Looking for that Goa logo

Adam

It's stupid i always see that logo when i browse psy websites and now that i'm looking for it i don't find it anymore !!

I'm just looking for that "goa logo", you know that little sign usually black and white representative of goa...

If somebody got it please post it !

I've seen it a couple of places but i need it clear and not too small..

Thanks !

I'm just looking for that "goa logo", you know that little sign usually black and white representative of goa...

204367[/snapback]

If you mean the Aum, excuse me, but then i'm gonna laugh pretty hard you know.... :blink:

:lol:

i'll explain what the "goa logo" really is, It's much more ancient then you think...( i think Hindu)

I noticed at parties people are rarely aware of it, shame...:

I can write 500 pages about this religious symbol but i'm gonna try to stick to the point.

Aum looks like a 3. with a stip & bow on the right.

Aum is the spectrum.

Everything. A (high freq - u (mid freq) - m low freq)

The sound of the sun.

Aum is infinite.

3 bows=3 states= awake,sleep (above each other), deepsleep (next to sleep) connected to each other.

the little stip is the dream state , it is disconnected from the 3 bows & carried by a little bow (=subconsiousness.) to indicate it's distance to the other states

This is very flat talk, just want to give an idea...

In case you were looking for the Aum,

it is NOT "the goa - logo"

It goes back 10000(add zeros if you want) years before goa was even started.

Look it up, it's a very interesting symbol.

nice ones TDR !

Thanks for the tip Emerging !

Yes indeed i am looking for the Aum symbol ..

I guess you can laugh at me, but i'm very interested in that symbol..

I knew it wasn't the "goa" symbol, but it was the only way i found to explain what i was looking for.. I noticed it in many psytrance symbols and i knew i had something to do with India culture (or hindou)..

What you say is very interesting, i'd like to know more about it..

The spectrum, the sound of the sun, the infinite, dreamstate.. Those are all things i think,study and write about a lot, things i'm really into and interested in..

I'm actually very surprised i never came across it before..

If you have some information sources i can read i'd really like to read more about it! you can tell me more too, and i'm sure it can be really interesting for other people on this forum as well ..

I'm actually very surprised i never came across it before..

you must've been living in a cave then... you can see like TONS of this symbol on new age comps, tatoos, necklaces, and basically anything that is loosley related to spirituality... It's a shame that like 90% of the people who have this symbol got it just because "it looked cool" and don't have a clue what it's all about...

i've seen it TONS before, but never came across what it really meant..

I think it's a shame too that people gets it because others have it or because it looks cool like you say !

The more i read on it the more interesting it is.. I'm not a big fan of religion but it's so much more than that ...

Aum looks like a 3.  with a stip & bow on the right.

Aum is the spectrum.

Everything. A (high freq - u (mid freq) - m low freq)

The sound of the sun.

Aum is infinite.

3 bows=3 states= awake,sleep (above each other), deepsleep (next to sleep) connected to each other.

the little stip is the dream state , it is disconnected from the 3 bows & carried by a little bow (=subconsiousness.) to indicate it's distance to the other states

very interesting

Interesting!

I knew, that Aum is the symbol for everything.

It's the only symbol I know of that symbolizes everything around us and everything there is. Aum is the Universe - and even more...

But I didn't know it so detailed.

A little shame it is indeed, for I use this symbol in my paintings too.

But at least that what I knew of the symbol wasn't wrong (otherwise I would need to change my paintings now :P) ... :rolleyes:

But please, I'd also like to know more about Aum.

Maybe about other symbols too ... ?

I'm happy to see people are interested in Aum.

Few years ago i had a big spiritual explosion & i was over fascinated by these kinds of things. So beware, if you go digging in the religious rabbit hole, it's very deep, but also very interesting. I can say it has changed my life. It can change your whole perspective on the world & push your mind pitch black, but it's there where you discover the true meaning of light. :lol:

I looked it up and Aum was first found in the sankrit-age (ancient india, before egyptian empire, that's like looooooooooong time ago :)), but actually Aum is a universal sound. I probably has it origin before the sanskrit.

The A-U-M forms a matrix which holds every frequency.

Aum can also be found in other religions, which indicates that all religions are based on the same fundaments.

Aum = amen (christian)

= Aameen (Islam)

= Hum (Egyptian)

=Ohm (science ;) ) ?

Aum is the name of god in every religion, Aum holds the matrix of the sun, therefor the sun is our god, A creator, U preserver & M destroyer.

A - Brahma (Creator)

U - Vishnu (Preserver)

M - Shiva (Destroyer)

(Now you know where Shiva comes from ;) )

aum was the primordial sound through which the whole universe was created. Scientifically, The modern scientists agree that sound waves are very powerful and they can trigger off, physical existence.

aum is a sacred word and every mantra begins with it. aum signifies beginning or creation. There are seven psychical chakras (energy wheels) in our body situated along our spine (from the base of the spine to the top of the head). Aum connects three principal chakras (the solar plexus, which is just below the ribs above the navel, the throat chakra, and then the top of the head chakra). OM, or AUM, is the first letter of the Sanskrit alphabet. The significance is that it represents all the sounds in the universe combined. In the beginning there was nothing and then there was the Word, the word was Om and all of creation emanates from it.

Aum is the most sacred symbol in Hindu dharma. Aum is the sound of the infinite.

Aum is said to be the essence of all mantras, the highest of all matras or divine word (shabda), brahman (ultimate reality) itself. Aum is said to be the essence of the Vedas.

By sound and form, AUM symbolizes the infinite Brahman (ultimate reality) and the entire universe.

I made a mistake at the meaning of the 3 bows. Excuse me for that, i'm not an expert myself. +It's been a while for me.... (I'm more into DNA & gaia these days :P => that's my religion)

Here's the correct info about the bows:

large lower curve = The material world of the waking state (awake)

upper left curve = deep sleep

right curve = dream state (between awake & deepsleep)

point = absolute consciousness (light being)

The dream state, lying between the waking state below and the deep sleep state above, emanates from the confluence of the two. The point and semicircle are separate from the rest and rule the whole. The point represents the turiya state of absolute consciousness. The open semicircle is symbolic of the infinite and the fact that the meaning of the point can not be grasped if one limits oneself to finite thinking.

I'll post some more spiritual threads if you like, i've got a whole library about these things. It will take me a while to translate it all into English but i'm always happy if I can help people with these subjects. ;)

very interesting post, im very happy to know that peolple is gettin back to the roots and dont belive to much on science, the combination would be spectacular...jeje.

there is a little information of sound and the om sound on paramahansa yogananda book, is very astonishing how a person in touch with god can decribe things like that.... is undescriptible like everything.