Music for painting/shisha smoking...?

RTP

Okay, I know, in the last time I might be searching a little much, but I just need something and I beg you goa people out there for help!

The track is Eat Static - Space Walk.

I'm seeking similar stuff, but there isn't even one thing I can mention what I also like, because I just know of nothing like this track!

It seems to be old stuff, as it has been released '96 on a compilation. Whatever, I just love this track as this is something so completely different to all the fast and distubing sound of goa - and yet it's not chillout or ambient! I LOVE this track! I love to paint to it, draw the lines with my brush late at night, smelling the acryl from the paint and feeling the heat of the UV lamp, breathing in the fumes of the incense sticks, having already tears in the eyes because of the smoke and on the headphones I hear this mellow, acidy music from another world ... I LOVE IT! Or to sit in a chair, having a shisha in front of you and watching the smoke rise to the ceiling in the candlelight, watching it creating whirls and making turns and inhaling the fumes, also having this stuff on the ears ... GENIOUS!

I NEED SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

With the same type of bassline, not hard, but gentle guiding and the effects so acidy and mellowing and yet still gentle and not aggressive in any way. When I listen to normal goa I always have to get up and dance, but this music lets me rest sitting and thinking or painting ... it's the best stuff...

Please ... please recommend me some tracks...

...distubing sound of goa !?!?!?!? :blink:

anyway...

you could try:

Etnica - Be Serious

The Mystery of the Yeti - Tribal Gathering

Tikal - Culture

Saafi Brothers - Into States Of Consciousness

Saafi Brothers - Degravitating

Aba Structure - The Internal

Lumen - Under-Over

Taruna - Regulus

Gus Till - Inamorata

"disturbing" ... yeah, yeah, it's not the 100% accurate word, but whatever, compared to the stuff I need here the real goa is disturbing, energetic, pushing, horizon-widing - whatever, I don't want it now. Imagine smoking shisha with dimension 5 or hallucinogen on the ears - oh fuck, I'd probably stand up to dance and hit the shisha with my arm and the burning charcoal will set everything on fire :P

Nonononononono!

Heh, but thanks for the suggestions.

The Saafi Brothers must be a good suggestion, I know some of their more ambientish pieces and they are very good.

And Taruna is also a term to me!

I'll check 'em out :)

having a shisha in front of you and watching the smoke rise to the ceiling in the candlelight, watching it creating whirls and making turns and inhaling the fumes

204658[/snapback]

wow thats a great decription my friend,i smoke nargile(or shisha ;) ) very often and i am always stuck with this movement of the smoke.But i never thought of the music backround...anyway i would recommend Future Sound of London - Lifeforms CD B) (i have never heard this Eat Static track so i just recommend something i'd like to listen while tripping with the smoke).

That´s in fact a really nice and floating track, it was released on the "Abstract Phaze" comp from Matsuri records by the way. Maybe you want to check "Asura - Code Eternity", I can´t recall exactly how it sounds like and am too lazy to search for it right now, but it could be similar to what you´re searching for: nice, acidic, morphing, rather slow... have a listen to it :)

Haha ... yeah, Shisha is great :)

I just can't smoke it so often - it's the money :P

And lol, to be totally honest: to this track I have never been smoking Shisha - I've only been painting to it. But I thought smoking would also be great to it and so I decided to mention it here - maybe more people smoke it and listen to such stuff too (with the "more people smoking" I seemed not to be wrong...) :rolleyes:

Well, FSOL could be something ... but I'm afraid it will be different to the stuff I'm looking, I know a little FSOL stuff.

But I exactly need such music, like that particular Eat Static track! Because not even Eat Static have more tracks like that - at least that what I know from them is different (it's great, but it's different)...

And I know Asura - Code Eternity. A very good track, but ... the bassline is too hard and the synths are too screamy. Space Walk has no hard bassline - and it's a little faster. And more twisted and more mellow! I want it mellow! That's why I also said that conventional goa is too disturbing ... too disturbing and too screamy...

Saafi Brothers - Mystic Cigarettes

The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences

Mystery Of The Yeti 1 & 2

Eclipse - Journey In Permanence And Impermanence

Kumharas - Shiva Space Technology Ambient

Life Is... - Hom-Mega Ambient Compilation

Maybe you have all what I suggested but those were the only ones I could recommend considering your wish...;)