stuff...Cheers

205282[/snapback]

Then I can recommend that you get Everything made by The Source Experience (Robert Leiner), Get the Irresistable Force and do also get Sun Electric, I am sure that you will like it (Im sure you can get those of the net somewhere hehe). I totally agree with you that downloading is good when there are no chances of getting a rarity.

Maybe MAYBE the labels should consider this an oportunity, and instead of doing expensive re-presses, put them out on the net for download (for a price of course). I am sure a lot of labels will do a fair share of money (and the artist gets royalty for an old release, which is the most important part).

Hey, I just had an idea!!! Tell you all about it later next year haha :)

The Fairy Tale has one of the best synth line I've ever heard, even though it sounds a bit old (but in a good way). It has that nice "rave-synth" sound of that time but it is structurally not irritating like almost all of those rave-synth lines. The melody is incredibly simple, yet so captivating. I had been thinking of posting a topic about that track, but never got to it...

Incredible track, and a good album!!

• 4 months later...

I have the original version from Origo made in 1991, bougth it back in the day:)

Everything about this release is simply incredible, especially considering that its almost 15 years old.

One thing is the production and sounds which are top notch. Another is the overall mood of the tracks, you really get the idea that you are drifting into space on this album.

If I were to give this one a grade it would be 9-10 out of 10 possible.

Favorites: cloudwalker II and cygnus-a

Just one piece of advice to all, if you stumple over this album in a second hand store simply get it, you are going to be amazed..

Peace