Where u trip?

MIT

I don't know why, but almost everytime when i am in trance i feel like i travel in time. That's not something bad, but i wonder why always i am in future. Only once i be in past and it was long time ago. Maybe because psychedelic is the future?!?

I feel both, past and future coming together.. you see how in parties there is a lot of return to ancient cultures, specially hindu stuff (shiva, ohm, etc), but at the same time the electronic music and fluoro art makes it look like future... and with psychedelics, it makes it all melt together...

that's the solution, I guess, the unity of past and present, of east and west, of good and bad... neither works without the other =)

I also go back in past and forward into future. I quite like those two that blend together cause it gives specific sense of multiple experience. And I like fusion between present ideas of the future combined with ancient sounds and tribal beats. Cyber Ancient Visons Of Tomorrow. But these days, there aren't music that goes into ancient, old times but rather further into the future.

I tend to feel a keen sense of the present unless there is something in the past that i need to resolve. I also however get a strong sense of connection to a feeling i can only describe as a being ancient or boundless... free from time and yet closely connected to the past and hence the future also. I like the sense of time as being non-linear, and when i am tripping i get to feel this. :)

It's good to see some people from other part of the world who experience same like me, it's make our planet smaller and our souls more connected. Actually trip in time maybe realy is something from your memory and feeling that you are out of time. But Oh god i Love that feeling! And when you know that many people in same place is like you it maks trip more nicely. Maybe that is one of the reason i love trance party :P

i still be here! sometimes though if the cupboards are being used (by other like minded trippers) i like to trip sitting under the sink in the dark, with just a light constant water-dripping being the only sound. after a few hours, this proves to be quite an effective manner in driving yourself insane.

woohoo, im off to SA for 3 weeks of bliss in 3 days. no worries or issues and plenty of time to regrow my chromosomes. looking forward to it very much.

• 6 months later...

The past is memory, toughts of distance and lived times to which you cannot return, the past is something deep inside you and hidden in the dusty corners of your mind which sometimes seems to be forgotten but can always be reminded..

Past is experience, past is teaching and a place where to return in lost moments..

past is a smile on the funeral of a loved peron, a reminder of the moment..

283400[/snapback]

strange!

but on a serious note, like my mate and i did this once. we were both quite "psychedelically enhanced" and decided to sit in a dark cupboard for 10 minutes with no sound and nothing to see. pitch black. i managed 23 seconds.

204880[/snapback]

Sounds like a challenge. We have to put that on the to-do list for the Gathering... ;)

How did it feel? Guess it must be kinda creepy, did you have something like visions in the dark? Maybe tripping would be like this for a blind person? What would scare me is not the dark but most of all there is not much space in a cupboard. That could freak me out.

Sounds like a challenge. We have to put that on the to-do list for the Gathering... ;)

How did it feel? Guess it must be kinda creepy, did you have something like visions in the dark? Maybe tripping would be like this for a blind person? What would scare me is not the dark but most of all there is not much space in a cupboard. That could freak me out.

287181[/snapback]

exactly, its claustrophobic. its dark, its silent. absoultely no stimulation whatsoever. only your chemically induced psychotic mind to keep you company.

btw, this is an OOOOOOOOOLD thread. i dont even take lsd anymore.

Funny, I didn't notice that your reply (and the beginning of the thread) was that old. Seems like the thread-fairy is refreezing old threads.

Interesting question. The first time I took acid was at a psyparty (not this comes as a surprise!! ;) ) and after maybe an hour or two of tripping my gf decided to go to sleep (she didn't take any acid). We were awake the whole day and were dancing during the night. I curled myself in the sleeping bag besides her and I was feeling a bit sleepy to. I think I've slept maybe for an hour but since the trip was very strong I can't tell if I really was asleep or if I was just following my thoughts. I woke up when some friend came to tell us that the were smoking a jay and leaving for maybe an hour. After this I was still strong on acid but I had a hard time to decide in the following two hours if I'm awake now or still sleeping. I can't remember if I've dreamt anything even if I'm quite sure now that I really was asleep for some time.

Interesting, but my question was meant more like: "Is a trip similar to dreaming?"

Sorry for being unclear.

287414[/snapback]

Ups, my bad... Mh, I guess it depends on the person but for me it's not. In dreams there are sometimes strange things happening but when I dream sometimes the story and the surrounding change withing nanoseconds, this is not the case when I was on shrooms or acid. Beeing on psychedelics feels more awake to me.