Your favourite Psy compilations of 2004 so far

Ale

It's amazing, i just looked in my collection and relized i had bought scores of cds this year, mainly oldies, but SO FEW compilations ! (the number is less than 2)

However there is one that's in my toBuy list : the new Iboga's "Playground" which i think is wonderful !!!

It's amazing, i just looked in my collection and relized i had bought scores of cds this year, mainly oldies, but SO FEW compilations ! (the number is less than 2)

However there is one that's in my toBuy list : the new Iboga's "Playground" which i think is wonderful !!!

205161[/snapback]

Oh Yeah!!! This is a total MUST GET! :) I think its one of the best compilations this year for sure! I love it love it love it love it :)

Comps are usually disappointing! Like a hundred comps seem to come out almost every month with only one or two of them having any good tracks if your lucky.

Once in a while a comp comes out where most of the tracks are good or really good, but I usually avoid comps because for some reason they almost always have many fillers on them, ya know? One or two artist has got to rush to get his single on the comp and fuck it up for everyone... or not. In 2004, I bought one comp and its good.

1.) There Is No Tomorrow - This is the BEST dark comp I have ever heard in my life to date! I'm not saying its amazing, its not ... but it is really good! I have not heard many dark comps, but this specific one really took me by surprise and even introduced me to several artists who seem to put their better songs on comps for some reason. Lots of dark, sometimes just EVIL songs exist here, with super-cool sound bits and lots of interesting, catchy melodies, build-up, and good atmosphere and intro's at times. Several very well done tracks exist and the first is great, the last being wicked evil! Some songs here are VERY dark if you enjoy GOOD dark psytrance in general.

Good thread. I was wondering what good comps were released this year. Hopefully this thread will shed more insight on more quality ones. :)

Tasty year so far:

btw jon cocco Tales from... is axtually an 03 release, but who cares. You can go dry your eyes and blow your nose on the latest IM sleeve i guess.... :P

orebro freakfactory 3

wild spirits strong medicine

unhinged

lhiannon sidhe

fear psychosis

schizm

zen 2

i'm a program

ultrapop

psycho cell

psychedelically yours 2

broken

the turning

new blood

forest

psionic storm

est1

est2

new blood

true reality

peaking in tongues

permutations

there is no tomorrow

suspended reality

deliver us from evil

lhiannon sidhe & There is no tomorrow

Dark stuff... :D

First post btw ;)

Edit: Oh! And i forgot to mention about the great compilatoin called "Schizm" , complete weird alien funk!!

hmmm.. I guess the soon-to-arrive Day Time compilation by submachine recs and Playground by iboga will be amongst my favourites...

in the beggining of the year, some highlights were Iboga's puzzled compilation, tatsu's Pure Bliss compilation and ZMA's A day after

if chill out counts, then I'd have to say Aleph Zero's Natural Born Chillers, Lobogistic lab's Gnostic Traveller and dragonfly's Wider Horizons

Welcome on the forum Nightmare Trancer! :D (you did like VA - Zen 2 too!)

205465[/snapback]

Oh, :blink: totally forgot about that one! Best song of the year must be osom's - over game then too hehe ;) , but is Zen 2 really from 2004? :rolleyes:

205161[/snapback]

OMG. I thought that was so bad that I deleted it from my harddrive (I always dl before buy). And I almost never do that :) Well, what do you know.

Good comps this year:

Rehashed

The Turning

Hadracadabra

Tokyo 24/7 is a lot of fun... gives the dancing shoes a good workout...

I haven't bought many compils this year though, so I have probably missed some good stuff...

bomble

heyyyy bomble back in the forum, and with 6 posts?! how come I missed that!!!

nice nice nice =) (I thought about how it would be good to have you back when I was writting in a discussion about physics in the offtopic)

heyyyy bomble back in the forum, and with 6 posts?! how come I missed that!!!

nice nice nice =) (I thought about how it would be good to have you back when I was writting in a discussion about physics in the offtopic)

205965[/snapback]

Point me to the topic and I'll get the grey-cells fired up...

bomble