Hallucinogen CD singles

Cinos

The ones I know of, and that are listed on Discogs, are;

LSD Promo Single

Space Pussy (which I just bought! :) )

Deranger EP

Mi-Loony-Um

Are there any more of them? And which, in your opinion is the best?

Edited by Cinos

The ones I know of, and that are listed on Discogs, are;

LSD Promo Single

Space Pussy (which I just bought!  :) )

Deranger EP

Mi-Loony-Um

Are there any more of them? And which, in your opinion is the best?

204041[/snapback]

LSD (12") Dragonfly Records

Angelic Particals (12") Smart Records Copenhagen

Now Smart Records copenhagen is really intressting, I have several 12" on that label with artists from various labels. The funny part is, that the Angelic Particals I have twice, and I discovered that their label was just a STICKER over the TIP label haha, I have now a SMART records with a TIP label ;)

The label kind of worked like Rising High records, where they had exclusive rights in UK for a certain record released on another label. Harthouse had dealings with Rising High, and so did Fax Records. I have a lot of Rising High hehe :)

Angelic Particles / Soothsayer (12") TIP Records

Fluoro Neuro Sponge (12") Dragonfly Records

LSD (12") Dragonfly Records

Deranger (12") Twisted Records

Space Pussy (12") Dragonfly Records

Mi-Loony-Um! (12") Twisted Records

LSD (Remixes) (12") Twisted Records

Spawn / Trouble EP (12") Twisted Records

These are the one from www.discogs.com that I can find. I have all of them though. I dont THINK that there is more than that actually. If there is, I have to get it. There is aparently one that is not released, but I have never seen it, nor do I think its available on 12"

I said CDs, not vinyls. Thanks for the information though.  ;)

204044[/snapback]

Then I was just tired. I dont collect cds :( I have a lot of cds, but Vinyls are my passion.

Then I was just tired. I dont collect cds :( I have a lot of cds, but Vinyls are my passion.

204046[/snapback]

Myself, I only collect small, handy CDs. Vinyl life-time is too limited.

How many times can you play one before it's way too raspy?

Myself, I only collect small, handy CDs. Vinyl life-time is too limited.

How many times can you play one before it's way too raspy?

204049[/snapback]

My first Dragonfly EP is still in mint condition, and trust me that has been used a LOT. I have even older Vinyls that are the same quality, and not a glitch anywhere.

It ALL comes down to how you treat your records. For me, I would say that Vinyl has a longer lifetime than cds. I have 5 year old cds that are practically unplayable now. Lucky enough I have made copies of all my cds. And when I DJ, I never bring originals (Only vinyl originals).

It ALL comes down to how you treat your records. For me, I would say that Vinyl has a longer lifetime than cds. I have 5 year old cds that are practically unplayable now. Lucky enough I have made copies of all my cds. And when I DJ, I never bring originals (Only vinyl originals).

204050[/snapback]

Eh? Do you shave your CDs against sandpaper while not listening?! Or just throw them against walls?

I have 10 year and older CDs and they all play perfectly without a scratch.

But, my experience is that vinyls are deformed a small, small bit everytime the needle touches them, and sooner or later they WILL be all raspy. Is this incorrect?

I have the original Popcorn by Hotbutter on vinyl, I got it from my father, and he bought it, when he was young. BUT there is nothing wrong with this one, and I think it is pretty old, and Cinos, yes, the condition of your cd's depends on how you treat them. I have cd's in mint but I do also have ones in very bad condition. (None psy though)

I have a box full of vinyl from the youth of my mother. Stuff like Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and the likes. Some do have small scratches but most of them still sound very good (and my mom used to listen a lot to them, don't worry about that!). So the vinyl lifetime isn't as short as some people think if you thread your records right.

Eh? Do you shave your CDs against sandpaper while not listening?! Or just throw them against walls?

I have 10 year and older CDs and they all play perfectly without a scratch.

But, my experience is that vinyls are deformed a small, small bit everytime the needle touches them, and sooner or later they WILL be all raspy. Is this incorrect?

204052[/snapback]

All depends on what needles you use on your turntables, how much weight there is on the needle and so on. I havent gotten these problems with most of my Vinyls, since I handle them with care. However there are the ones that I have dropped or spilled things on that would just go away.

Long discussion about CD's lifetime, and no, I do not scratch them with sand paper. ;)

Long discussion about CD's lifetime, and no, I do not scratch them with sand paper. ;)

204056[/snapback]

But I can't see how CD lifetime is limited at all, if you treat them right.

But I can't see how CD lifetime is limited at all, if you treat them right.

204057[/snapback]

Printed CD's lifetime is limited to 50 years, I think (though up to 200 years are declared sometimes). CD-R lifetime could be limited to less than 10 years (we'll see when my first CD-R dies :)): the technology is still not perfect.

P.S.: By the way, where did you get the "Space Pussy" CDS?

Vinyl can last in a playable state for 250+ years I'm told. If kept right. CDs are a fifth of that at best. So, it all really depends on whether you expect to be bitten by a vampire or discover the fountain of yoots or acquire longevity-inducing elixirs, nanobots, or other esoteric stuff. :)

Vinyl can last in a playable state for 250+ years I'm told. If kept right. CDs are a fifth of that at best. So, it all really depends on whether you expect to be bitten by a vampire or discover the fountain of yoots or acquire longevity-inducing elixirs, nanobots, or other esoteric stuff. :)

204132[/snapback]

But that's if you don't listen to them much, I think. And then the whole point is lost.

But what happens to CDs after 50 years? They suddenly decompose? Shouldn't they do it gradually?

But that's if you don't listen to them much, I think. And then the whole point is lost.

But what happens to CDs after 50 years? They suddenly decompose? Shouldn't they do it gradually?

204195[/snapback]

There will be no visible damages, I think, even after thousand years if kept safe. But the way data is written and read still has its physical impact on a CD. The lifetime of any CD depends on physical properties of the layer, which actually holds data. I'm not closely aware of the technologies which are used, but I think yes, CDs should "decompose" gradually: some region of a CD becomes inaccessible, then others etc. It's all like HDDs, but with prolonged lifetime.

A local store. I paid 2 bucks for it.  :lol:

204196[/snapback]

Not bad! Don't they have another copy for me? :rolleyes:

Just a note about CD degradation, I think its it occuring mainly because of two things, 1) micro cracks are appearing in older cds - I think this is happens whether the cds in question are used or not, ie archives are beginning to deteriorate, from what I've read. And 2) the the strata of the disc is starting to delaminate. I don't know if this is relevant to one particular brand but my guess is that it isn't, due to the same or similar adhesives probably being used throughout the industry. Sorry I can't be more specific, but web searches would probably throw more light on the problems.

Incidentally, the micro crack problem will be made worse as spin speeds increase. Back To Vinyl?!

markoos

Back To Vinyl?!

markoos

204542[/snapback]

Vinyls are way too bulky to become "mainstream" again. There will probably be some new technology, but I'll keep my CDs until the bitter end.