your fav psy/goa/prog... track with a guitar in it

Manuser

Well, you been listening to the wrong kind then.

I reckon Skazi, Electro Sun and SUN Project pull off the best guitar trance. Waddya mean 380volts sux? Its MEANT to be cheesey! Havent you ever felt kinda like the acid hero at sunrise?

• 4 weeks later...

Prana - Taiyo (Chakra Rmx), what an insane acid-trance guitar track that is :D

209226[/snapback]

Oh yes that's just simply splendid :lol: The grande finale in that track is just awesome and you'll start to shake your head before you know it... ;)

Tim Schuldt - Pretty Poison

I agree on the Uni CD, and then proceed to say Montauk P - "If I (Warrior Mix)". About as heavy as they come =)

204480[/snapback]

hi ukiro,

can i get some of your mix cd/tapes, maybe? btw, the track 'if i' is one of those rare techno tracks that even some of my redneck rock-and-roll buddies like - nice metal energy.

dasa

here are my favorite psyguitar-tracks in no particular (dis)order:

oforia - free kicks

the delta - as a child i could walk on the ceiling

melovskys - purple haze

1200 micrograms - high paradise + mescaline

nibiru - paranoid

infected mushroom - release me

My favourite = NONE OF THEM. They're all so poorly implemented, and there is typically one riff looping over and over as 'just another sample'. Juno - Conquistador is perhaps my favourite integration of guitar into a track, but that in itself is not Psy at all.

The only time I've ever been *impressed* by guitar in a track was at Om 2002 when Ray Vincent was doing a Goa set in the Dub Beautiful pit, jumped in front of the decks, plugged his electric through all sorts of filters and jammed for a good 20 minutes. He was so good you couldn't actually tell which sounds were coming from the record and what was from the guitar. It was THAT good.

But yeah, guitar tracks are cliche.

X-Dream -  Psychomachine

204513[/snapback]

What? There's no guitar in this!